What's new

South Koreans react online to Japanese character traits demonstrated in hostage crisis

I disagree, even during the Korean war, the Chinese treated their prisoner as well as it was possible.

I agree with your point, PLA did treat POW in a more humane way. That's why not just the war mongers, but some front-line Imperial Japanese Army/Navy brass who carried out the war in a anti-humane fashion had to be punished and remembered for their wrong-doings in IMTFE, same as what some front-line Nazi generals got in Nuremberg Trials (Nürnberger Prozesse).

1606462317-1.jpg

wKgBm04JmaXojFtFAADDzcEGIsg41.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree with your point, PLA did treat POW in a more humane way. That's why not just the war mongers, but some front-line Imperial Japanese Army/Navy brass who carried out the war in a anti-humane fashion had to be punished and remembered for their wrong-doings.

Okay, buddy.

Japanese imperial army were told or given cue to rape and kill by their commanders. Just one command from their officers, Japanese soldiers will stop raping and indiscriminate killing.

In Singapore, the Japanese conducted killing of Chinese only once to pacify the people. The policy succeeded and all Japanese elite units were transferred out of Malaya, leaving her with very little soldiers. Malayan were so cowed that they never fought back.

If Japanese never awed and shock their newly minted subjects with murder, it would be lraq and Vietnam Version 2.

Problem is there is propaganda by PRC and many government to paint the entire Japanese as barbarian, murderer and rapist. Meanwhile, Japanese want to exonerate their elites from the murder and rape chain of commands and they deliberately acquiesce to such slander.

I have studied Japanese Imperial Army history in detail. They are one of the most discipline soldiers.

Japanese imperial army were told or given cue to rape and kill by their commanders. Just one command from their officers, Japanese soldiers will stop raping and indiscriminate killing.

In Singapore, the Japanese conducted killing of Chinese only once to pacify the people. The policy succeeded and all Japanese elite units were transferred out of Malaya, leaving her with very little soldiers. Malayan were so cowed that they never fought back.

If Japanese never awed and shock their newly minted subjects with murder, it would be lraq and Vietnam Version 2.

Problem is there is propaganda by PRC and many government to paint the entire Japanese as barbarian, murderer and rapist. Meanwhile, Japanese want to exonerate their elites from the murder and rape chain of commands and they deliberately acquiesce to such slander.

I have studied Japanese Imperial Army history in detail. They are one of the most discipline soldiers.

I have to say it's fun to have you around buddy, I enjoy ur contribution, if it's not a little annoying sometimes. ;)

Ya.. They did, and I should not be so categorial. Malayan Chinese did fought back. Indians and Malay joined Japanese.

In the Philippines, the Chinoys (Chinese Filipinos) collaborated with Japanese soldiers and rule. The Philippine President during Japanese occupation, Jose P. Laurel was a Chinese Mestizo. In fact many of the Chinese Filipinos' and their industrial beginnings is linked with Japanese occupation of the islands. Before that, most of the industry were run by Spanish Filipinos, who incidentally cooperated with the Filipino resistance, which led to stern Japanese response. As a result, many Chinese families were chosen by Japanese Government to take over the old businesses.

You don't hear about that, but you should read into the Angs, Lims, Tans, Uys, Cojuanco, Yuchengko, Gotangko, Tantikos --- all Chinese families who benefited greatly because of Japanse intervention there.

@Ayan81 , @Cossack25A1 , @Bob Ong perhaps you can clarify more.

Ya.. They did, and I should not be so categorial. Malayan Chinese did fought back. Indians and Malay joined Japanese.

Also, remember that Taiwan was a colony and believe it or not hundreds of thousand of Taiwanese (Hans) served in the Imperial Army. Many of whom were officers.

It's not true when you say that all Chinese were targetted.

In the Philippines, the Chinoys (Chinese Filipinos) collaborated with Japanese soldiers and rule. The Philippine President during Japanese occupation, Jose P. Laurel was a Chinese Mestizo. In fact many of the Chinese Filipinos' and their industrial beginnings is linked with Japanese occupation of the islands. Before that, most of the industry were run by Spanish Filipinos, who incidentally cooperated with the Filipino resistance, which led to stern Japanese response. As a result, many Chinese families were chosen by Japanese Government to take over the old businesses.

You don't hear about that, but you should read into the Angs, Lims, Tans, Uys, Cojuanco, Yuchengko, Gotangko, Tantikos --- all Chinese families who benefited greatly because of Japanse intervention there.

Also, remember that Taiwan was a colony and believe it or not hundreds of thousand of Taiwanese (Hans) served in the Imperial Army. Many of whom were officers.

What I mean is Japan conduct the Sook Ching killing in Singapore just once. This is the least cost path in order to rule Malayan effectively and neuter resistance.

If USA is doing the Japanese way, then Vietnam and Iraq will be like sheep.

There are Chinese collaborators in Singapore for example the Shaw Brothers. They are now big tycoon thanks to Japanese.

The biggest winner is Malay Islamofascist. I will talk about this later.

What I mean is Japan conduct the Sook Ching killing in Singapore just once. This is the least cost path in order to rule Malayan effectively and neuter resistance.

If USA is doing the Japanese way, then Vietnam and Iraq will be like sheep.

