What's new

South Koreans react online to Japanese character traits demonstrated in hostage crisis

To @Nan Yang ,

Did I say that we Japanese do not cry? Of course we cry, we show emotions, as any other. We do that in private affairs, but when it comes to outward and public displays, we do not show that. It is hard for you to understand because you are not Japanese, you're a Malaysian. I would say that Northern Chinese and Koreans are most similar to us , to an extent. It is due to our genetic, cultural similarities.

That is what I mean. Hiding your emotion in private. Sharing with other helps. Japan is an island country so it has develop many unique culture. Japan is very different from the rest of North East Asians. Very different.

Alright. Back to the subject.
Japan is a very extetremely collectivistic country, one of the cores of Bushido/武士道 is obey that individuality must obey collectivity, and that sacrifice self to maintain entirety. No doubt every east asian country has the character over this point .But i think Japan is most collectivistic in east asia’s.

Japan is a very extetremely collectivistic country, one of the cores of Bushido/武士道 is obey that individuality must obey collectivity, and that sacrifice self to maintain entirety. No doubt every east asian country has the character over this point .But i think Japan is most collectivistic in east asia’s.

Only Northeast Asians can understand this concept of 武士道 , foreigners cannot comprehend the importance this has in Northeast Asian civilizations and culture. And yes, Japan places great emphasis on this , but this concept is imbedded in Chinese and Korean civilization(s) as well.

i'm overgeneralizing here, but this is interesting.

Chinese (East Asian) world view:
00239869.jpg

European world view:
upload_2015-2-9_12-39-3.png

note the size of people.

Only Northeast Asians can understand this concept of 武士道 , foreigners cannot comprehend the importance this has in Northeast Asian civilizations and culture. And yes, Japan places great emphasis on this , but this concept is imbedded in Chinese and Korean civilization(s) as well.
Just that it has different kinds of statements about collectivisitc spirit,Japan calls it 武士道 and China's 理学 in song dynasty includes explaining for this respect ,but their core is similar. just Japan's 武士道 is a little extreme by some Japanese武士 in ancient times.:)

You guys borrowed it from China. Unfortunately China today ditch their good things.

You guys borrowed it from China. Unfortunately China today ditch their good things.

Japanese people originated from China, specifically from present day Zhejiang region of China. We have genetic, cultural, linguistic relations with Chinese. So , we share in the achievements of Ancient China, by the shear fact that Japanese are a product of Chinese settlers into present day Japan some 3 millenia ago. Japanese are Japanese, but our ancestors are kin to the ancestors of ancient Zhejiangese.

Very beautiful. The same is similar in Japanese ink painting of the past. The individual is never the emphasis, but a minor member of the world. Individual is insignificant compared to the Overall Nation, World.

bc3ad23d88016e1386aecd121fa236fc[1].jpg

china do not ditch it ,this is a culture and had immersed our blood.though your country has a number of chinese , you singaporean do not understand about collectivism and obeism.in our impression ,you have already been westernization.buddy

china do not ditch it ,this is a culture and had immersed our blood.though your country has a number of chinese , you singaporean do not understand about collectivism and obeism.in our impression ,you have already been westernization.buddy

Singapore is originally a Malay enclave, and historically was a Malay-dominated state. The Chinese, and Indians who were brought there by British were indentured servants, and through centuries, have already formed their own distinct culture, identity. It is the same for the 1.5 million Japanese who live in Brazil. Sure they have Japanese blood, but they are more Brazilian and Latino in culture than they are East Asian. The same goes for Singapore, they are a fusion of westernized and Southeast Asian.

We cant expect them to understand this concept fully as native Northeast Asians.

Just that it has different kinds of statements about collectivisitc spirit,Japan calls it 武士道 and China's 理学 in song dynasty includes explaining for this respect ,but their core is similar. just Japan's 武士道 is a little extreme by some Japanese武士 in ancient times.:)
"a little extreme".....:)
Chinese looking at Japanese: an extreme form of Confucius.
European looking at US: an extreme form of individualism.
@Nihonjin1051 no wonder you enjoy living in US.:)

East Asian painting is also about capturing the spirit of that moment.
yes. but i was mainly emphasizing the difference of how we acknowledge the relationship between people and the surrounding environment.

"a little extreme".....:)
Chinese looking at Japanese: an extreme form of Confucius.
European looking at US: an extreme form of individualism.
@Nihonjin1051 no wonder you enjoy living in US.:)

yes. but i was mainly emphasizing the difference of how we acknowledge the relationship between people and the surrounding environment.
you are misunderstanding me , i mean japan 武士道 in ancient times is a little extreme ,i do not say japan's way of Confucius is a little extreme, and japanese 武士道 dose not is of Confucius but belongs to collectivistic or obeyed category

PRC now is more non East Asian than oversea Chinese or other East Asian. Their values are diametrically opposite to Zen Buddhism and confucianism.

They attack their parents and spouse 斗父母,夫妻揭发

There is very liitle Buddhist in PRC but Buddhism is predominant in oversea Chinese. PRC do not have confucian or Buddhist idea of sacrifice. Their belief are

天大地大我最大,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom