What's new

Sri Lanka plans to grant working visa to Indians due to labour shortage

Read his comments properly.......................He is telling about Kerala.........Check Kerala & SL rate of poverty & then give your expert comments...................

I don't have idea about Kerala so you can provide those details on here, is it the #1 state in India?

Sri Lanka

population = 20 million
GDP = 65 billion
GDF per capita = 3139 US $

Source: IMF & Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unemployment rate - 3.9%

Source: Department of Census and Statistics-Sri Lanka, report > https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:uMHX56VOrXMJ:www.statistics.gov.lk/samplesurvey/Bullet2012q2-final.pdf+The+unemployment+rate+for+the+second+quarter+2012+was+reported+as+3.9+percent&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh47xIdHmTtmi_-7Hyr4K9sdGbLCM_PZvTm5eawOuF-UFzQ-c366ZUZOgO1-v7ZohsvErjHtNsQGVDwgVQmVyS4Kj608qbImoQunWS0Gtu_Kc9uKHHEF18hCapqnqAscZVf3uEm&sig=AHIEtbSU5Y9oail-ufwLIfWFnCH7YseOyA

Poverty - 6.2%
(wiki says 4.3% I do not know that is the latest in 2012)
source: Economy of Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homeless people in Sri Lanka by Districts

hP60w.jpg

source: Department of Census and Statistics

Sri Lankans going gung ho about a troll article while Indian tourists put food on their tables. :lol:

The Hindu : News / International : Indians top list of tourists to Sri Lanka
Travel Biz Monitor :: Indians constituted largest number of visitors to Sri Lanka in September 2012

Now entertain us Sri Lankans or we are not coming there..

lol dude, Indian percentage is small compared to total.

:lol:

Indian tourists far outnumber people from the rest of the countries visiting Sri Lanka. This has again been confirmed after the September 2012 numbers were compiled and put out by the Sri Lanka Tourism.

In September this year, a total of 71,111 tourists visited Sri Lanka. Of this, 13,888 (19.5 per cent) were Indians. The next largest group, country-wise, was from the United Kingdom, 8586. While the overall number of tourist arrivals from India didn’t change significantly compared to September 2011, (just an increase of 4.2 per cent), the numbers are increasing from the rest of the globe, as word spreads on the newer properties, and the reign of peace by the Sri Lankan government.

And, your poverty level below 1.25$ is 8.9.

:lol:

Indian tourists far outnumber people from the rest of the countries visiting Sri Lanka. This has again been confirmed after the September 2012 numbers were compiled and put out by the Sri Lanka Tourism.

In September this year, a total of 71,111 tourists visited Sri Lanka. Of this, 13,888 (19.5 per cent) were Indians. The next largest group, country-wise, was from the United Kingdom, 8586. While the overall number of tourist arrivals from India didn’t change significantly compared to September 2011, (just an increase of 4.2 per cent), the numbers are increasing from the rest of the globe, as word spreads on the newer properties, and the reign of peace by the Sri Lankan government.

And, your poverty level below 1.25$ is 8.9.

total Indian visits in last year, 2 lakhs or something, total tourists visited SL in last year over 1 million. most tourists we get from EU region mainly from UK and Germany.

I don't have idea about Kerala so you can provide those details on here, is it the #1 state in India?

Sri Lanka

population = 20 million
GDP = 65 billion
GDF per capita = 3139 US $

Source: IMF & Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unemployment rate - 3.9%

Source: Department of Census and Statistics-Sri Lanka, report > https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:uMHX56VOrXMJ:www.statistics.gov.lk/samplesurvey/Bullet2012q2-final.pdf+The+unemployment+rate+for+the+second+quarter+2012+was+reported+as+3.9+percent&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESh47xIdHmTtmi_-7Hyr4K9sdGbLCM_PZvTm5eawOuF-UFzQ-c366ZUZOgO1-v7ZohsvErjHtNsQGVDwgVQmVyS4Kj608qbImoQunWS0Gtu_Kc9uKHHEF18hCapqnqAscZVf3uEm&sig=AHIEtbSU5Y9oail-ufwLIfWFnCH7YseOyA

Poverty - 6.2%
(wiki says 4.3% I do not know that is the latest in 2012)
source: Economy of Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homeless people in Sri Lanka by Districts

hP60w.jpg

source: Department of Census and Statistics

Good that you rely on Wiki for datas..................

:lol: That's 20% from India alone.

You just laugh like Indian tourists are feeding lankans here, while over 80% are from other countries. Having 1 tourist from EU is more advantage than having 10 Indian tourists. no offence.

Indians are strange jokers . Can you apply the same statement about foreign tourists puting food on Indians' table ?

:lol: Here comes the master bullsh@tter to the rescue.

As for your statement - yeah why not - but it's not Sri Lankans who do that - but Indians do that in Sri Lanka.

You just laugh like Indian tourists are feeding lankans here, while over 80% are from other countries. Having 1 tourist from EU is more advantage than having 10 Indian tourists. no offence.

:lol: Indians and Chinese are supposed to be high spenders in Sri Lanka - get your statistics right and stop relying on wiki for it.

As for your statement - yeah why not - but it's not Sri Lankans who do that - but Indians do that in Sri Lanka.

:lol: Indians and Chinese are supposed to be high spenders in Sri Lanka - get your statistics right and stop relying on wiki for it.

:D Ask from any Sri Lankan about famous "roti" incident about Indian tourists. (I dont want to write, ;) )

:D Ask from any Sri Lankan about famous "roti" incident about Indian tourists. (I dont want to write, ;) )

Yeah now we are going into personal accounts - are we?, OK I'll catch hold of a Sri Lankan and ask him about the famous "Roti" incident and post it when I do that.

Yeah now we are going into personal accounts - are we?, OK I'll catch hold of a Sri Lankan and ask him about the famous "Roti" incident and post it when I do that.

no buddy, it's more popular even in our parliament. :P

So you agree that foreign tourists put food on Indians' table

Back
Top Bottom