What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

To be Honest,
I think Pakistani players are being framed.

looking at the track record, NOTW is not a reliable news agency, they are scandals hungry.

The video has been made after the test match.
No bokkie will allow himself to be tapped.

Scortland yard is investigating it, like asim said, if the currency found in Salman Butt's room was the same NOTB agent gave to Mazhar Majeed then its a classic clear cut case, get a warrant arrest Salman Butt.
Interrogate him and get all other culprits.
They already have Mazhar Majeed.
Case Solved

Dont know what are they waiting for, how much time it takes to match the serials?

Dont get confused, dont loose hope, your enemy is counting on it,
Be brave and stand for what you believe.

:pakistan:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

my friend i have total sympathy with your predicament. sometimes it's becomes necessary to open up your mind & look within instead of relying on conspiracy theories to keep self esteem intact.

No need to be confused accept the reality we are our worse enemies.

As a true Pakistani i can't make myself belive that we are the saints. I know the level of corruption in our country, inside and outside the PCB. I know the fact that our players come from remote villages with under developed ethics and most of these players want to be in team for fame, women and of course the money.

I just can't digest that someone could fall down ro such standards where they literally sell the pride of the nation. Why we blame our aid begging politicians. Every corner of state governed institution is corrupt to the core.

Other thing is all the conspiracy theories that renewed my hopes.

I just believe that culprits should be punished. However, in this entire saga everyone have their own point scoring to do. Veena malik giving statements out of her troubled relationship with Asif, Dareel hair comes in with his own absurd allegations.

I hope at the end of the day justise is served even it means Pakistan loosing its entire cricket talent forever.

Last edited:
To be Honest,
I think Pakistani players are being framed.

looking at the track record, NOTW is not a reliable news agency, they are scandals hungry.

The video has been made after the test match.
No bokkie will allow himself to be tapped.

Scortland yard is investigating it, like asim said, if the currency found in Salman Butt's room was the same NOTB agent gave to Mazhar Majeed then its a classic clear cut case, get a warrant arrest Salman Butt.
Interrogate him and get all other culprits.
They already have Mazhar Majeed.
Case Solved

Dont know what are they waiting for, how much time it takes to match the serials?

May be the serials did not match? Or they want to be absolutely sure before making a move. Arresting pak players in UK is no piece of cake. They need to have absolute undeniable evidence to make the arrests. Recent reports show that they have found more evidence implicating pak players. They are also waiting for ICC's own report. Also they want Pak's FIA to get involved. Any move to arrest pak players will have consent of FIA, PCB, ICC, ECB and British Government itself.

MM is released on bail and why this has not been the front page news on the NOTW website?

Thats the only reason I don't watch this game. Only interested in soccer.

breaking news!! just heard from one of the news channels that it was from salman butt's room they recovered 50k pounds. if the numbers on these notes matches the one on those given by NOTW, then i'm sure this case is nailed.
also there is gonna b an official announcement by pcb later this afternoon confirming the withdrawel of four players from the current tour. for pcb to go ahead and do this only confirms the fact that there is a strong case these plyaers need to answer!!

What! Are you kidding me?
Do you mean money has been recovered after so many day from same room? Was Salman Butt so stupid to keep them in his room even after such a big conspiracy?
And why that money was not found in first raid of Scotland Yard?

You media claim just look like another sensational story as they use to do in 2007 worldcup. They even proved Pakistani player murderers! And after that not even one Media agency apologised Pakistan Cricket Players.

The mafia is very real. You cannot deny that.

Akmals, Salman Butt, Asif, Amir, Wahab, Amin, Malik, etc. If you notice, these guys played for Pakistan consistently despite some of them playing like **** (akmal, Amin and Malik, for instance). Zulqarnain was sent back based on a dubious injury. YK was not played. These guys run a mafia and only want players who are in their mafia to play.

What! Are you kidding me?
Do you mean money has been recovered after so many day from same room? Was Salman Butt so stupid to keep them in his room even after such a big conspiracy?
And why that money was not found in first raid of Scotland Yard?

