What's new

Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis

Iam sure pakistan is working on making jihadi camps in sri lanka to send them from our south side since we have tight eye on nepal border and crossing LoC is inviting death.

Rather than calling him off topic, can you actually give a counter argue to the points he raise?

That seems to be a bit too much to ask machun.. Like you said truth touched a raw nerve.. People like them believe in their Bollywood fantasies :lol:

Srilanka bans onspot visa for Pakistanis, how exactly are Pakistanis ok with that? It is not of importance whether getting visa will be difficult but the fact that Pakistan is targeted alone and whats even more troubling is that from government to average joe, everyone seems ok with that.

If Srilanka had a problem, it should have had shared that with Pakistan rather than banning us altogether. May we remind them who supported them in their war with the tamils?

This is fantastic news.

Now we need to make sure that Nepal also stops giving visa free/visa-on-arrival to Pakistani citizens.

These two - Sri Lanka and Nepal - stopping such access to Pakistan, would go a long way to ensure India's security.
So after looking towards Israel, now the micro power needs two other smaller neighbours to ensure it's own security.....Bravo.

Srilanka bans onspot visa for Pakistanis, how exactly are Pakistanis ok with that? It is not of importance whether getting visa will be difficult but the fact that Pakistan is targeted alone and whats even more troubling is that from government to average joe, everyone seems ok with that.

If Srilanka had a problem, it should have had shared that with Pakistan rather than banning us altogether. May we remind them who supported them in their war with the tamils?

read it again. where has SL banned Pakistanis from entering SL? It is the visa on arrival that is been removed. Any pakistani can come to SL like any other national.
I think this visa on arrival to south asians including both india and pakistan were given after war and it did not prevail before. And visa on arrival has been scrapped for Indians like 2 years ago. Pakistanis have had a longer run. Actually gover just scrapped a system they introduced recently.

And do u really fall in the trap set by indians here?

With due respect.. Dont have brain farts likes some of these over eager Indian's do.. Research and read a bit on the subject before making ad hoc comments.. This has been discussed in detail

On arrival visas suspended for others too

read it again. where has SL banned Pakistanis from entering SL? It is the visa on arrival that is been removed. Any pakistani can come to SL like any other national.
I think this visa on arrival to south asians including both india and pakistan were given after war and it did not prevail before. And visa on arrival has been scrapped for Indians like 2 years ago. Pakistanis have had a longer run. Actually gover just scrapped a system they introduced recently.

And do u really fall in the trap set by indians here?

My point is first the on spot visa ban, after that more visa regulations will be implemented and so on. I am not here to criticize Srilanka but GOP in general and also people who does not see the implications of this in the longer run. Why are Pakistanis the subject of scrutiny worldwide and we dont see the problem in that. I am not saying we are perfect not by a long short but that does not mean that we stop objecting to almost any and everything.

With due respect.. Dont have brain farts likes some of these over eager Indian's do.. Research and read a bit on the subject before making ad hoc comments.. This has been discussed in detail

On arrival visas suspended for others too

I already have and like I said if there was a problem, it could had be shared and conveyed to another supposedly friendly country to come to a possible solution and avoid.
Banning on spot does not help in my opinion.

I already have and like I said if there was a problem, it could had be shared and conveyed to another supposedly friendly country to come to a possible solution and avoid.

Neither is mine.. If you go through my comments you will see that.. Much to the irritation of some posters here.. And they are trying to portray this as something it is clearly not.. Just be aware of that

Plus SL govt would not do anything harmful to time tested PAK relationship.. Decisions of this nature would not have made without the consultation of PAK authorities

Neither is mine.. If you go through my comments you will see that.. But certain Indians are trying to portray this as something it is clearly not.. Just be aware of that

Plus SL govt would not do anything harmful to time tested PAK relationship.. Decisions of this nature would not have made without the consultation of PAK authorities

Indians are trying to portray as an achievement of Modi and Srilanka giving in to Indian demands by banning Pakistanis. I am aware of this.

My point is first the on spot visa ban, after that more visa regulations will be implemented and so on. I am not here to criticize India but GOP in general and also people who does not see the implications of this in the longer run. Why are Pakistanis the subject of scrutiny worldwide and we dont see the problem in that. I am not saying we are perfect not by a long short but that does not mean that we stop objecting to almost any and everything.

How does cancelling on arrival visa suggests there would be further visa regulations? Ask indians if they had faced such regulations. Your point that only pakistan was targetted is wrong as indians too were removed from on arrival visa before this.

The biggest reason on arrival visa for pakistanis was scrapped is because of refugee influx, i personally think that is a stupid thing. But in SL, where refugees are staying, local people do not like refugee influx.
And the other is, we all know south asia is a hub in drug lords. If you read a newspaper in SL at least once a week we will read a news item about a drug smuggling either from pakistan, india or dubai. The on arrival visa system which was to attract honest tourists from india and pakistan was exploited by drug dealers. So SL has no other option than cancelling visa on arrival.

remember in this part of the world there are alot of people who misuse the system. This is to prevent such a case.

"Why are Pakistanis the subject of scrutiny worldwide and we dont see the problem in that."

Well if the rest of the world subject pakistani nationals to scrutiny, then you should look inwards and find the reason for that. I am not complaining or giving excuses, just some friendly advice because even us SLns are subject to scrutiny in different countries and face trouble in foreign airports thanks to our fellow citizens who have migrated to these countries illegaly and of course our LTTE brethren who forge credit cards and done many financial frauds with the Sri Lankan name on them. As i tell my fellow countrymen, look inwards and see why others doing it.

"it could had be shared and conveyed to another supposedly friendly country to come to a possible solution and avoid."

How do you know whether the two governments did not discuss it?

Indians are trying to portray as an achievement of Modi and Srilanka giving in to Indian demands by banning Pakistanis. I am aware of this.

So u accept indian's explaination over ours on our decision?

As I have said earlier. India has geo-political compulsions to keep SL "happy". Does not indicate our acceptance of these murderers.
yeah and geo political compulsions made you create the murderers in other words LTTE ...what does that say about u?

okay. ToI has also just lied then as per you.

Dont try to create unneccesary issues here as many SLns have stated this is mostly related to refugee case.

Sri Lanka on itself is becoming more and more anti-Islamic so a mere gentle nudge from India would have been enough to wean them away from involvement in still evolving new terrorism architecture of Pakistan.

I am hoping for similar steps from Maldives regarding terrorism in future as tourism is their sole source income , which could get disrupted in no time if terrorism given a chance.I hope they take cue from Pakistan.

SL is not anti islamic

India did not airdrop any weapons, pls stop reading pakistani wikileaks.

And it does not take a bright mind to know that if india wanted to militarily intervene to help LTTE, the result would have been obvious. Yet you fail to see it.

Thirdly, and I say this seriously, pakistanis must introspect about the issue of terrorism. Get out of the mentality to look at this issue as an irritant to India and think of it as a major issue for development and progress of Pakistan. When even your friends tell you something, listen.

To correct your views, india did help LTTE initially and dropped weapons and food though soon after they understood the folly in it.

Last edited:
How does cancelling on arrival visa suggests there would be further visa regulations? Ask indians if they had faced such regulations. Your point that only pakistan was targetted is wrong as indians too were removed from on arrival visa before this.

The biggest reason on arrival visa for pakistanis was scrapped is because of refugee influx, i personally think that is a stupid thing. But in SL, where refugees are staying, local people do not like refugee influx.
And the other is, we all know south asia is a hub in drug lords. If you read a newspaper in SL at least once a week we will read a news item about a drug smuggling either from pakistan, india or dubai. The on arrival visa system which was to attract honest tourists from india and pakistan was exploited by drug dealers. So SL has no other option than cancelling visa on arrival.

remember in this part of the world there are alot of people who misuse the system. This is to prevent such a case.

