What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

my friend i have total sympathy with your predicament. sometimes it's becomes necessary to open up your mind & look within instead of relying on conspiracy theories to keep self esteem intact.

The lahore attacks were an externel job so keep it out. That's not a conspiracy...:disagree:

Guys dont get too defensive :) I too like cricket but let's face it our players are crooked we need players who can win every match :).Hang all the players who are into match fixing :pakistan:

Guys dont get too defensive :) I too like cricket but let's face it our players are crooked we need players who can win every match :).Hang all the players who are into match fixing :pakistan:

well yes, if they are guilty - they should be penalized and banned from cricket for good

Well i may be wrong, but there is something really fishy about this whole story.

Things don't seem to be in order.

yes its a conspiracy against Pakistan but Pakistani cricketers gave helping hand :what:

yes its a conspiracy against Pakistan but Pakistani cricketers gave helping hand :what:

How do you know those No balls were deliberate???
Specially Asif's one? It was really a marginal and I don't think any bowler can do this with such an accuracy!

As far as Amir's one is concerned, I have seen many like this in our club cricket! Even during pratice session we use to bowl without keeping crease in mind. I Know it is not good practice but it is reality. No one cares about no balls during net pratice and this becomes habbit.

Having said that, I must say that if they are guilty they should be penalised but unless and untill they are proved guilty they are innocent and atleast we Pakistanis should give them moral support. They are our people.

Just imagine, if they come out out of it clean! What will they think of Pakistan nation, who just wanted them to be kicked out of Pakistan? How will we as a nation be able to face them?

They are our Stars (from whom world is envious of) and I support them.

Scotland Yard has cleared Kamran Akmal of all charges

rest will be grilled

Asif, Aamer, Butt stopped from practice
Updated at: 1849 PST, Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Asif, Aamer, Butt stopped from practice TAUNTON: Pakistan cricket team management present in England stopped three players - Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer and Salman Butt – from taking part in practice and they are being sent to London.

Sources said that Pakistan high commissioner in England Wajid Shamsul Hasan has summoned these three players to London where they are also expected to meet with wellknown lawyer Elizabeth Robert.

All three players have been charged for match-fixing.

As per sources, replacements of these three players may be announced but the accused players cannot go outside England until the investigations are completed.

Meanwhile, an important meeting is going on between Waqar Younis, Shafqat Rana and Ijaz Ahmed.

Asif, Aamer, Butt stopped from practice - GEO.tv

Scotland Yard clears Akmal off fixing charges - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Now there's a bloody good sign... I don't understand why the secrecy on the 7th player now? Why hasn't his name come forward? Is there even a 7th guy or its just bad media speculation?

Kamran Akmal cleared. Best thing for Pakistan would be that justice is served, whether our guys are guilty or not.

NEW DELHI: In a new twist to the 'spot-fixing' scandal, Scotland Yard in London cleared Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal off any match-fixing charges alleged against him.

Akmal was not called by the UK police for the second round of interrogation where his other three tainted teammate -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif - were called for questioning.

Akmal was among the four players allegedly accused of spot-fixing in the fourth Test against England at Lord's.

Earlier, former Australian wicketkeeper Ian Healy has declared Akmal completely innocent of match-fixing despite his butter-gloved display in the Sydney Test in January this year.

Seven Pakistani players are being investigated by Scotland Yard detectives on allegations of deliberating delivering three no-balls during the team's fourth and final Test against England, which Pakistan lost on Sunday.

Scotland Yard has cleared Kamran Akmal of all charges

rest will be grilled

unlikely........... I am yet to see any concrete evidence based on which the Jury will verdict against these players. I think they will get away with it..... if no further evidences are presented before the court

Well,to say the least,its shocking to see some Pakistani's denying their team being involved in match fixing.
There have been protests in Pakistan as well,its just to save Pakistan Team's drowning respect,that they are neglecting the truth and being ignorant.

Pakistani members here are standing against the entire world,world knows the truth!
*Why were the Pakistani cricket team members,shying away hiding their faces in their coach*?

What is the real truth? did you know it? Wait before doing your BS comments against Pakistani team and forum members here....and who you are trying to call ignorant?

We are just waiting for the justice to be done...if they are really guilty then we will punish them and if they are innocent then the world must apologize with them and we want justice in any case. It's not the world who decides what is right & what is wrong just leave it to the court! And remind it the world is not composed by india or england only!:disagree:

No one can Ban Aamir !!

He will Play InshahALLAH .He is the rising star of Pakistan.

We Support them All !!

Differance in reaction of 2 differant Pakistani skippers illustrates the truth.

Inzamam-ul-Haq refused to let Pakistan play on after accusations of ball-tampering.

Whereas Salman Butt is unable to convince anyone, he looks nervous, rusty and dare I say he came across as a guilty man.

Asif's ex girl friend veenas remarks.........

She said that asif told her that " Pakistan will not win any series till 2011"

"She has also claimed that an Indian bookie is involved as well" why am i not surprised :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Differance in reaction of 2 differant Pakistani skippers illustrates the truth.

Inzamam-ul-Haq refused to let Pakistan play on after accusations of ball-tampering.

Whereas Salman Butt is unable to convince anyone, he looks nervous, rusty.
Inzamam is a world great. When he twitches the world listens. Salman Butt cannot command the same respect.

It's good that he doesn't even try, although the PCB in itself is responsible to guide them and take more tougher stances, given that no evidence has been laid out against them yet.

Back
Top Bottom