What's new

Sri Lanka becomes first country in South Asia to roll out 4G mobile network

Well man do you have an idea whats Wimax technology means?

go first learn about it otherwise STFU

WIMAX works with 2G too.

Fixed WiMAX is also considered as a wireless backhaul technology for 2G, 3G, and 4G networks in both developed and developing nations

WiMAX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is a 3G list of countries where Pakistan is missing big time, and you are talking about 4G.

3G Cellular Networks Country List - Find 3G Mobile Operators & Carriers in Africa,Europe,Canada,USA,Asia,Latin America and the Carribean

WIMAX works with 2G too.

WiMAX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is a 3G list of countries where Pakistan is missing big time, and you are talking about 4G.

3G Cellular Networks Country List - Find 3G Mobile Operators & Carriers in Africa,Europe,Canada,USA,Asia,Latin America and the Carribean

Wimax it self is 4G technology, like in pakistan we have Evo devices by ptcl.

its $G mixing with 2.5G. but infact what m trying to say is
wimax is 4G technology what ever case its using with.

here in paksitan it works independently it has its own connections no link with 2G

Here is 3G we have

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=203&rp_id=144

Wimax it self is 4G technology, like in pakistan we have Evo devices by ptcl.

its $G mixing with 2.5G. but infact what m trying to say is
wimax is 4G technology what ever case its using with.

here in paksitan it works independently it has its own connections no link with 2G

So Pakistan is the only country in the world which graduated to 4G from 2G, skipping 3G entirely?

Because Pakistan does not have 3G:

Cellular operators ready to launch 3G Technology in Pakistan

Al most four out of five operations have upgraded their networks on 3G technology in major cities of Pakistan for launching high speed data telephony services to their customers by next year.

It means Pakistan would get it by NEXT YEAR.
And that is 3G.

For 4G, abhi dili dur hai....

Pakistan is the only country in the South Asian region not to have tasted the wonders of 3G mobile services. Twice this year alone, the process of bringing 3G mobile services to Pakistan had to be aborted prematurely. Incompetence and vested interest both have been at play. This alone is costing us roughly 68 million rupees every day in opportunity cost.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/469227/bringing-3g-to-a-city-near-you/

how much fast 4G is compared to 3G(and how much costly)?

Cheap in Sri Lanka, expensive in Cuba :D

Broadband-price-worldwide.jpg

Broadband prices vary extremely across the world

I think its costly in Cuba due to US sanctions

You guys need to understand the difference between wimax / 4g and 4g LTE.....what we have is cdma based 4g not the lte, because lte is edge based

You guys need to understand the difference between wimax / 4g and 4g LTE.....what we have is cdma based 4g not the lte, because lte is edge based

Read from Tribune.pk, Pakistan is yet to roll its 3G.
Scroll back.

If Pakistan has 4G, why are people flocking for 3G?

Where is a 4G auction by GOP?

The GOP has not auctioned 3G yet, and you are talking about 4G?

Read from Tribune.pk, Pakistan is yet to roll its 3G.
Scroll back.

As i said you need to find the difference between cdma and lte......we have cdma /wimax not the Lte, i have read tribune and i know we dont have 3g, but we have cdma,/not wcdma.....go read your stuff first my dear

how much fast 4G is compared to 3G(and how much costly)?

There isn't huge difference between 3G and 4G prices
4G LTE fixed-lines (home zone)- 1400 LKR + tax per month (25GB and after that they reduce the speed)

(1400LKR = 599.54 INR)

There isn't huge difference between 3G and 4G prices
4G LTE fixed-lines (home zone)- 1400 LKR + tax per month (25GB and after they they reduce the speed)

That a cool offer , I mean cheap and decent . In India Airtel ******* loots you . Thank god we also have reliance........phew

We have Indian Airtel, it seems they have given up 4G in SL so they will face difficulties to play with other 3 main 4G LTE networks in SL.

****** Airtel gives a miss to 4G spectrum bid in Sri Lanka

I used to be an above average company in its days way back early in the market . However now its ******* become a company run by some hollow minded assholes .
Btw mate I am curious to know the percentage share Airtel grabs in Lanka ? Do you have any info broda

I used to be an above average company in its days way back early in the market . However now its ******* become a company run by some hollow minded assholes .
Btw mate I am curious to know the percentage share Airtel grabs in Lanka ? Do you have any info broda

Airtel is 4th :D

1pbdD6h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom