What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

@illusion8 I just checked stats, couldn't able to find how many Sri Lankans have visited India in 2012

In 2006 , 154,813 Sri Lankans have visited according Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India source: India Inbound Tourism Statistics,India Inbound Visitors Summary,India Tourism Statistics Inbound,Tourism Growth Statistics India
so the number must be over or closer to 2 lakhs in 2012.

Total number of South Asian tourists who visited Sri Lanka in 2012 (until Nov.) 226,114 tourists including Indians. :D

source: Sri Lanka : Sri Lanka tourist arrivals reach record high in November

so mate before expressing your arrogant laugh it's better to check these details. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
What do a country which is equal to the size of two or three districts in India has to offer by these visa's to Indians.

It is in the interest of srilanka to offer visas and they offered nothing more.

As mentioned in the article, they have shortage of workers and the workers from India is good at agriculture.. They need people for working in their agricultural field... We have plenty of expertise in it..

Whats wrong with Sri Lanka offering us visa people?? We Indians are know to be even is some African countries.. If they are giving us better pays, then why cant we go to that country for work??

@illusion8 I just checked stats, couldn't able to find how many Sri Lankans have visited India in 2012

In 2006 , 154,813 Sri Lankans have visited according Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India source: India Inbound Tourism Statistics,India Inbound Visitors Summary,India Tourism Statistics Inbound,Tourism Growth Statistics India
so the number must be over or closer to 2 lakhs in 2012.

Total number of South Asian tourists who visited Sri Lanka in 2012 (until Nov.) 226,114 tourists including Indians. :D

source: Sri Lanka : Sri Lanka tourist arrivals reach record high in November

so mate before expressing your arrogant laugh it's better to check these details. :P

Arrogant laugh? you started LOLing first -

India got 2.6 million tourists in 2008 and about 8.9 million by 2020 so its just a blimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned in the article, they have shortage of workers and the workers from India is good at agriculture.. They need people for working in their agricultural field... We have plenty of expertise in it..

Whats wrong with Sri Lanka offering us visa people?? We Indians are know to be even is some African countries.. If they are giving us better pays, then why cant we go to that country for work??

I am answering some of the arrogant guys here who think India is trolled by this statement from Srilanka :cheers:

:lol: Here comes the master bullsh@tter to the rescue.

As for your statement - yeah why not - but it's not Sri Lankans who do that - but Indians do that in Sri Lanka.

:lol: Indians and Chinese are supposed to be high spenders in Sri Lanka - get your statistics right and stop relying on wiki for it.

Lol chinese are..Not Indians sorry ! No country considers Indian tourists as walking wallets..they are well known for bringing food from out side and eating them inside the hotels ! Anyway not every one..there are decent Indians as well :D

Sri Lanka never spent money on advertising SL in India..Only this year they are planning to advertise bit more..We didi that every where but not in India..The reason is they are`nt that profitable..Also some are creepy and those Indians who go to beachess aren`t welcomed by European tourists(the ones that bring us money) !

there are many begger and homeles people in sri lanka. they should give them jobs first

visit SL and see if there are a lot !..If u can`t afford go to youtube and check videos of SL (2012-13 ones..not old ones)

i have to agree on that. there are nude beaches in india that are mostly populated by whites, but then the damn Gavwallahs from the $hitholes of india sit their and stare like animals. some even take photographs. its disgusting that many come just for this purpose. i saw this first hand in goa

Lol chinese are..Not Indians sorry ! No country considers Indian tourists as walking wallets..

MUMBAI: Did you know that an Indian tourist in Australia spends Rs 3.37 lakh on average? Or that desi travellers contributed nearly $4 billion (almost Rs 20,000 crore) to the US economy in 2010? In a reflection of the changing global trend, tourists from India and China are increasingly acquiring the status of big spenders. Data on the average sums spent by a tourist per trip substantiates this pattern. In Australia and South Africa, tourists from these two Asian countries outspend those from the US and the UK.

Indians, Chinese big spending tourists - Times Of India

With Indian tourists among the biggest spenders in Switzerland, the Swiss Tourism is pulling out all the stops to promote the land of mountains, glaciers and rivers to potential tourists.

A team of 22 officials from Switzerland Tourism is in Chennai to promote Switzerland as a destination of choice among the travel agents, who in turn will take the message to the potential travellers.

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Government & Policy : Switzerland beckons Indian tourists

Indian travellers have emerged as the sixth biggest spenders on hotels globally while travelling overseas in 2010 with an average spend of Rs 6,722 per night despite remaining value conscious during domestic outings, according to a latest survey.
Indians have surpassed travellers from the UK, France, Germany and Singapore in terms of hotel spends, Hotel Price Index by Hotels.com said.

Indians 6th biggest spenders in the world on overseas hotels

The Indian tourists are coming! Keeping in mind the age-old saying that ‘guests are god’, its “guest welcome time” for France. Despite rising air travel costs, Indians have retained their spot among the top five nationalities to visit France and, thanks to their growing disposable incomes that are acquiring a reputation of being big spenders as well.

France all set to woo Indian Tourists

I am through teaching these idiots.

I am away from this stupid thread for now :wave:

i have to agree on that. there are nude beaches in india that are mostly populated by whites, but then the damn Gavwallahs from the $hitholes of india sit their and stare like animals. some even take photographs. its disgusting that many come just for this purpose. i saw this first hand in goa

You should visit france la chiappa beach.... Goa doesn't reflect Indian culture... more like Portuguese and french..... i don't think there is naturists beach In INDIA...... I don't know..

there is a difference between an Indian that visit Switzerland and SL..Only 0.001% of Indians can go Switzerland and the ones who go there are the richest they have..Average Indian tourists go to Asian countries and they spend less than locals,lol

No point in arguing thats how everyone consider Indians !

there is a difference between an Indian that visit Switzerland and SL..Only 0.001% of Indians can go Switzerland and the ones who go there are the richest they have..Average Indian tourists go to Asian countries and they spend less than locals,lol

No point in arguing thats how everyone consider Indians !

read the thread title and talk according to it... already one guy get banned do you want second to him?

read the thread title and talk according to it... already one guy get banned do you want second to him?

haha tell that to your fellow Indians..they are the ones who started talking about tourists and I replied u can see that if you go through the past posts

I don`t know who u are and if u have the authority to ban people and if u are not biased, before banning Sri Lankans you should have already banned all the Indians who posted things that are not relavent at all just to advertise their country !

Back
Top Bottom