What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

The news is from an Indian source. Why would they publish it if it was baseless ?

oh, so many arrogant Indians members here. There are so many comments I try to answer as much as I can.

The problem is Pay and Culture! Tamils would feel more comfortable working there than any other country u name (Other people will only find themselves out of place).

yep, I agree with that, that's why they're already illegally working here.
unskilled are all most from TN, Under skilled category there are Indians, Chinese, even recently Philippians are here.

what is the salary offered for labours in Srilanka??, because I don't understand the reason that farm labours are going form Tamil Nadu to work in Srilanak, because my Father In Law is having construction business in a small city called Coimbatore and 50% of the labour force are from Bihar and UP, we find it very difficult to get local guys, and the mason salary per day is Rs. 650 to Rs.850 and helper is getting Rs.500 to Rs.600...

I request you to post the labour salary offered in Srilanka because I find it very amusing to read labours from Tamil Nadu are coming to work in Srilanka...!!!

I haven't idea about the salaries related to paddy fields, normal unskilled daily wage of labour 800-1000 LKR, there are areas as low as 500 LKR.

dude we have two states UP and Bihar where almost 30% of India's population are residing, and these two states are least developed and it's dragging the over all development index of India to lower, on the other hand all the four southern states are relatively wealthy and even will surpass Srilanka in most of the developmet index, also states like Gujarat, Punjab are way ahead in many development index compared to the entire region...

I don't agree with that, can you provide stats related to your comment? I greedily waiting for it!

Poverty is not same in all states, infact there are enough job opportunities in India. Sri Lanka should better try to get workers from Bangladesh. Meanwhile you can read this article.

BBC News - The Indian Dream

People who work illegally is mostly Tamilnadu Tamils, yep workers from Bangladesh is considerable option.

there are many begger and homeles people in sri lanka. they should give them jobs first

I just wonder why these Indians are so arrogant!

Beggars in Sri Lanka is rare incident, There are some Indian members in this forum who have visited Sri Lanka, if you have visited recent years how many times you have seen beggars in here?? Please answer guyz!
mate, there are homeless people in here but it's not worst like in India, Once I posted the census report with done recent years on this PDF, search for it. I'm lazy to dig for that at this moment.

People who work illegally is mostly Tamilnadu Tamils, yep workers from Bangladesh is considerable option.

There are lot many people from North working in TN. Surely Tamils don't need to go outside when they provide jobs even to North Indians

There are lot many people from North working in TN. Surely Tamils don't need to go outside when they provide jobs even to North Indians

may be, may be. lol But Indian Tamils are getting arrested working in illegally here too.

when srilanka was ceylon, it was regarded as more developed than southern india and offered jobs and resources for many indians. same with burma(myanmar).

however, considering the 2013 scenario will be different. India especially south and western India has developed considerably.

If they have shortage of workers they can ask their millions of people working in Gulf and other countries to come back and work in Sri Lanka. Many Sri Lankans work in India too I guess.

The newspaper said that they are leaving for Gulf and other countreis for better pay off hence the shortage so they aint coming back thefore the gap be filled with more cheap labour from neighbouring countries.

Nothing wrong in it. Sri Lanka has offered the visas and those who need jobs will do avail those who dont will not .
there is NOTHING to feel inferior and get agitated at Sri Lankan offer.

Lol that's kind of what happened to this forum....
On Topic: Will Sri Lanka allow Indian Tamils to work in SL?
:lol: Smaart Boiiii.....

Tamils are there in Sri Lanka. So I tdon't think that will be problem unless there are charges or accusation madethat Indian Tamils are coming to change the demography of Sri Lanka. There is possibility of it. Quite less.

350 INR = 6.45 US $ (per day)
If so then why Indian poverty percentage is so high?
Read his comments properly.......................He is telling about Kerala.........Check Kerala & SL rate of poverty & then give your expert comments...................

Back
Top Bottom