What's new

South Koreans react online to Japanese character traits demonstrated in hostage crisis

I do not think due to Koreans the treatment of POW become bad. The reason is more due to Japanese psyche that these loser who do not harakiri were cowards. The Japanese will fight to death.

Put that aside, once civilian administration took over, Japanese rule can be quite good, as shown in Manchukuo and Taiwan.

Koreans were excessively wicked in Imperial Japan China expedition Army支那派遣軍, just that CPC and KMT cover up for Korean. But the karma is CPC support N Korea and give Korean shit.

Sometimes one must believe in retribution.

I hope the KCG (Korean Coast Guard) start skewering Chinese fishermen in retaliation. In my personal opinion, shooting them in the stomach is fvcking boring. You think Chinese people are the only ones that can give "shit" to others?

I hope the KCG (Korean Coast Guard) start skewering Chinese fishermen in retaliation. In my personal opinion, shooting them in the stomach is fvcking boring. You think Chinese people are the only ones that can give "shit" to others?

Aigo! a bit excessive ... Don't mess with Koreans eh ...

Well before the Spanish came, it is said that we trade with the Ming Dynasty and probably earlier; I remember visiting the Ayala museum back in 2011 where I saw porcelains that is stated to be from the time the Tang Dynasty existed and if the Boxer Codex is to be believed, Chinese were already in the Philippines before Spain arrived here.

Of course they were -- Chinese were maritime traders an entire millennia before European powers came to Asian shores.

You don't hear about that, but you should read into the Angs, Lims, Tans, Uys, Cojuanco, Yuchengko, Gotangko, Tantikos --- all Chinese families who benefited greatly because of Japanse intervention there.

@Ayan81 , @Cossack25A1 ,perhaps you can clarify more.

It's not true when you say that all Chinese were targetted.

Further more, upon looking at the current economic situation, it seems the local Tsinoy would keep the status quo as they are against 60/40 Economic Restriction which would have brought more jobs here and reducing the number of Filipinos leaving the country to seek the jobs that are not found in the Philippines. With the restriction in place, the gap between the poor and rich widens, the media keeps the poor dumbed down by showing mediocre shows made by some mediocre actors and actresses (there are good Filipino movies at present, but they are less supported or even snubbed), preventing them from thinking logically, living standards worsen and the middle class disappear due to many of them leaving the country, causing brain drain. In fact, the only race in the Philippines that has the chances of better living are the Tsinoys themselves because they have access to better education, better living standards and has financial capability to support whatever they want.

The common Filipino on the other hand are not given the chance or opportunity for a more decent jobs and ends up being a slave in another country under a sugar-coated term called "Overseas Filipino Worker." As for those professionals we have, without FDIs due to restriction, they leave the country and would likely drop their Filipino citizenship and trade it with another, particularly the green card.

If the 60/40 Economic Restriction is removed, the playing field could be leveled and both side would benefit on it.

Last edited:
@Cossack25A1 ,

These are definitely realities on the ground --- that affect the Philippine society and Filipino people. That said, I hope that the opportunities that have benefited the Chinese minorities will also be seen in the overall Filipino population. I have many Filipino friends and I know , first hand , of their hard working nature, ingenuity, and kind character. So I am sure of the potential of the Philippines !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom