What's new

South Tibet (Arunachal Pradesh) is NOT an integral part of India

You don't want Aksai Chin?

Why then, does the Indian government claim it?

As for the other point, I believe that mutual understanding is certainly something that could be improved upon.
Hey Dragon, are you really ignorant of the reasons both countries are claiming some or the other land of each other?
The claims are all the bargaining assets and will be used on table.
No war is going to happen for AP or aksai chin and the issue of Tibet is mere an unsecurity in China's mind.

So if the people in arunachal pradesh look like chinese them that state belongs to china
they even look like japanese...

some large cities of china has japanese looking people because of some past events.. should japan claim them as own :flame:

1.The article describe Chinese mobility as a major factor and use of fast mobile groups known as fist units(something like that).
2.Another factor they site is lack of infra on Indian side and good infra on Chinese side.
3.Third the airlifting capabilities.

First point,i completely accept it.

Second point,yes India lacks infra,but somehow the article does not state how the lack of infra acting as a barrier for movement of Indian forces does not act as a barrier for invading Chinese forces.

Third point is also true,but the other factor is that the high presence of Indian military in the region due to lack of airlifting capability.

Their was also an article present on this forum something called Arunachal an impregnable fortress.

Well the capacity of Indian defense shown in both articles r somehow contrdiction

I think I can answer the second point. Yes PLA troops would encounter the same lack of infrastructure on the Indian side if they were advancing through it. First I think they are looking at it from a supply chain point of view. If order to supply the IA, the MSR must cope with few road and the PLA's MSR will enjoy the benefits of many roads, and now rail. Second AP is a longish area and its length lies along the Chinese border. The jump off point would be all along the border.

arunachal-pradesh-location.gif

The valley floors are definitely accessible to foot and maybe even vehicles.

I think I can answer the second point. Yes PLA troops would encounter the same lack of infrastructure on the Indian side if they were advancing through it. First I think they are looking at it from a supply chain point of view. If order to supply the IA, the MSR must cope with few road and the PLA's MSR will enjoy the benefits of many roads, and now rail. Second AP is a longish area and its length lies along the Chinese border. The jump off point would be all along the border.

The valley floors are definitely accessible to foot and maybe even vehicles.

well but according to some other reports,infra is not that bad,BRO is building 61 roads of a complete length of 3647 in Arunachal of which 556 is completed by September 2010.

The 3rd point which I discussed before,well i got some more exact points.Dimapur Corps now present as a full fledged offensive corps on China border(3 corps).

Rangia based 2 mountain division attached with Dimapur corps.

Service of 41 divison in case of emergency.

Two mountain division 41 and 56 raised now.

In addition r sukhna based 33 corps and tezpur based 4 corps.

All of them equiped with 155 mm guns,which can be heli lifted.

Advanced landing grounds at Tuting,Pasighta,Vijaynagar,along and mechuka for heli troops landing.

Now all this is complete contradiction with the other article which show arunachal as a defenseless ground.

@gpit
@CardSharp
@Chinese-Dragon
@tractor
@below freezing
..........I hope I have got everybody Chinese who has been partipating in this thread; E&OE please!

It was with some bemusement that I logged on after a fairly long day, and a horrible one due to a sore throat and a cold, and found 8 or 9 pages of short, sharp stabs at each other. Before proceeding further, you will understand that I wish to be sure of my ground.

gpit, I note with some appreciation, also some mild amusement which you will forgive considering that this thread is so poor at the moment in terms of information or thinking, that we have gained some 2 years in your eyes. From informing us at the outset that our administration of the area that we call Arunachal Pradesh and used to call NEFA was only as recent as 1962, you have allowed it to be known that the period might have been as much as 50 years from today, that is, 2010 - 50 = 1960. Or perhaps that is to be counted as rounding off error, I don't know. My questions for you before going on: Do you wish me to go on? All my free time today was on reading up the history of administration in Arunachal Pradesh, and I am ready to start putting words to paper sometime tomorrow afternoon. Is it worth it, or have you made up your mind, and is it that mere facts will not budge it from its conclusions? Secondly, I intend to cover the administrative arrangements in Arunachal Pradesh, with precise dates and precise events, and want to know: will this be of interest? In short, should I continue, or would you prefer to deal with my colleagues, each busy asserting that whatever happened in the past (what happened, btw? ;-)), India will hold Arunachal Pradesh today; bring on your rapid reaction troops and raise you ten; you are actually the subjects of the inhabitants of Inner Mongolia/ Tibet/ Manchukuo/ Japan; you have no right to Arunachal Pradesh because it is part of Tibet and you don't have a right to Tibet, and other such pretty ghastly stuff. But who knows, perhaps this is what titillates you and gives you clean, innocent fun? So please speak up now, and tell me if my attempts to put things on the basis of information are futile and unwanted; I will act on the hint.

CardSharp, it is clear that you are determined to make me eat my words and a bit of humble crow after that as a digestive. I sincerely appreciate the single-minded focus on facts and on information that you have displayed; in fact, the only two bits of information contributed to this thread are the mention of the 17 point agreement, and the mention of the IDS report. To you too, given the complexion and tone of the exchanges, my questions are similar to the questions I put to the thread originator: Should I go on? Will it make a difference (I am trying my best to be neutral and objective)? Will you continue to be pleasant and good-humoured, as all of you have been so far? And will you be kind to those who don't have the inclination to do any work before posting?

Chinese-Dragon, although I appreciate your participation, it is clear that you are consumed by amusement. That means you may not some random idiot spending all his free time in taking books out and reading up and posting, when such fair game abounds all around, when you only have to reach out to get your laughs. So should I go on? Did you get anything out of my mail?

tractor, you, too, are evidently having a good time. Do you find anything worthwhile in my posts (there is a lot of hard work that goes into each, so I really need to know that it's being read. And understood. And found useful. Do let me know.

below freezing, Do I go on, or is it a colossal waste of time? Please let me have your opinion.

To those Indians who are wrapped up in here, please be sure that the only thing that will impress our Chinese friends is solid and professional gathering and presentation of verifiable evidence. If you think you can help, I will be greatful.

Remember the Sankaracharya didn't bash his rivals in frontal attacks; instead they participated, one-on-one in an incredibly serious, civilised procedure.

Come take it then simple as that, just remember it aint 1962 anymore.

Cheers

What? Manchus took Mongolia too just like Tibet, go claim it.

We had revolutions against the Imperialist, just like you had revolutions against the Imperialist Manchu rulers and even fought the Imperialist Japanese. You people suffered from Imperialism to buddy. Why kick dirt in our face for?

So evidently India had forgotten about her sufferings at the hands of Imperial Colonialism in the past for 300+ years and in 1976 Sikkim was annexed in the name of national interest by military force.

@gpit
@CardSharp
@Chinese-Dragon
@tractor
@below freezing
..........I hope I have got everybody Chinese who has been partipating in this thread; E&OE please!

It was with some bemusement that I logged on after a fairly long day, and a horrible one due to a sore throat and a cold, and found 8 or 9 pages of short, sharp stabs at each other. Before proceeding further, you will understand that I wish to be sure of my ground.

gpit, I note with some appreciation, also some mild amusement which you will forgive considering that this thread is so poor at the moment in terms of information or thinking, that we have gained some 2 years in your eyes. From informing us at the outset that our administration of the area that we call Arunachal Pradesh and used to call NEFA was only as recent as 1962, you have allowed it to be known that the period might have been as much as 50 years from today, that is, 2010 - 50 = 1960. Or perhaps that is to be counted as rounding off error, I don't know. My questions for you before going on: Do you wish me to go on? All my free time today was on reading up the history of administration in Arunachal Pradesh, and I am ready to start putting words to paper sometime tomorrow afternoon. Is it worth it, or have you made up your mind, and is it that mere facts will not budge it from its conclusions? Secondly, I intend to cover the administrative arrangements in Arunachal Pradesh, with precise dates and precise events, and want to know: will this be of interest? In short, should I continue, or would you prefer to deal with my colleagues, each busy asserting that whatever happened in the past (what happened, btw? ;-)), India will hold Arunachal Pradesh today; bring on your rapid reaction troops and raise you ten; you are actually the subjects of the inhabitants of Inner Mongolia/ Tibet/ Manchukuo/ Japan; you have no right to Arunachal Pradesh because it is part of Tibet and you don't have a right to Tibet, and other such pretty ghastly stuff. But who knows, perhaps this is what titillates you and gives you clean, innocent fun? So please speak up now, and tell me if my attempts to put things on the basis of information are futile and unwanted; I will act on the hint.

CardSharp, it is clear that you are determined to make me eat my words and a bit of humble crow after that as a digestive. I sincerely appreciate the single-minded focus on facts and on information that you have displayed; in fact, the only two bits of information contributed to this thread are the mention of the 17 point agreement, and the mention of the IDS report. To you too, given the complexion and tone of the exchanges, my questions are similar to the questions I put to the thread originator: Should I go on? Will it make a difference (I am trying my best to be neutral and objective)? Will you continue to be pleasant and good-humoured, as all of you have been so far? And will you be kind to those who don't have the inclination to do any work before posting?

Chinese-Dragon, although I appreciate your participation, it is clear that you are consumed by amusement. That means you may not some random idiot spending all his free time in taking books out and reading up and posting, when such fair game abounds all around, when you only have to reach out to get your laughs. So should I go on? Did you get anything out of my mail?

tractor, you, too, are evidently having a good time. Do you find anything worthwhile in my posts (there is a lot of hard work that goes into each, so I really need to know that it's being read. And understood. And found useful. Do let me know.

below freezing, Do I go on, or is it a colossal waste of time? Please let me have your opinion.

To those Indians who are wrapped up in here, please be sure that the only thing that will impress our Chinese friends is solid and professional gathering and presentation of verifiable evidence. If you think you can help, I will be greatful.

Remember the Sankaracharya didn't bash his rivals in frontal attacks; instead they participated, one-on-one in an incredibly serious, civilised procedure.

Your posts contain too much information. I can't handle reading that much at once, makes my eyes tired. They seem well referenced though. I don't think this problem will be solved without either actual or implied military force.

Your posts contain too much information. I can't handle reading that much at once, makes my eyes tired. They seem well referenced though. I don't think this problem will be solved without either actual or implied military force.

He asking you if we/you/I/him should discuss this more or is this thread beyond saving.

I think.

1976 Sikkim was annexed in the name of national interest by military force.

Sikkim was annexed because people of sikkim wanted to. and its one of the most peaceful part of India . so sell ur goodies elsewhere :bunny:

Sikkim was annexed because people of sikkim wanted to

Uh huh. The same way that India has stationed 600,000 troops to 'convince' the people of Kashmir also...

http://www.nepalitimes.com/issue/35/Nation/9621

LD Kaji's Sikkim National Congress won an overwhelming majority in the 1974 elections, and within a year the cabinet passed a bill asking for the Chogyal's removal. The house sought a referendum, during which the decision was endorsed. "That was a charade," says KC Pradhan, who was then minister of agriculture. "The voting was directed by the Indian military."

India's "Chief Executive" in Gangtok wrote: "Sikkim's merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter, and played his cards better, it wouldn't have turned out the way it did."

what a stupid thread....:mod:......:pop:

Luckily for China, the leadership puts more stock in the words and deeds of India's policy makers than propaganda on internet forums.
Indian media provides a good gauge of the national mood and the politicians' real agenda.

Come take it then simple as that, just remember it aint 1962 anymore.

Cheers
You are right. It is not 1962 anymore! This time, China is far far more powerful. With our new PLAAF bases in Tibet, we'll rain destruction on New Delhi on day 1 of the war.
zlckex.jpg

Luckily for China, the leadership puts more stock in the words and deeds of India's policy makers than propaganda on internet forums.
Indian media provides a good gauge of the national mood and the politicians' real agenda.
It's clear to anyone that India needs to fuel aggression against its neighbors to distract from internal problems.

Back
Top Bottom