What's new

Sri Lanka becomes first country in South Asia to roll out 4G mobile network

so 2G * 2G = 4G. what about 176000 crore, will that become 352000 crore scam>?

Pakistan was one of the first ones in the world to launch 4G wimax technology that's by Wateen in pakistan on test basis now its fully operation :)

"Wateen Telecom[54] began its operations in Pakistan in 2007, with the deployment of the largest fiber optic network in the country. Moreover, Wateen is the world’s first company to commercially roll out a WiMAX network on a nationwide scale. Wateen currently services over 250,000 WiMAX subscribers, provides enterprise solutions and data services to over 200 leading organizations and its wired (HFC/GPON) network reaches over 15,000 households in Lahore and Multan"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deployed_WiMAX_networks

Mee too In Pune but the OP is right . In India it is not Countrywide .

Sri lanka is small, a tear drop of India, whereas India has more geography coverage of G4.

In India, BSNL has launched India's first 4G service 4G WIMAX Broadband Services In Kochi Kerala on 4th June 2011

Congrats.in india, it has been launched in a few states..

Sri lanka is small, a tear drop of India, whereas India has more geography coverage of G4.

In India, BSNL has launched India's first 4G service 4G WIMAX Broadband Services In Kochi Kerala on 4th June 2011

4G Wimax is a different technology than 4G LTE. Actually 2 mobile operators of Sri Lanka has introduced 4G LTE in 2011 as a pilot project for limited areas in Colombo. We have 4G LTE at this moment but it's fixed BB lines.

damn i only have 3 mpbs, on lucky days i have 5-6 mbps

damn i only have 3 mpbs, on lucky days i have 5-6 mbps

It is easy to get 8Mbps BB lines for home users in Sri Lanka. Actual speed is around 7Mbps mostly but upload speed of most of users are less than 1Mbps.
Only 4G LTE fixed BB lines have good uploading speed.
2607694546.png

It is easy to get 8Mbps BB lines for home users in Sri Lanka. Actual speed is around 7Mbps mostly but upload speed of most of users are less than 1Mbps.
Only 4G LTE fixed BB lines have good uploading speed.
2607694546.png

It says you're in Bangalore?

Bingo, you just choose the shithead. Samsung is garbage product. Try Sony, Panisonic or Huawei.
i dont know for what reason u said samsung was garbage,but here in india samsung provides the best value for money product when it comes to mobile phones

Congratulations to all Srilankans...:azn:
also pray for us to atleast introduce 3G soon...:cry:

Pakistan was one of the first ones in the world to launch 4G wimax technology that's by Wateen in pakistan on test basis now its fully operation :)

"Wateen Telecom[54] began its operations in Pakistan in 2007, with the deployment of the largest fiber optic network in the country. Moreover, Wateen is the world’s first company to commercially roll out a WiMAX network on a nationwide scale. Wateen currently services over 250,000 WiMAX subscribers, provides enterprise solutions and data services to over 200 leading organizations and its wired (HFC/GPON) network reaches over 15,000 households in Lahore and Multan"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deployed_WiMAX_networks

Its not 4G man...

US got it in 2008, and you are saying Pakistan had it since 2007?

In the U.S., Sprint Nextel has deployed Mobile WiMAX networks since 2008

Here is your Pakistani brother:

Here is wateen.com, nothing says about 3G 0r 4G.

Broadband Internet, Enterprise Solutions, Voice & Multimedia | About

Back
Top Bottom