What's new

Soon you may be allowed to drive at 100km per hour

just yesterday i was going at 80 km/h .. a car crossed me at nearly 200 km/h .. later on next signal i found that car accidented

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Koi Speed Limit hai kya INDIA me?

I used to drive more than 80 -90 / hour but didn't stop to me past 15 years................:p::p::p:

Na, I think Volvo has a speed limiter, like Tata bus have in low floor.

Yes it has a speed limiter, but as soon as the vehicle is registered, that is tampered..... Every volvo plying in Indian roads can go upto 150 kph.... there are cases of volvo bus got caught in highway speeding at 145kph...

True... for a car 60 -70 is the magic number and for a bike 40 to 50 is the magic number......

Think about it, if you crash at that speed, you would be lucky to survive. Sometimes it just takes common sense, if the road conditions allow, you go the speed limit, but if they don't, you don't have to drive that fast. Most of the winter car accidents in USA happen that way. People don't pay heed to ice/rain warnings, and still drive at the speed limit, and still end up dying.

If you have a properly built system, then it's fine. Otherwise not. In Pakistan Highways are usually 110 or 100kmph, but a lot of the times you can't drive that fast as occasionally you will have people criss crossing the road, a cattle gone lose etc. Motorways you can go constant 120kmph because it's access controlled, the roads are much better built, so you don't have the usual non-sense to deal with.

NOoooooooo ! :argh:

Imagine the damage that could do driving in India at these speeds ! :undecided:

Has anyone forgotten how Levina Apa rammed into a tree while driving at a meager 50 km/h & then asked the Traffic Police Officer to ask the Tree to pay the damages ! o_O

And how Ayush, mistaking his bike for a helicopter, flew off the high-way singing 'I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky' ! :o:

Of the three I only trust Indischer to drive carefull - Our German Bhabi has taught him driving herself ! :yes4:

He looked so cute sitting next to his 6'5 Blonde German Mrs. as she slapped him a couple of times for braking too soon or pushing down on the accelerator a couple of times too hard & how he'd say sheepishly to her 'Begum ghaltiii ho gaiii...ghusaaa na hooo' ! :meeting:

You forgot to mention @BD forever who recently bought a car

You forgot to mention @BD forever who recently bought a car

Uncle doesn't allow @BDforever to drive around much because he has this nasty habit of going to the Dhaka Fish Market every morning, buying Hilsa Fish & then opening his own mobile deli in front of his University Campus - Girl's Portion ! :unsure:

Think about it, if you crash at that speed, you would be lucky to survive. Sometimes it just takes common sense, if the road conditions allow, you go the speed limit, but if they don't, you don't have to drive that fast. Most of the winter car accidents in USA happen that way. People don't pay heed to ice/rain warnings, and still drive at the speed limit, and still end up dying.

If you have a properly built system, then it's fine. Otherwise not. In Pakistan Highways are usually 110 or 100kmph, but a lot of the times you can't drive that fast as occasionally you will have people criss crossing the road, a cattle gone lose etc. Motorways you can go constant 120kmph because it's access controlled, the roads are much better built, so you don't have the usual non-sense to deal with.

True, I come from a place where the density of population is one of the highest in the country..... If you remove the water and those mountains, then the density can increase 4 times...... The entire highway is crowded, and it is very dangerous to even cross 80.....We have no shortage of morons. who doesn't think much before crossing the highways......

100km/h seriously?-
thats the speed i usually make a turn at- :lol:-

100km/h seriously?-
thats the speed i usually make a turn at- :lol:-

Then you must be

images.jpg

Nobody beats Germany. And that is exactly how it should be. If your car can do it, let it do it.

However, that would require that all cars be certified and tested along with their drivers. No luck for that in third world countries.
Indeed Germany's Autobahn is widely acclaimed the best road infrastructure in the world but technically speaking, there is hardly any difference between road infrastructure of most leading European countries such as UK, France, Holland or Spain. In UK the national speed limit is 70mph (112.65km/h) but it happens to me quite often that I am driving around 90mph (144.84km/h) when the road is zipping nicely and there is a lack of traffic.

In my opinion the national speed limit of 70mph needs to be advisory and not enforced at certain places as hardly anybody follows it on Motorways when you have such a nice track and the ability to control the car even at faster pace. I don't violate this offence everyday but obviously when you are long journey and the road is clear you are left with no other choice as it becomes really forced on you if you continue to drive at 70mph.

PS: Avoiding the speed cameras, traffic, slightly bad infrastructure of road obviously takes it down below 70mph so I am only talking in general.

Depends on which of my cars i use but on the ORR or the highway i always touch 100 no matter which vehicle i am in.

My Adrenaline starts to increase as soon I turn on the ignition but due to speed cameras I have to hold my horses.

Love them German Autobahn's................... only place on earth where you can actually test the real worth of your car! :D

Nobody beats Germany. And that is exactly how it should be. If your car can do it, let it do it.

However, that would require that all cars be certified and tested along with their drivers. No luck for that in third world countries.

What's the use?I would still be breaking the law.:(

i dont get it 100 Km speed on indian highways ?

few points
1. the bad roads (pot holes & digging along roads )

2. slow moving and unregulated trafick or buggies , farm tractors & construction machienarry (which have a habit of doing less than 50 kmph in fast lane or centre of the road and dont give way to high speed trafick)

3. terrible driving sense of indian

4. traffick coming from opposite direction (often even on two way highways .. eg. even sahib sigh verma died deu to that so did rajesh pilot)

5. to many leagel and illeagel entry and exit points (specialli near villages and small towns)

tell me exept a few isolated streches and on expressways where can we reach more than 80 km and that to for more than 2-5 mins at best

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom