What's new

South China Sea Forum

I don't quite understand something. What is the Chinese claim to Spratly Island?

I would understand the Chinese have stake in the paracel as they are close to Hainan Island. But to claim spratly island which is that further out to sea. what stake the claim?

I don't mean to agrue but i honeslt don't know.

I'm just giving you some guideline, not asserting anything

you can check the 11 dotted line claim first, during the Republic of China era, then follow the history up to today's PRC's 9 dotted line claim

PS: actually those are the more recent history.....but you can also check the history of ming dynasty voyage and during Qing dynasty's voyage

you can check the 11 dotted line claim first, during the Republic of China era, then follow the history up to today's PRC's 9 dotted line claim

PS: actually those are the more recent history.....but you can also check the history of ming dynasty voyage and during Qing dynasty's voyage

11 dash line was idea of some ROC officers recently 1947 after WW II. China PRC claimed it with 9 dash-line 2009 to UNCLOS. 11 dash-line and 9 dash-line is baseless.
China claim, saying : Historical evidents in old books, however such kind of evidents were demonstrated are very vague, no words mentioned that there was territory of China, intentionally necglected all statements in old books of China confirmed that: Islands were belong to others.

The book printed in China around 1550 with the name: 海五(Hải Ngũ) written by 黄中(Hoàn Trung) stated that : Spratly islands, is the sand islands belong to barbarian state in West-Southern of China (Vietnam today).
by the year 1898 when Chinese sea pirates robbed Imezi Maru Japanese ship transported goods for Britain in Paracel area, authority protested in China, Cantonese Governor answered that: Islands not belong to China, so China don't have responsibility about such incidents.

The truth is that in the past Man Quing Dynasty acepted Islands belong to Vietnam.

Here comes CCG‘s 3000-tonne Type 818 and 2000-tonne Type718 Patrol Ships:

12091760smmzwnfdf6055n.jpg

Construction to commence soon。:azn:

I don't quite understand something. What is the Chinese claim to Spratly Island?

I would understand the Chinese have stake in the paracel as they are close to Hainan Island. But to claim spratly island which is that further out to sea. what stake the claim?

I don't mean to agrue but i honeslt don't know.

I also happen to fail to understand the UK’s claim to the Folklands、or why are the Greek Islands dotted close to and along the Turkish coast line。 As a matter of fact,I am puzzled by the fact that tiny european countries and the US claim sovereignty over so many islands in the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean,the Atlantic Ocean etc。I believe it is all part of the (colonial)history?Right?

I also happen to fail to understand the UK’s claim to the Folklands、or why are the Greek Islands dotted close to and along the Turkish coast line。 As a matter of fact,I am puzzled by the fact that tiny european countries and the US claim sovereignty over so many islands in the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean,the Atlantic Ocean etc。I believe it is all part of the (colonial)history?Right?

Vietnam controlled Islands as intergrated territory first in East Sea of Vietnam.
Why China don't claim Falkland and Hawai ?

Vietnam breaks up anti-China protests

The protests in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi were quickly dispersed by police.

Tensions are high after an incident last month in which Hanoi accused Beijing of cutting the cables of a Vietnamese oil exploration ship.

Vietnam is also unhappy at a map in new Chinese passports that shows disputed areas of the South China Sea as Chinese territory.

Hundreds of people are reported to have taken part in the protests on Sunday morning against what they see as Chinese aggression and expansionism.

But the rallies were quickly stopped by the security police - after just 45 minutes in Ho Chi Minh City and half-an-hour in Hanoi.

Protesters told the BBC that Hanoi police had detained more than 20 activists.

Public anger

The BBC's Nga Pham says it is the first anti-China protest in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam's largest city, in more than a year.

Public demonstrations are extremely rare in Vietnam, where the government makes social and political stability its top priority.

Police have been trying hard to prevent demonstrations, but this time it seems public anger was too great to suppress, our correspondent says.

Tensions over maritime claims in the region have been rising.

Vietnam and the Philippines accuse China of growing assertiveness around disputed islands and shoals.

The Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) said Chinese fishing boats had sabotaged one of its oil survey vessels last month in the South China Sea.

Vietnam, the Philippines and Taiwan have also complained to China about the new passport map, saying it is an infringement of their sovereignty.

Vietnam and the Philippines are refusing to stamp the new Chinese passports and are instead issuing visas on separate sheets of paper.

BBC News - Vietnam breaks up anti-China protests

SO, basically, both ROC and China are claim from the same Acient Boundary extended beyond Vietnam coast. Now, as my knowledge, when Vietnam become an Independent country and cede from China (ROC in 1911 is the sucession of Imperial China) in 938 AD, are there any document mentioned the ceding of vietnam included the spratly and paracel island??

Well, i ask a question and i got a troll answer.

First off, it's Falkland Islands. not Folklands Island.
Secondly, It's not that the UK wanted Falkland, but the Falkland people wanted to remain British, there are no Claim or whatever. The reason why Falkland become UK territories is the same why Australia was a former British Colony, which is, Britain Settle in Falkland first, they repel attack after attack from Argentina even America. The only different is, Falkland like to remain with the British, while Australian want their own identity.

Every Island US claim are legitmate, there are no doubt about it. If you are implying US and the west occupied any territories illegally i can tell you to STFU, all west claim on their own territories are all according to UN Public Law Forum and Law of Sovereignty. For the uneducated here is my info on law of sovereignty

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/222879-anyone-even-know-how-land-dispute-resolved.html

Sovereignty is coming from a time where there are free for all when there are no one occupied with those island, Now it's nearly impossible now. We have all those territories for more than 100 years, if they want to leave the Union, they can leave, but all choose to stay, so what is your point??

Here comes CCG‘s 3000-tonne Type 818 and 2000-tonne Type718 Patrol Ships:
Construction to commence soon。:azn:

No problem. I hear Vietnam marine police is waiting for delivery of some advanced patrol vessels from Japan. I hope they come soon :pop:

The protests in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi were quickly dispersed by police.

121209021732_protest_512x288_facebook_nocredit.jpg

In Hanoi.

121209024054_protest_512x288_facebook_nocredit.jpg

In Hochiminh City.

and more here.
Look at the terrible bruality of the Vietnamese regime. These poor protestors just want to express their dissatisfaction with the way Vietnam is too weak to confront China. The world should help the opposition group in Vietnam for humanitarian reasons.

Look at the terrible bruality of the Vietnamese regime. These poor protestors just want to express their dissatisfaction with the way Vietnam is too weak to confront China. The world should help the opposition group in Vietnam for humanitarian reasons.

You are best chinese tro.ll that I ever seen :tup:

There are several categories regarding the ownership/claimants/controllers of these islands/reefs/shoals/banks

Spratly Islands dispute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spratly_with_flags.jpg

Another source describing how many islands are occupied by each country.
China Claims 90% of Spratly Islands, Actually Controls 13% | News, Investment commentary and Geopolitical analysis of China, India and emerging Asia

I created this thread for informative purposes so that we know the numbers of areas and the respective names that each of our country control and claim in the Spratly. I use the word "areas" because there's a distinction between islands/reefs/shoals and banks.

Back
Top Bottom