What's new

Sri Lanka’s MRCA – MIG-29 vs JF-17 vs F-16

There's nothing inside to hide, every one knows its only Russian engine. ;)

Hmmm thats why you pakistan, everywhere and everytime says only one line " JF-17 lalo, JF-17 lalo, aisa sasta mall kahi nahi milaga" and the first customer is zimbawan air force. Oops even ZAF rejects it

Hmmm thats why you pakistan, everywhere and everytime says only one line " JF-17 lalo, JF-17 lalo, aisa sasta mall kahi nahi milaga" and the first customer is zimbawan air force. Oops even ZAF rejects it

Atleast we have something to offer and leave aside tejos, arjun your country can't even manufacture small SMG rifle made in India things rejected by Indian armed forces yeh super power bane chale hen..:lol:

MiG-29SMT, Don't know about F-16.........

Where did you get that figure of $15 million for a Mig-29 SMT? It won't be less than $35 million a pop, that too without its weapon package.

You simply can't expect a modern fighter with long range radar, CFTs, Fly-by-wire systems, extended range at $15 million. Even upgrading existing Indian Mig-29Ms to SMT standard costs more than $15 million a piece.

JF-17 seems to be the most apt choice for Sri Lankan airforce, given their defence budget.

Well the major threat for Srilanka is going to be from the sea so I think all three of them are bad idea. I rather will ask them to go for the Norwegian F 16s second hand with all the armaments and atleast two squadrons of long range Sukhois.

This would actually give them a credible airforce and a few used E 2C Hawkeyes if the US are going to sell or the Erieye.

Atleast we have something to offer and leave aside tejos, arjun your country can't even manufacture small SMG rifle made in India things rejected by Indian armed forces yeh super power bane chale hen..:lol:

Do you mean INSAS was made by pakistan and exported to nepal and omen. We are superpower or not, does it matters to you. My advice is to you that first become a self reliant country than think about shoting a drone. Leave everything, first tell me that you made a tank called Al-khalid and JF-17 ( oops Sorry its made only in china ) and babur and ghazi missile more than that you made many nukes but did you able to save your citizen and soldier from outsider. If not than why you waste your money in it. First make a weapon which can defend you people than export anything.

And about rejection by our armed forces. Please tell that how many JF-17 have china

Well the major threat for Srilanka is going to be from the sea so I think all three of them are bad idea. I rather will ask them to go for the Norwegian F 16s second hand with all the armaments and atleast two squadrons of long range Sukhois.

This would actually give them a credible airforce and a few used E 2C Hawkeyes if the US are going to sell or the Erieye.

Why would they need long range Sukhoi-30s, and E 2C hawkeyes?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Used F-16s, normal MiG-29s, or fully loaded JF-17. The choice isn't that hard.

So JF-17s better than Mig-29 SMTs?

Why would they need long range Sukhoi-30s, and E 2C hawkeyes?

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

So JF-17s better than Mig-29 SMTs?

Protect their sea lanes as they are going to be one of the most important country in the coming decade. Remember, the mineral resources of IOR is yet to be researched and discovered.

Protect their sea lanes as they are going to be one of the most important country in the coming decade. Remember, the mineral resources of IOR is yet to be researched and discovered.

They are yet to be researched and discovered, and still you're betting on it? Reminds me of Haq Mushing's blog. :rofl:

Didn't China say they don't want to sell the JF-17 to other nations?

If Sri Lanka is wise, they should choose the JF-17.

JF-17 is an advanced lightweight multirole fighter that is affordable, and this would definitely improve bilateral relations between Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Sri Lanka would also have better relations with China as well.

There are many advantages with Sri Lanka buying JF-17s.

Good,Keep it up :partay:
i hope it can compete with F-22,the only counterpart in the world
The other counterpart would be Jf17

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

If Sri Lanka is wise, they should choose the JF-17.

JF-17 is an advanced lightweight multirole fighter that is affordable, and this would definitely improve bilateral relations between Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Sri Lanka would also have better relations with China as well.

There are many advantages with Sri Lanka buying JF-17s.
You forgot the disadvantage that India will have access to these planes .
SL has tasted the Mig so i dont think any other plane can take the deal .

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

fox,
we can offer FGFA:P with in a decade

The other counterpart would be Jf17

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

You forgot the disadvantage that India will have access to these planes .
SL has tasted the Mig so i dont think any other plane can take the deal .

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

fox,
we can offer FGFA:P with in a decade

Well this is where Sri Lanka will have to weigh it's relationship between Pakistan and China vs India.

Sri Lanka surely wouldn't want to upset their weapon suppliers would they now. :D :P

Back
Top Bottom