There are Chinese collaborators in Singapore for example the Shaw Brothers. They are now big tycoon thanks to Japanese.

The biggest winner is Malay Islamofascist. I will talk about this later.

You are referring to what we Japanese call -- シンガポール大検証 -- yes?

You need to know that it was not the Imperial Army that did that, it was the Kempetai, and subordinates. They targetted areas that were known for sending forces to Chonqing, and at this time , Japan was at war with China. I agree that what the Kempetai did was excessive and too brutal. The unfortunate effects of unmitigated war. As to the brutality the British POWs were given, it was not Japanese that did that but Korean conscripts into the Imperial Army --- Koreans were known for their excessive brutality, more so than even Japanese.

You are referring to what we Japanese call -- シンガポール大検証 -- yes?

You need to know that it was not the Imperial Army that did that, it was the Kempetai, and subordinates. They targetted areas that were known for sending forces to Chonqing, and at this time , Japan was at war with China. I agree that what the Kempetai did was excessive and too brutal. The unfortunate effects of unmitigated war. As to the brutality the British POWs were given, it was not Japanese that did that but Korean conscripts into the Imperial Army --- Koreans were known for their excessive brutality, more so than even Japanese.

Can you show me evidence that Koreans are over represented in Kempetai 宪兵队?

Can you show me evidence that Koreans are over represented in Kempetai 宪兵队?

Koreans were conscripted directly into the Kwangtung Army, the largest Army in the Empire -- at the time. Many units of the Kwangtung Army were merged with the 25th , 8th, 13th Imperial Armies. These took part in Ten Goh.

Remember during this time there was no such thing as Chosenjin (korean) anymore, they took Japanese identity, had Japanese names. But the Chosenjin character is quite hardy, they are hard fighters and proved themselves quite exceptional. They were brutal, and I think that is part of their hardy nature.

Reading the history of the Philippines during WW2, it wasn't much elaborated but if this is true, it is likely because during the Commonwealth, the American rule Chinese Exclusion Act was also applied in the Philippines, thus giving negative sentiments towards the American rule at that time.

Reading the history of the Philippines during WW2, it wasn't much elaborated but if this is true, it is likely because during the Commonwealth, the American rule Chinese Exclusion Act was also applied in the Philippines, thus giving negative sentiments towards the American rule at that time.

Yes, and prior to the Americans, the Spanish had Anti-Sangley Laws, which placed the Chinese at the bottom of the social ladder there.for all intents and purposes they were treated as 2nd class citizens. Contrary to Japanese activity in China, the Chinese Filipinos were mobilized by Imperial Japan and did benefit greatly during Japanese rule.

For example; one of the historically Filipno businesses is San Miguel Beer , which was owned by Spaniards for centuries. It is now owned and operated by Chinese Filipinos, of the Ang Family. There's a reason for this and it goes back to Japanese occupation years.

Koreans were conscripted directly into the Kwangtung Army, the largest Army in the Empire -- at the time. Many units of the Kwangtung Army were merged with the 25th , 8th, 13th Imperial Armies. These took part in Ten Goh.

Remember during this time there was no such thing as Chosenjin (korean) anymore, they took Japanese identity, had Japanese names. But the Chosenjin character is quite hardy, they are hard fighters and proved themselves quite exceptional. They were brutal, and I think that is part of their hardy nature.

I do not think due to Koreans the treatment of POW become bad. The reason is more due to Japanese psyche that these loser who do not harakiri were cowards. The Japanese will fight to death.

Put that aside, once civilian administration took over, Japanese rule can be quite good, as shown in Manchukuo and Taiwan.

Koreans were excessively wicked in Imperial Japan China expedition Army支那派遣軍, just that CPC and KMT cover up for Korean. But the karma is CPC support N Korea and give Korean shit.

Sometimes one must believe in retribution.

I do not think due to Koreans the treatment of POW become bad. The reason is more due to Japanese psyche that these loser who do not harakiri were cowards. The Japanese will fight to death.

Put that aside, once civilian administration took over, Japanese rule can be quite good, as shown in Manchukuo and Taiwan.

Koreans were excessively wicked in Imperial Japan China expedition Army支那派遣軍, just that CPC and KMT cover up for Korean. But the karma is CPC support N Korea and give Korean shit.

Sometimes one must believe in retribution.

Id love to respond but it's way way past my bed time. Good night. Lol.

Yes, and prior to the Americans, the Spanish had Anti-Sangley Laws, which placed the Chinese at the bottom of the social ladder there.for all intents and purposes they were treated as 2nd class citizens. Contrary to Japanese activity in China, the Chinese Filipinos were mobilized by Imperial Japan and did benefit greatly during Japanese rule.

For example; one of the historically Filipno businesses is San Miguel Beer , which was owned by Spaniards for centuries. It is now owned and operated by Chinese Filipinos, of the Ang Family. There's a reason for this and it goes back to Japanese occupation years.

Well before the Spanish came, it is said that we trade with the Ming Dynasty and probably earlier; I remember visiting the Ayala museum back in 2011 where I saw porcelains that is stated to be from the time the Tang Dynasty existed and if the Boxer Codex is to be believed, Chinese were already in the Philippines before Spain arrived here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom