What's new

Sri Lanka may stop preferential trade with India

Sri Lanka can buy oil the same way Israel buys Arab oil. Once the Chinese buy the oil, its Chinese oil.

Excuse me Mr. Patriot .. from where you are ? Pakistan na ... that's why Pakistan is mentioned in this thread.
So just because a poster is from some specific country , means that the topic be extended to include that very country even when it is not ? :azn: ... Really ? :lol: How old are you , my dear boy ?

Just wait & see, what happens to that resolution ;)

Mate - I am waiting for supreme court order on katchatheevu. I am waiting for that drama to unfold when you would see a total reversal in India's SL policy. As Indian govt would be bounded by that verdict and had to act against SL. I would want to see how SL reacts at that time.

If you dnt know about Kachatheevu waters then STF ....
I didn't expect decency from you actually so i am hardly surprised ... But still does Kachchatheevu waters have some special privilege in International Law which allows for illegal crossing of borders ? As for SL killing Indian fisherman , I will ask again , What do the Indians do with people illegally crossing their borders ?

Under the treaty agreement of 1974, Indian fishermen do not have rights to fishing around the island as it is within the territorial waters of Sri Lanka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kachchatheevu

India is a sovereign country and Can vote for whom she want. Why lankan are you complaing? Whats your problem? Other 23 countries also voted against you but only targeting India. Why? And also our vote is not the deciding one. I mean if India voted for you or didn't voted than result would be the same.

Sri Lanka can buy oil the same way Israel buys Arab oil. Once the Chinese buy the oil, its Chinese oil.

Recently we have new deal with Oman.
Iran oil ban is not effecting Sri Lanka soon, US has requested to cut down Iran oil only 15% in this year.

India is a sovereign country and Can vote for whom she want. Why lankan are you complaing? Whats your problem? Other 23 countries also voted against you but only targeting India. Why?

Because they rely on India like hell for international bailouts .. If India sneezes then they catch fever.

India double crossed Sri Lanka thanks to coalition politics. We have a bunch of idiots ruling this benighted country! Imbeciles who don't have the balls to face up to the West. And we call ourselves an emerging power!

We even ditched a country that's a fellow member of SAARC! That sucks to hell and high heaven! We pulled the rug from under their feet! WTF?

I won't be surprised if India is now treated as a pariah nation in South Asia. We ditched our own friend and neighbour! Jeeez! Can we be trusted by our neighbours in future? Simple answer: NO! The UPA should be sent packing post haste. They aren't fit to be members of even a village panchayat! Jeeez! :tdown:

I didn't expect decency from you actually so i am hardly surprised ... But still does Kachchatheevu waters have some special privilege in International Law which allows for illegal crossing of borders ? As for SL killing Indian fisherman , I will ask again , What do the Indians do with people illegally crossing their borders ?

Under the treaty agreement of 1974, Indian fishermen do not have rights to fishing around the island as it is within the territorial waters of Sri Lanka.

Kachchatheevu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First you have to understand difference between territorial water and border between two countries .. But I know its hard for you

1000s of Pakistanis die in a lot of ways, why then make such a fuss over the 20 something Pak Soldiers killed by NATO.

Ya,

Hundreds of Indians die every day. Why make a fuss about Dawood Ibrahim or Ajmal Kasab, eh?

I see sri lanka growing once agiain at break neck speed.

The only nation in SA moving ahead with more than 8% growth, not bad given all the hurdle it faces.

Ya,

Hundreds of Indians die every day. Why make a fuss about Dawood Ibrahim or Ajmal Kasab, eh?

Every death is a tragedy, but it seems your compatriot A1Kaid doesn't understand it.

India double crossed Sri Lanka thanks to coalition politics. We have a bunch of idiots ruling this benighted country! Imbeciles who don't have the balls to face up to the West. And we call ourselves an emerging power!

We even ditched a country that's a fellow member of SAARC! That sucks to hell and high heaven! We pulled the rug from under their feet! WTF?

I won't be surprised if India is now treated as a pariah nation in South Asia. We ditched our own friend and neighbour! Jeeez! Can we be trusted by our neighbours in future? Simple answer: NO! The UPA should be sent packing post haste. They aren't fit to be members of even a village panchayat! Jeeez! :tdown:

India need to support its own people first instead of thinking about its SAARC mates. It had taken away Katchatheevu from TN and TN fishermen gets killed when they go near katchatheevu. India has not moved a single finger for them. India did not do a squat when Assam demographics changed fearing its SAARC mate. India did not do a squat when KAshmir pandits were thrown out of KAshmir again worried about their buddies in gulf. If coalition politics forces India's hand, so be it.

I see sri lanka growing once agiain at break neck speed.

The only nation in SA moving ahead with more than 8% growth, not bad given all the hurdle it faces.

Singapore could have been another Singapore in the 70s itself, if not for their misguided foreign policies which they are still pursuing today.

No offence buddy, but SAARC can go and screw themselves.

Back
Top Bottom