What's new

South China Sea Forum

Chinese ships cut cable of VN vessel
VietNamNet Bridge – The Viet Nam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) yesterday, Dec 3, confirmed an incident involving one of its ships and Chinese vessels.

images441907_7b.jpg

Answering questions from the media, Deputy Head of PetroVietnam's Search and Exploration Division Pham Viet Dung said that the incident happened at 4:05am last Friday when the Binh Minh 02 was attempting to carry out a seismic survey on the Vietnamese continental shelf around the Bac Bo (Tonkin) Gulf.

The ship reportedly encountered a number of Chinese fishing boats and sent warning signals asking them to leave the area the ship was working in. Two Chinese boats numbered 16025 and 16028 ran up behind Binh Minh 02, cutting the Vietnamese ship's seismic survey cables.

Following the incident, PetroVietnam immediately ordered relevant departments and the ship's crew to rectify the problem. By 2pm on Saturday, all the cables had been repaired and the ship had resumed work.

Dung objected to the action and requested relevant agencies to ask Chinese citizens to respect Viet Nam's sovereignty and not interfere with the operations of Vietnamese ships, including seismic survey ships belonging to PetroVietnam.

A similar incident happened in May last year when three Chinese ships cut the cables of Binh Minh 02 while it was carrying out an exploratory mission.

VietNamNet/VNS

As if it were not enough,and following #605,the skeletons of 2 more Type 052D DDGs were spotted at JN:

1505581xu8d30wrw12qq4q.jpg

1506283l9dg0ef0093w3vh.jpg

:lol: :lol: Last time USA left its ally Philippines alone to fight China over Scarborough Shoal. This time Viets can cry and beg again when our coast guard bullies your fisherman and cuts your oil exploration cables. Our aircraft carrier and J-15 need some live target practice.

Really the reason you won because you lied about withdrawing your government requested us to talk and for that to happen both countries ships must withdraw from the area! that's how you won by lying? Just like what you people are doing in Africa some great victory next time we will get even so were not mad we are waiting for the right chance lets if you can bully us when our new planes/ship arrive since they are ready to sail we can be faster than your drydocks ships will be as the saying goes dont get mad get even and thank you for telling the whole world that your jerks with some need of @$$kicking i can't wait to see those cheap planes become junk after we get our hands on new planes from From Italy/South Korea/ America and the rest and our weapons from Europe and American and south American which coming in two months time and the first months of next year So thank you again you arrogant jerks.

Chinese ships cut cable of VN vessel
HA NOI (VNS)— The Viet Nam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) yesterday confirmed an incident involving one of its ships and Chinese vessels.
Answering questions from the media, Deputy Head of PetroVietnam's Search and Exploration Division Pham Viet Dung said that the incident happened at 4:05am last Friday when the Binh Minh 02 was attempting to carry out a seismic survey on the Vietnamese continental shelf around the Bac Bo (Tonkin) Gulf.
The ship reportedly encountered a number of Chinese fishing boats and sent warning signals asking them to leave the area the ship was working in. Two Chinese boats numbered 16025 and 16028 ran up behind Binh Minh 02, cutting the Vietnamese ship's seismic survey cables.
Following the incident, PetroVietnam immediately ordered relevant departments and the ship's crew to rectify the problem. By 2pm on Saturday, all the cables had been repaired and the ship had resumed work.
Dung objected to the action and requested relevant agencies to ask Chinese citizens to respect Viet Nam's sovereignty and not interfere with the operations of Vietnamese ships, including seismic survey ships belonging to PetroVietnam.
A similar incident happened in May last year when three Chinese ships cut the cables of Binh Minh 02 while it was carrying out an exploratory mission. — VNS

Chinese ships cut cable of VN vessel - Politics & Laws | Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports - VietNam News - VietNam News

Vietnam protests as Chinese ships again harass Vietnamese vessel

The Vietnamese Foreign Ministry summoned a Chinese embassy representative Monday to protest the latest incident at sea when a Vietnamese ship had its cables cut by Chinese fishing vessels, news webiste Petrotimes reported.

The ministry handed over a diplomatic note to the Chinese envoy about the incident that occurred on November 30.

International experts warn that such action by Chinese ships in Vietnamese waters for the second time in nearly two years shows China will be “unrelenting” in staking its territorial claims in the East Sea, internationally known as the South China Sea.

Speaking to Thanh Nien on the phone Monday after PetroVietnam’s news website Petrotimes reported that the group’s exploration vessel Binh Minh 02 was harassed -- the same ship that was targeted 18 months ago -- Carl Thayer, a maritime analyst at the University of New South Wales in Canberra, said the latest incident was a “highly provocative act.”

It means that countries like Vietnam would find it “more difficult” to get foreign companies to work with them, if China “keeps this up,” he said.

While it is unclear if the Chinese government is involved in the recent incidents, the new passports printed with the nine-dash line showing China’s claims over 90 percent of the East Sea, and the harassment of Binh Minh 02 indicated that China “will be unrelenting in trying to stake out its claims,” he said.

He noted that since a code of conduct aimed at easing tensions in the East Sea would be finalized between ASEAN and China in two years' time, China is stepping up provocation while it still can, and there is “no pressure on it to play the game diplomatically.”

Kerry Brown, former head of the Asia Program at Chatham House, a London-based think tank, said China's latest act signals it is “in no mood” to compromise on maritime border issues.

But it is not yet a “hard strategic move,” but “largely a gesture,” he said.

“This is a game China is playing to feel out the space it has around it and also assert some sort of strength to itself.”

Pressure has to be put on China so it goes the “international legal route” and acts like “a major power,” not plays “these old-style games” that undermine its moral standing and reveal its “insecurity” and “uncertainty.”

Petrotimes quoted Pham Viet Dung, deputy chief of PetroVietnam's exploration and search department and chief of its East Sea Office, as saying that two Chinese fishing ships went past the stern of the Binh Minh 02 and severed its cables at around 4.05 a.m. on November 30 when it was about to start seismic exploration in Vinh Bac Bo (the Gulf on Tonkin).

It happened some 43 nautical miles southeast of Con Co Island off Vietnam’s north-central province of Quang Tri, and 20 nautical miles on the Vietnamese side of the Vietnam-China median line in the Gulf of Tonkin, Dung said.

PetroVietnam ordered the broken cables quickly fixed and the Binh Minh 02 resumed “normal” work at around 2 p.m. the next day, he said. It has been carrying out seismic exploration of Vietnam’s continental shelf since May.

According to Dung, many Chinese fishing ships had been operating there before the vessel arrived, and Vietnamese agencies had warned them to leave.

Recently many Chinese ships have illegally entered Vietnamese waters to fish, mainly in the area between Con Co Island and the south of Tri Ton Island in the Hoang Sa Archipelago, he said.

There have been days when there were more than 100 of them, and they “intentionally” keep entering Vietnamese waters despite orders to leave from Vietnamese authorities, he said.

“That Chinese fishing ships enter Vietnamese waters for fishing not only infringes on Vietnam’s sovereignty, but also obstructs the normal activities of Vietnamese fishermen and affects PetroVietnam’s activities at sea.”

PetroVietnam has asked Chinese authorities to educate their citizens about respecting Vietnamese sovereignty, he said.

In May last year Binh Minh 02 had its cables severed by a Chinese marine surveillance vessel some 80 nautical miles off Nha Trang, and 370 nautical miles south of China's Hainan Island.

Two weeks later, the Viking II, a Norwegian ship contracted by a joint venture between PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation and the French-owned CGG Veritas, was also harassed by Chinese ships when it was operating near the Dai Hung oil field 270 kilometers off the southern province of Vung Tau.

Thank you China for creating opportunity for Japan and Vietnam relation much closer, and maybe India too.

Thank you China for giving Japan, Vietnam and maybe India an opportunity to be close friends.

Pls, You should study hard about history before you speak, :lol:

This is my study of your history how first Chinese domination of Vietnam occurred after Qin when China was broke up and Han (west Han) reunified China and then annexed Vietnam.

As sumptuous Vietnamese killed all Han diplomats then killed Han soldiers and cheating to Han emperor, but Han 伏波将军路博德 made Vietnam (today’s north Vietnam) China’s province :

吕嘉遂下令国中曰:“王年少。太后,本汉人也。又与汉使者乱,专欲内附,尽持先王宝器入献于汉,以自媚,多从人(乃相从之人也),行至长安,虏卖以为童仆,自取一时之利,无顾赵氏社稷,为万世计虑之意。”乃与其弟将卒攻王,遂弑王与太后,尽杀汉使者,遣人告苍梧秦王及诸郡邑,立明王长子术阳侯建德为王。王已遇害,谥曰哀王。

时,冬十一月,宰相吕嘉既立王,而韩千秋兵入境,破数小邑。嘉乃开直道给食,未至番禺四十里,出兵击千秋等灭之。使人函封汉使节置塞上(即大庾岭名)。好为谩辞(欺诈之语也),以谢罪,发兵守要害处。汉帝闻之,遣伏波将军路博德出桂阳,楼船将军杨仆出豫章,戈船将军严(名严,史失其姓)出零陵,下濑将军甲(名甲,史失其姓)下苍梧,驰义侯贵(名贵,史失其姓)发夜郎兵,下牂牁江,咸会番禺。

庚午,元年。汉元鼎六年(公元前一一一年)

1冬,汉杨仆精兵九千,先陷寻陿,破石门(嘉积石于江,曰石门),得我粟船,因推其船,以数万人待伏波将军路博德。博德曰:“因道远后期与楼船会至番禺。”时有千余人,遂俱进,杨仆前至番禺。王及嘉皆守。杨仆自择便,居东南面,路博德居西北面。会暮,仆攻败之,纵火烧城。博德不知兵多少,乃为营,遣使招降者,赐以印绶,复纵令相招。楼船将军杨仆力攻,反驱入路博德营军中。黎(比也)旦,城中皆降。王及嘉与数百人夜走入海。博德又问降者知嘉所在,遣人追之。校尉司马苏弘得王,越郎都稽(一伯孙都)得嘉。时,下濑、戈船将军兵及驰义侯所发夜郎兵未下,而我越已为路博德、杨仆所平矣(时,我越令三使者牵牛三百头,携酒一千钟,持交趾、九真、日南三郡户籍迎降。路博德因拜三使者为三郡太守,治民如故)。

Note that I highlighted the year this happened: since 111BC Vietnam (north Vietnam) became part of Han (West Han), which you call first Chinese domination.

I don't mind if you call this CPC propaganda :lol:, but I read it from YOUR history book called 《大越史记全书》 《大越史记全书》 online reading

So it is you who have to read YOUR HISTORY!

It is relevant to YOU, not much to me.

Oh, I'm sorry, are you capable of reading your history? :rofl:

BTW, I love your historian's writing, and attitude, very much. 治民如故 means business as usual. :tup:

This is my study of your history how first Chinese domination of Vietnam occurred after Qin when China was broke up and Han (west Han) reunified China and then annexed Vietnam.

As sumptuous Vietnamese killed all Han diplomats then killed Han soldiers and cheating to Han emperor, but Han 伏波将军路博德 made Vietnam (today’s north Vietnam) China’s province :

吕嘉遂下令国中曰:“王年少。太后,本汉人也。又与汉使者乱,专欲内附,尽持先王宝器入献于汉,以自媚,多从人(乃相从之人也),行至长安,虏卖以为童仆,自取一时之利,无顾赵氏社稷,为万世计虑之意。”乃与其弟将卒攻王,遂弑王与太后,尽杀汉使者,遣人告苍梧秦王及诸郡邑,立明王长子术阳侯建德为王。王已遇害,谥曰哀王。

时,冬十一月,宰相吕嘉既立王,而韩千秋兵入境,破数小邑。嘉乃开直道给食,未至番禺四十里,出兵击千秋等灭之。使人函封汉使节置塞上(即大庾岭名)。好为谩辞(欺诈之语也),以谢罪,发兵守要害处。汉帝闻之,遣伏波将军路博德出桂阳,楼船将军杨仆出豫章,戈船将军严(名严,史失其姓)出零陵,下濑将军甲(名甲,史失其姓)下苍梧,驰义侯贵(名贵,史失其姓)发夜郎兵,下牂牁江,咸会番禺。

庚午,元年。汉元鼎六年(公元前一一一年)

1冬,汉杨仆精兵九千,先陷寻陿,破石门(嘉积石于江,曰石门),得我粟船,因推其船,以数万人待伏波将军路博德。博德曰:“因道远后期与楼船会至番禺。”时有千余人,遂俱进,杨仆前至番禺。王及嘉皆守。杨仆自择便,居东南面,路博德居西北面。会暮,仆攻败之,纵火烧城。博德不知兵多少,乃为营,遣使招降者,赐以印绶,复纵令相招。楼船将军杨仆力攻,反驱入路博德营军中。黎(比也)旦,城中皆降。王及嘉与数百人夜走入海。博德又问降者知嘉所在,遣人追之。校尉司马苏弘得王,越郎都稽(一伯孙都)得嘉。时,下濑、戈船将军兵及驰义侯所发夜郎兵未下,而我越已为路博德、杨仆所平矣(时,我越令三使者牵牛三百头,携酒一千钟,持交趾、九真、日南三郡户籍迎降。路博德因拜三使者为三郡太守,治民如故)。

Note that I highlighted the year this happened: since 111BC Vietnam (north Vietnam) became part of Han (West Han), which you call first Chinese domination.

I don't mind if you call this CPC propaganda :lol:, but I read it from YOUR history book called 《大越史记全书》

BTW, I love your historian's writing, and attitude, very much. 治民如故 means business as usual. :tup:
You should "study hard" for how you post on english forum! :lol:
You should understand what you said it in early! :lol:
You think you know and others don't know!? :lol:
Sometime you guys say it like you know about others and others don't know about you. You feel superior about that, right!? How poor....!:disagree:

China broke up several times in the history. What's big deal?

Much to your horror, you may not have the history knowledge that every time China broke up, it reunified with bigger territory.

And what is relevant to your Viets is that many times China reunified, Vietnam became a province of China.

The oldest being when Qin dynasty broke up and Han unified China, Vietnam became China's province (under first Chinese domination in 111 BC, as your history called it).

Whereas the 4th Chinese domination of Vietnam (again as you call it), this is when Ming Dynasty chased out Yuan after China broke up and Vietnam thought it was the time to make trouble, and it ended up being China’s province.

Often, when Vietnam became part of China, its civilization got an unprecedented boost. Of course, it is not to deny that there were many instances that Viets were suppressed by their rulers, just as there were more instances that ordinary Chinese were suppressed by their rulers.
Where're your proof!? :whistle:

庚午,元年。汉元鼎六年(公元前一一一年)

I don't mind if you call this CPC propaganda :lol:, but I read it from YOUR history book called 《大越史记全书》 《大越史记全书》 online reading

We did it with all aggressors invaded in to Vietnam in the past. Don't forget that China was province of Mongolian, Manchus and Japan recently.:D

We did it with all aggressors invaded in to Vietnam in the past. Don't forget that China was province of Mongolian, Manchus and Japan recently.:D

China was a province of Mongols, or Japan? What was the name of the province? I know a China's province was called An Nam. :P The name means peaceful Vietnam, because you were perceived perhaps as unpeaceful and trouble making. That is perhaps why a Vietnamese thinks the friendship between Vietnam and China is unbelievable even today http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ietnam-welcomes-cpc-military-delegations.html, exactly as a trouble-maker or trouble-lover would behave.

LOL! I expect nothing but laughing stocks from a history imbecile like you! :lol:

The Mongolians said China should be our country and Chinese culture and tradition should be our culture and tradition, and please let us enjoy your goodies by us using force against you.

If you know the Chinese, read how the Mongolians said when they declare the establishment of Yuan Dynasty 忽å¿&#8230;ç&#402;&#710; - ç¶*å&#376;ºç&#8482;¾ç§&#8216;ï¼&#338;è&#8225;ªç&#8221;±ç&#353;&#8222;ç&#8482;¾ç§&#8216;å&#8230;¨æ&#8250;¸ . Otherwise read <On China> by Dr. Henry Kissinger, former US Secretary of State, his description of that history.

What from Vietnam was the similar, just read your history books like &#12298;&#22823;&#36234;&#21490;&#35760;&#20840;&#20070;&#12299;. You admired Chinese culture and used Chinese standard, such as &#26149;&#31179;&#22823;&#20041; to measure yourself.

Read your own book to figure out what you are.

China was a province of Mongols, or Japan? What was the name of the province? I know a China's province was called An Nam. :P The name means peaceful Vietnam, because you were perceived perhaps as unpeaceful and trouble making. That is perhaps why a Vietnamese thinks the friendship between Vietnam and China is unbelievable even today http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ietnam-welcomes-cpc-military-delegations.html, exactly as a trouble-maker or trouble-lover would behave.

LOL! I expect nothing but laughing stocks from a history imbecile like you! :lol:

The Mongolians said China should be our country and Chinese culture and tradition should be our culture and tradition, and please let us enjoy your goodies by us using force against you.

If you know the Chinese, read how the Mongolians said when they declare the establishment of Yuan Dynasty 忽å¿&#8230;ç&#402;&#710; - ç¶*å&#376;ºç&#8482;¾ç§&#8216;ï¼&#338;è&#8225;ªç&#8221;±ç&#353;&#8222;ç&#8482;¾ç§&#8216;å&#8230;¨æ&#8250;¸ . Otherwise read <On China> by Dr. Henry Kissinger, former US Secretary of State, his description of that history.

What from Vietnam was the similar, just read your history books like &#12298;&#22823;&#36234;&#21490;&#35760;&#20840;&#20070;&#12299;. You admired Chinese culture and used Chinese standard, such as &#26149;&#31179;&#22823;&#20041; to measure yourself.

It was similiar that in the past China and Vietnam suffered ivasion of foreigners. vietnam consisdered invaders were enemy, we tried to wiped them out. You Chinese accepted they are your ruler.

China was a province of Mongols, or Japan? What was the name of the province? I know a China's province was called An Nam. :P The name means peaceful Vietnam, because you were perceived perhaps as unpeaceful and trouble making. That is perhaps why a Vietnamese thinks the friendship between Vietnam and China is unbelievable even today , exactly as a trouble-maker or trouble-lover would behave.

If you know the Chinese, read how the Mongolians said when they declare the establishment of Yuan Dynasty . Otherwise read <On China> by Dr. Henry Kissinger, former US Secretary of State, his description of that history.

I think you are american with Chinese origin so I say this to you: If you want say about Vietnamese history to Vietnamese, you should read about that with english course (neutral if you can find that).
You say about history conflict between two country, but you used document on China site to make me believe on that, what happen with your thought!? China claim almost everything of others country belong to her, and we should believe on things china said !??
Show me some proof of things you said above!
If you don't care about those we believe in it or not, so what's your point when you post it at here!???

China was a province of Mongols, or Japan? What was the name of the province? I know a China's province was called An Nam. :P The name means peaceful Vietnam, because you were perceived perhaps as unpeaceful and trouble making. That is perhaps why a Vietnamese thinks the friendship between Vietnam and China is unbelievable even today , exactly as a trouble-maker or trouble-lover would behave.

If you know the Chinese, read how the Mongolians said when they declare the establishment of Yuan Dynasty . Otherwise read <On China> by Dr. Henry Kissinger, former US Secretary of State, his description of that history.

I think you are american with Chinese origin so I say this to you: If you want say about Vietnamese history to Vietnamese, you should read about that with english course (neutral if you can find that).

You say about history conflict between two country, but you used document on China site to make me believe on that, what happen with your thought!? China claim almost everything of others country belong to her, and we should believe on things china said !??

If you don't care about those we believe in it or not, so what's your point when you post it at here!???

It was similiar that in the past China and Vietnam suffered ivasion of foreigners. vietnam consisdered invaders were enemy, we tried to wiped them out. You Chinese accepted they are your ruler.

China has 56 races. One of the minorities became the ruler of China, China is still Chinese.

To add to your knowledge base, Mongolians in China have 5 million in population. In Mongol, it has only 1 million. Which one is more Mongolian?

Man? The Manchurian are standard Chinese. Do a pitiful you know why the official Chinese is called Manderine?

You wipe them out that is why you are backward in cultural development. Just like the USA, if it were to wipe out Irish, German, Spanish,... only let British stay, that America would be as a sh!thole as your Vietnam.

You are very myopic, and pitifully narrow minded. That is precisely your politics is a copy of China's but with much lower efficiency, and your economy is in such abysmal (5% this year right? :tdown:).

Your logic is ridiculous, to say the least.

In a free world like USA or China, we have access to original documents, without subject to any manipulation (by English or other languages).

Vietnam history is documented overwhelmingly in Chinese, why should I read manipulated English one? Dude, if there are authenticate history books (like&#12298;&#23433;&#21335;&#24535;&#30053;&#12299;&#12289;&#12298;&#22823;&#36234;&#21490;&#35760;&#20840;&#20070;&#12299;&#12289;&#12298;&#22823;&#36234;&#21490;&#30053;&#12299;&#12289;&#12298;&#36234;&#21490;&#36890;&#37492;&#32434;&#30446;&#12299;&#12289;&#12298;&#21382;&#26397;&#23466;&#31456;&#31867;&#24535;&#12299;&#12289;&#12298;&#22823;&#21335;&#23454;&#24405;), why do anyone need secondhand scr@p? I am intending to read all of them, if there is a chance. That is why I have already collected those names. And I know which parts of the books were likely modified by the old Chinese imperialists. And I believe Mao Ze Dong (or Zhou Enlai) personally apologized to Viet commi about any atrocities his ancestors may committed towards Vietnamese. And the fact is, lots of Vietnamese were also involved in committing the same atrocities or to help the Chinese commit them.

In addition, in thousands of years, there were no Vietnamese as a nation, as Vietnamese were part of Chinese.

Can you tell me what&#8217;s wrong with the document on Chinese site? Can you then tell me any discrepancy in terms of the contents whether it is from that site vs any other site (for instance your Dai Viet site, if any?) I can also point you to another Chinese site that contains the same document that is a copy from Japanese site. I only see the contents are the same. That is all my concern.

Back to us. This is what that differentiates us: I love the knowledge whereas you love emotion with not much rationality. A typical example is, due to your crooked thinking, you would probably think download the book from other site would make your Vietnam history different from download it from a Chinese site. What about buy the book from google? &#22823;&#36234;&#21490;&#35352;&#20840;&#26360; - &#21555;&#22763;&#36899; - Google Books
? Or read from wiki? https://zh.wikisource.org/zh/大越史記全書/卷首
:rofl:

Dispute Flares Over Energy in South China Sea
By JANE PERLEZ
Published: December 4, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/w...south-china-sea.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

BEIJING — China and two of its neighbors, Vietnam and India, were locked in a new dispute on Tuesday over energy exploration in the South China Sea, a signal that Beijing plans to continue its hard line in the increasingly contentious waterway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom