What's new

Sri Lanka’s MRCA – MIG-29 vs JF-17 vs F-16

If Sri Lanka is wise, they should choose the JF-17.

JF-17 is an advanced lightweight multirole fighter that is affordable, and this would definitely improve bilateral relations between Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Sri Lanka would also have better relations with China as well.

There are many advantages with Sri Lanka buying JF-17s.

The advantages you talked about is purely political. If given a choice between JF 17 and mig 29smt, they sould go for the mig. Dont forget they are one of the richest per capita in south asia

The base line mig-29 is $29M and the over all cost of operating is too high that is why Malaysia is replacing it with 18 state of the art Jets (more likely F-18SH).

The base line mig-29 is $29M and the over all cost of operating is too high that is why Malaysia is replacing it with 18 state of the art Jets (more likely F-18SH).

I'd always prefer the F-18 SH over the MiG-29 any day :D

Atleast we have something to offer and leave aside tejos, arjun your country can't even manufacture small SMG rifle made in India things rejected by Indian armed forces yeh super power bane chale hen..:lol:

lolllll ...i salute ur wisdom

u buy ipr right from china and produce jf-17 and labelled it as indigenious and wht would u call this

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/138156-desi-sukhoi-performs-supersonic-ballet-debut.html

complete sukhoi 30mki made in india ...... :victory:

now apart from JF-17,any other fighter jet u made in pakistan .I don't know but in india ya we have tejas and fgfa in maturation phase .

now do one thing after waking up tommorrow ...take a look in mirror and ask urself ,

" have i made it large ? " :lol::lol::lol:

on topic
mig 29 would be a good choice india and russian are both buying for their navy and that speaks for platform performance

Glad to hear from you, hopefully Azerbaijan and Sri Lanka will go for JF-17s.

I'd always prefer the F-18 SH over the MiG-29 any day :D
No doubt they have good per capita,but buying F-18 comared to migs would be even more expensive..
Just look at price of f-18s,it is around 75-80 million,they will get 3 migs and will comfortably maitain it for long time..
Good idea would be to go for JF-17,as u will get new aircraft in your inventory and new tech.
Also mig-29 for $ 15 million,i simply don't believe this statement.Nodoubt they are very competitive but their cost would be around 30 $ million..

There is another way,they should wait for 2-3 more years then even india can offer tejas to them..
They are also priced at 25-30 $ million also supplier would be very close to you so u can solve your problem very easily,which is very much affordable..

There is another way,they should wait for 2-3 more years then even india can offer tejas to them..
They are also priced at 25-30 $ million also supplier would be very close to you so u can solve your problem very easily,which is very much affordable..

No doubt they have good per capita,but buying F-18 comared to migs would be even more expensive..
Just look at price of f-18s,it is around 75-80 million,they will get 3 migs and will comfortably maitain it for long time..
Good idea would be to go for JF-17,as u will get new aircraft in your inventory and new tech.
Also mig-29 for $ 15 million,i simply don't believe this statement.Nodoubt they are very competitive but their cost would be around 30 $ million..

$15 million was the 1999 flyway cost of the MiG-29SE when Bangladesh bought them.

It's always good to pay more for something better :D

Do you mean INSAS was made by pakistan and exported to nepal and omen. We are superpower or not, does it matters to you. My advice is to you that first become a self reliant country than think about shoting a drone. Leave everything, first tell me that you made a tank called Al-khalid and JF-17 ( oops Sorry its made only in china ) and babur and ghazi missile more than that you made many nukes but did you able to save your citizen and soldier from outsider. If not than why you waste your money in it. First make a weapon which can defend you people than export anything.

And about rejection by our armed forces. Please tell that how many JF-17 have china

Nepal bought some of them cheap.. and under pressure frm india.. according to their former COAS..Who also claimed it as junk as it JAMS... etc...and most were donations.

As for AK...its Pakistani while the chinese version with chinese sub system is being sold to bangladesh(profit will go to HIT aswell).... as for JF-17... Its being negotiated by egypt and 4 different countries are interested in it... as for ghazni or babur n the rest of ur bs ,... get lost... go calm the bhopal victims kid.

On topic... the price of a JFT is around 20-25 million... also the source of the news is a forum...

Coming back to the topic, the best option for sri lanka, which naturally will see good relation from US is to buy F16's. If US can sell f16's to pakistan, I dont see the reason it wont sell it whole heatedly to srilanka.Its arguably the most potent platform among the three. Mig 29's need to be in larger numbers to get the most out of it.

I don't see Sri-lanka actively engaging in a war with it's neighbors, Having a western aircraft will help them conduct joint operation with NATO and US actively bringing them valuable experience which will build a better future for their air force. my 2 cents!!

Well this is where Sri Lanka will have to weigh it's relationship between Pakistan and China vs India.

Sri Lanka surely wouldn't want to upset their weapon suppliers would they now. :D :P
India lies b/w SL,Pak and Chin, so we ll interfere
Because for most of the things SL need India than Pakistan and China.
SL will have regular exercise with us . We know how to do that:tongue:

The advantages you talked about is purely political. If given a choice between JF 17 and mig 29smt, they sould go for the mig. Dont forget they are one of the richest per capita in south asia

real problem will be cost of operation...

Back
Top Bottom