I was speaking from a Pakistanis POV. I have cleared it in my previous post that i am not criticizing Srilankan decision but rather our own for

1) not realizing the problem and not coming up with a solution acceptable to both nations
and
2) not raising an objection on the decision made by Srilankan government.

"Why are Pakistanis the subject of scrutiny worldwide and we dont see the problem in that."
Well if the rest of the world subject Pakistani nationals to scrutiny, then you should look inwards and find the reason for that. I am not complaining or giving excuses, just some friendly advice because even us SLns are subject to scrutiny in different countries and face trouble in foreign airports thanks to our fellow citizens who have migrated to these countries illegally and of course our LTTE brethren who forge credit cards and done many financial frauds with the Sri Lankan name on them. As i tell my fellow countrymen, look inwards and see why others doing it.

Yes we are certainly not the best nation in the world and also of introspection is required but in most cases, its because we never really object where as other countries like India make sure that their concerns are not only heard but also adhered too. In our case we never even bother to raise concerns.

"it could had be shared and conveyed to another supposedly friendly country to come to a possible solution and avoid."
How do you know whether the two governments did not discuss it?

If so please show me like you have showed everything else. If not than its merely your opinion against mine. But speaking for myself, the spokesperson said is not aware neither any statement is made after this.

So u accept indian's explaination over ours on our decision?

Where did i imply this? I was only telling Gibbs that i am aware of what he is trying to warn me off.

Jaw dropping wisdom. So pakistan plans to stop terrorists escaping by requesting 200 countries to screen their visas instead of pakistani immigration control stopping them IN pakistan? Sounds like a plan LOL!
Actually he is partly correct. As Azizam said this is mainly to stop pakistani christian refugees coming to SL. Once pakistani nationals come to SL asking for refugee SL cannot deport them back due to humanitarian grounds, but pakistani officials ask SL to deport them as they are wanted by them. So SL faces a dilemma whether to let the refugee stay in Sl or whetehr to deport him/her....
So SL is stoping this to avoid such a scenario. I can give examples if you want.

There are other internal factors as well.

Yup bro, we drop the food and relief thing in Jaffana, when they Sri Lankan govt. create a blockade there, before the Indian intervention.

Operation Poomalai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually there was no blockade and a bad humanitarian situation. The only reason was India wanted to stop SLA offensive against LTTE

When Indian minorities (or terrorists, depending on which story you believe) run to sri lanka using the visa free travel requirement, I will join in with that hearty yet delusional laughter.
there is something called Google, use it :)

Where's the rebuttal from SL if it's not true? - Foreign office raised concerns about SL becoming a conduit to terrorists targeting India, plus there was a multi country investigation - plus SL itself investigated the matte further, that is a fact.

Of course Sl will investigate any terrorist cells in SL and we have given assurance to India that we will not allow anti indian acts in SL. That does not mean we are against Pak or under indian hegemony. But we look for a stable south asia.

Even friendly nations showing pakistan door... they may take some pride out of it.. :lol:
How is it showing door to pakistan? In your logic we have shown door to india like 2 years ago

Last edited:
Wrong decision.. There are way more Indian overstayers and illegal immigrants than Pakistani's.. And most Pakistani's seeking asylum are religious minorities Christians and Ahmeddi's.. Unfortunately SL is not a signatory to UNHCR

You are absolutely correct. Most of these asylum seekers are religious and ethnic minorities fleeing Pakistan. The idea that these asylum seekers are moving there to target India is stupid and alarmists, as these people are fleeing the Sunni Jihadists themselves.

a billion indians vs 180 million pakistanis lol.
being out numbered by over a billion i think we are doing pretty good.
you should shoot yourself in the head for not taking over pakistan even after you people out number us by a billion

We outnumber like 200 countries by a billion. Whats with this weird comment about taking over those countries?

And why would anyone in their right mind take over pakistan, when even their best friends want extra precautions against pakistanis???

@Saradiel no india did not airdrop weapons.

Back
Top Bottom