You media claim just look like another sensational story as they use to do in 2007 worldcup. They even proved Pakistani player murderers! And after that not even one Media agency apologised Pakistan Cricket Players.

i think you should read my post once again with bit more patience!! may be some of your questions will be answered without me having to repeat myself.
with regard to media claim, i'm only fond of media reports as much as you are. let's wait and see what the final out come is going to be? till then we all, including you will be relying on media irrespective of wether it's left, right or centre!!

Now on news here..Asif has been kicked out from the malayalam movie because of the scandal ..too bad i was eagerly waiting to watch the movie were a Pakistani speaks malayalam :cry:

Now on news here..Asif has been kicked out from the malayalam movie because of the scandal ..too bad i was eagerly waiting to watch the movie were a Pakistani speaks malayalam :cry:
Now there's a true casualty of these allegations...

'Insufficient evidence' against Majeed, fears UK anti-corruption chief

"I don't think [the case] has any evidence at all," said Parry. "Unless the News of the World placed a bet - which would be highly unlikely because in so doing they would have carried out a criminal act - then there doesn't appear to be any betting activity at all associated with these particular allegations. It places the ball, to pardon the pun, squarely back into the hands of the cricket authorities."

Read full news

'Insufficient evidence' against Majeed, fears UK anti-corruption chief | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

As per News Channels here! Kamran Akmal is cleared from all charges related to Lords Test.

Scotland Yard clears Akmal off fixing charges
TNN, Aug 31, 2010, 07.22pm IST

In a new twist to the 'spot-fixing' scandal, Scotland Yard in London cleared Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal off any match-fixing charges alleged against him.

Akmal was not called by the UK police for the second round of interrogation where his other three tainted teammate -- Salman Butt, Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif - were called for questioning.

Akmal was among the four players allegedly accused of spot-fixing in the fourth Test against England at Lord's.

Earlier, former Australian wicketkeeper Ian Healy has declared Akmal completely innocent of match-fixing despite his butter-gloved display in the Sydney Test in January this year.

Seven Pakistani players are being investigated by Scotland Yard detectives on allegations of deliberating delivering three no-balls during the team's fourth and final Test against England, which Pakistan lost on Sunday.

Scotland Yard clears Akmal off fixing charges - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

Pak cricketers just want money, women, food: Bookie

LONDON: A lot of Pakistani cricketers are "just looking for money, women and food" and very few of them have any love for the game, claims the bookie arrested for alleged 'spot-fixing' in the England-Pakistan Test.

Mazhar Majeed, the bookie who has made sensational claims of bribing Pakistani cricketers for bowling no balls in a sting operation by a British tabloid, claimed a lot of players were only bothered about money.

"You'll find there's only a few players who are genuine and who are actually here for the love of the game, and there's not many believe me. A lot of them are just looking for money, women and food," Majeed has been quoted as saying in the video tapes of the sting released by 'The News of the World'.

"How much they're getting paid is a joke. I came from a football background and I can see the difference in football and cricket. It's huge.

Majeed claimed cheating was not confined to match-fixing alone and that ball tampering had also become regular in the Pakistan team.

"I used to go out on the pitch to give the players their drinks. Whenever we couldn't get a wicket I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand. Shake their hand.

"They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging," he said.

Majeed revealed that he wanted Salman Butt to continue as captain for long as possible.

"I give out the information the night before or morning. What's going to happen at the end of the fourth day. But now we are not going to do any results for the next two games because we want Salman Butt to be captain long term," Majeed stated.

Pak cricketers just want money, women, food: Bookie - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

All the players of the world love money, women and food....so whats new?! for sure there is huge diffrence between how much a cricket player earns and how much a football player....but with all those money football players still do match fixing too! never heared about all this? just google and read about the bigest scandal of football history in Italy the country which spends more then anyone else in the world in the football game!

And the claims about ball tempering and vaseline...that's really funny....so all the pakistani bowlers used vesiline to swing the bowl bcz they don't know how to swing it? come on this is really crap...total BS, the same old propaganda against Pakistan. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom