What's new

Special Thanks to AfrazulMandal

Kudos to you. That is much more sensible than worshipping an animal or rats or monkeys and what not.
This is the very reason I said- Religion is personal- No one has the right to look down on each others belief structure- Like worshiping animal or rats or monkeys or worshiping a non existence person called God (Just believing a messenger of his existence) and what not- No.

@ChennaiDude Sir,

It's okay if this guy has grievances about Babri Masjid demolition but why should he complain about Indian control of Kashmir and call it 'occupation'?

- PRTP GWD
Yes- Kashmir is under occupation and its not by India!

Why dont you speak to me directly?

If it is not occupation, what is it?

Why not do a referendum if you are sure about it's allegience?
@ Afrazul- The criteria for referendum has not been met- The referendum has to be done for the whole od Kashmir as well- Now if thats not possible the referendum is not possible-Now what if every state starts asking for referendum then what?

This is the very reason I said- Religion is personal- No one has the right to look down on each others belief structure- Like worshiping animal or rats or monkeys or worshiping a non existence person called God (Just believing a messenger of his existence) and what not- No.
Mostly everyone in India will agree, religious Sunni muslims will not.

In fact, they'd have your head for it if they ever get their way.

Mostly everyone in India will agree, religious Sunni muslims will not.

In fact, they'd have your head for it if they ever get their way.
Every religion has its flaws-(Hindus-Caste/Christians-Protestants-Catholic/Muslims-Shia-Sunni)- Its not not for Hindus or Christians or Muslims, to take about other religions when they have yet to fix their flaws- No.

Every religion has its flaws-(Hindus-Caste/Christians-Protestants-Catholic/Muslims-Shia-Sunni)- Its not not for Hindus or Christians or Muslims, to take about other religions when they have yet to fix their flaws- No.
irreligious here, with a hint of bias :P

you're right, it is a mess in India.

you should stop looking at it through your simplistic yankee lens, that formula does not work here, the dynamics are too vastly different.

irreligious here, with a hint of bias :P

you're right, it is a mess in India.

you should stop looking at it through your simplistic yankee lens, that formula does not work here, the dynamics are too vastly different.
Create more well paying jobs-improve the standard of living-Improve the standard of education for the majority-etc, all this will go away - These are really achievable targets - The unachievable ones are religion related, take your pick.

Create more well paying jobs-improve the standard of living-Improve the standard of education for the majority-etc, all this will go away - These are really achievable targets - The unachievable ones are region related, take your pick.
I agree.

You must keep in mind though, that things like the UCC and NPR and demographic problems in Assam and the NE are not new. They've been talking about then for decades, these guys finally took action, but only after being handed a historic mandate last year.

La Faamiglia ka Rahul lost Amethi !!! <- a much bigger take away than anything else from the elections.

There has been considerable blowback as the BJP decided to ram through these controversial things this time around in their first year of governing post re election, it's quite telling of their strategy... PRB/A and UCC are coming soon too

and virus scare or no, anti CAA Islamist protests were dying down anyway... they lost the messaging (propaganda) war locally badly.

and they will lose badly again.

BJP is unstoppable next 10 - 12/15 years, there is no opposition !

When I was in Bombay - Stayed at a Hotel for 1 week-1992/93 I think- There was a Ind vs Pak match in Sharjah. I was shocked that even the people working there were cheering for Pakistan-Actually there was one guy who said he had put a lot of money on Pakistan to beat India in the last over.
You still call it Bombay?

- PRTP GWD

They're not that bad, relax.
I never said they were bad- When I left India-My city was called Madras- I have visited Chennai as recently as 2019 but not Bombay after 1993. I have friends who have moved from Chennai to Bomaby/Mumbai and have said great things about it and how its so much better than any city in India.

I never said they were bad- When I left India-My city was called Madras- I have visited Chennai as recently as 2019 but not Bombay after 1993. I have friends who have moved from Chennai to Bomaby/Mumbai and have said great things about it and how its so much better than any city in India.
You said that you are Telugu. How come you were based in Chennai? Was your father working there?

- PRTP GWD

You said that you are Telugu. How come you were based in Chennai? Was your father working there?

- PRTP GWD

The ex chief Ministers of TN- Karunanidhi-(Telugu)/Jayalalitha-(Kannidiga)- In fact Rajinikanth are now Tamilian by birth just like me (My dad born in Tiruchendur and Mother Bangalore-Both are Telugu)- Chennai is a mix of many languages, and I was born in Bangalore and my native is Chennai-I speak Tamil more fluenly than Telugu, that does not mean my mother toungue is not Telugu- No.

The ex chief Ministers of TN- Karunanidhi-(Telugu)/Jayalalitha-(Kannidiga)- In fact Rajinikanth are now Tamilian by birth just like me (My dad born in Tiruchendur and Mother Bangalore-Both are Telugu)- Chennai is a mix of many languages, and I was born in Bangalore and my native is Chennai-I speak Tamil more fluenly than Telugu, that does not mean my mother toungue is not Telugu- No.
Also to note here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madras_Presidency

Following the Montagu–Chelmsford Reforms of 1919, Madras was the first province of British India to implement a system of dyarchy, and thereafter its Governor ruled alongside a prime minister. In the early decades of the 20th century, many significant contributors to the Indian independence movement came from Madras. With the advent of Indian independence on 15 August 1947, the Presidency became the Madras Province. Madras was later admitted as Madras State, a state of the Indian Union at the inauguration of the Republic of India on 26 January 1950.

The Madras Presidency, or the Presidency of Fort St. George, and also known as Madras Province, was an administrative subdivision (presidency) of British India. At its greatest extent, the presidency included most of southern India, including the whole of the Indian states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, and parts of Odisha, Kerala, Karnataka and the union territory of Lakshadweep. The city of Madras was the winter capital of the Presidency and Ootacamund or Ooty, the summer capital. The Island of Ceylon was a part of Madras Presidency from 1793 to 1798 when it was created a Crown colony. Madras Presidency was neighboured by the Kingdom of Mysore on the northwest, Kingdom of Kochi on the southwest, and the Kingdom of Hyderabad on the north. Some parts of the presidency were also flanked by Bombay Presidency.

When will the ban on your other account @Nilu Pule will be lifted? :coffee:
Your investigative skills are extraordinary. I tried to so hard to avoid getting detected. But you Sir, you called my act out so early.

I hope ISI has hired you by now. If they have not, it's would prove to be their biggest loss.

The point was this. Most Hindus support UCC because they view it simply as a mechanism to cut another of the perceived benefits that Muslims in India enjoy, while ignoring the skeletons within their own closet.

If the existing laws were not perceived as a benefit for Muslims, Hindus would never be clamoring for a Uniform Civil Code. Own up to the reality.

We don't care. The issue is about government running temples. We want the wealth back or have a uniform civil code.

Absolutely- I love my Beef so does my family- So we have evolved from generation to generation.
My Mothers and Fathers sides were pure Vegetarians.

My theory why Beef was not allowed in Hinduism- (India/Indian Peninsula was an Agricultural country now most of the people were uneducated - How do you protect your livelihood-Agriculture- Cows/Ox were used for Milk and ploughing your land- During bad times-people will eat them to take care of hunger- So the elites/Brahmins threw a tale and put a religious twist to it- Calling Cow/OX a sacred animal- so there - Hope you get my jist.

Upanishads has Brahmins eating Beef- Its documented.
Upanishads is not some silly text to talk of good habits, lol

Back
Top Bottom