What's new

South Koreans react online to Japanese character traits demonstrated in hostage crisis

first cousin marrying first cousin. Brother and sister incest. That's the royal family. You don't see anything wrong with that?

Someone who is more educated can write what he wrote in three sentences.
I thought cousin marriage is legal in Japan?

The value of individual life vs the country & authority is very different in Japan than in anywhere else. This is the exact character trait that make Kamikaze pilots possible, and if asked to do it all over again, the Japanese people will follow their order just like before, precisely due to this trait.

I think it is common in East Asia. In war we see Japanese, Korean, and Chinese chose to die in a Kamikaze way as a last resort rather than surrender (which is seen as utmost disgrace). In peace time, we also observe this in economic behaviors, like dying to build strategic important infrastructures, workaholic spirit, sacrifice personal interests (remember Korean people lined up to sell gold to the state during financial crisis) for the country etc.

I watched this movie, viewing Kamikaze from a Japanese POV, as a Chinese I can understand this bushido (武士道) spirit which is same in Chinese culture.

eien-no-0.jpg

Last edited:
I remember in the 70s Japanese athletics that lost a game would be slapped in public.

I think East Asians can be described as 'extreme' when it comes to competitive sports. I know that it is the same for Chinese and Korean athletes as well.

I think it is common in East Asia. In war we see Japanese, Korean, and Chinese chose to die in a Kamikaze way as a last resort rather than surrender (which is seen as utmost disgrace). In peace time, we also observe this in economic behaviors, like dying to build strategic important infrastructures, workaholic spirit, sacrifice personal interests (remember Korean people lined up to sell gold to the state during financial crisis) for the country etc.

I watched this movie, viewing Kamikaze from a Japanese POV, as a Chinese I can understand this bushido (武士道) spirit which is same in Chinese culture.

eien-no-0.jpg
I think East Asians can be described as 'extreme' when it comes to competitive sports. I know that it is the same for Chinese and Korean athletes as well.

East Asians in USA and other white man land are ditch like a shit even by our own women. Given equal wealth, an East Asian girl will even prefer blacks as they look brave and more macho and more muscle. Also East Asian girls think East Asian have small coc.

In reality East Asian are the one who have real balls. Not just the East Asians, Sino Tibetan are people who have a almost mystic kind of courage and face death with calm.

All Japanese regiment 442 was the most courageous unit in the entire USA history. Most Japanese in WW2 fought till death. Given the right mobilization, a lot of Chinese are able to fight to death also but I think Japanese are far far better in self sacrifice.

East Asians in USA and other white man land are ditch like a shit even by our own women. Given equal wealth, an East Asian girl will even prefer blacks as they look brave and more macho and more muscle. Also East Asian girls think East Asian have small coc.

In reality East Asian are the one who have real balls. Not just the East Asians, Sino Tibetan are people who have a almost mystic kind of courage and face death with calm.

All Japanese regiment 442 was the most courageous unit in the entire USA history. Most Japanese in WW2 fought till death. Given the right mobilization, a lot of Chinese are able to fight to death also but I think Japanese are far far better in self sacrifice.

While i agree with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs, your 1st paragraph --- my reaction was : :o:...:lol:...:disagree:

;)
@Nihonjin1051 ,there must be a very stunning story from him,lol.
@Lux de Veritas,that's a pity those girls missed a chance to know you only because the small coc conjecture on you. And thanks for god gaving me a good DNA that would not be confused by conjectures like this.lol...

Last edited:
;)

@Nihonjin1051 ,there must be a very stunning story from him,lol.
@Lux de Veritas,that's a pity those girls missed a chance to know you only because the small coc conjecture on you. And thanks for god gaving me a good DNA that would not be confused by conjectures like this.lol...

Lol, I don't think I ever had that problem Lux is talking about. Thank the Heavens, lol. :bunny::bunny:

Not entirely true. It was in an international sporting event. Maybe Olympic. the coach slapped the athletic in full view of the entire world. The athletic would even accept the punishment. It was only because of international outrage that this practice of slapping athletic was stopped.

Japanese people are a role model for everyone. Humble, disciplined and hard working.

Hey says you man.

Nothing wrong to cry your heart out if you just lost your love one. It is bad to hide your emotion. Japanese are emotionless robots.

You're wrong. They do got emotions, they just know how to destroy it pretty well.

eien-no-0.jpg

From Confucius, China has taken filial piety as the most important attribute while Japan took loyal over everything else. That is unique to Japan. Moreover, the deference to authority no longer exist in China, that Mao has pretty much destroyed.

From Confucius, China has taken filial piety as the most important attribute while Japan took loyal over everything else. That is unique to Japan. Moreover, the deference to authority no longer exist in China, that Mao has pretty much destroyed.

Yes sadly but true. Mao import Marxist-Stalinism and discard a lot of traditional values which are better preserved in other East Asian countries instead, though he himself is a bold and intelligent military strategist.

Stop this nonsense already. Japan had a very good chance to show off their Bushido spirit. And what did they do. Bushido spirit did not stop the massive rapping and slaughtering of women and children including babies during WW2. Bushido culture did not stop the beheading and torturing of allied prisoners. Bushido culture is blind royalty to the point of hysteria. It’s nothing to be proud of. Its a very hierarchical order where the top uses violence on their sub ordinates and their sub ordinate use violence to those below them and so on. The very bottom civilians end up getting the worst.

Stop this nonsense already. Japan had a very good chance to show off their Bushido spirit. And what did they do. Bushido spirit did not stop the massive rapping and slaughtering of women and children including babies during WW2. Bushido culture did not stop the beheading and torturing of allied prisoners. Bushido culture is blind royalty to the point of hysteria. It’s nothing to be proud of. Its a very hierarchical order where the top uses violence on their sub ordinates and their sub ordinate use violence to those below them and so on. The very bottom civilians end up getting the worst.

为什么我们谈论过去。武士道不负责滑稽的战争。暴行是由于战争的愤怒。在战争中,禁忌都被删除。战争改变了人们。战争的暴行是提醒所有 一节课为所有。

Bushido spirit is not responsible for war, in fact the Samurai were replaced by the large-scale modernized army (and Imperial Japanese Navy) which carried out the war, and which was decided by war mongers in the top political level. Yes, war is crazy, cruel, Japan has committed war crimes in WWII in Asia that's a hard fact. And the war criminals should be punished, as what they got in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE).

220px-International_Military_Tribunal_Ichigaya_Court.jpg

The International Military Tribunal for the Far East was convened at Ichigaya Court, formerly the Imperial Japanese Army HQ building, in Ichigaya, Tokyo.

Bushido placed much greater value on the virtues of loyalty and self-sacrifice, yes it could be blind loyalty from some perspective, or anything other thing, but it is not war.

100px-Bushido_Calligraphy.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom