What's new

Soon you may be allowed to drive at 100km per hour

I donn know abt highways, I just broke the "revised" speed limit, coming to office this evening !!

In my state the entire highway they have kept cameras with speed sensors...... If you cross the limit you can see a flash in your rear view mirror, and you will get a ticket delivered at home.... Oh, Btw you can pay the fine online too.... You have a provision of checking the number of violation pending online...... I ride a vehicle which has a different state registration, hence i never had issues.....
ohh!! u are lucky but in punjab here nobody care about spee....exept in chandigargh......they have very strict trafic rules:)

Which bus do they use? volvo?
yes they use volvo.....it is called Sada-e-Sarhad
27914a3709abbe342c9eb0da562d522e.jpg

NOoooooooo ! :argh:

Imagine the damage that @levina @Ayush & @Indischer could do driving in India at these speeds ! :undecided:

Has anyone forgotten how Levina Apa rammed into a tree while driving at a meager 50 km/h & then asked the Traffic Police Officer to ask the Tree to pay the damages ! o_O

And how Ayush, mistaking his bike for a helicopter, flew off the high-way singing 'I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky' ! :o:

Of the three I only trust Indischer to drive carefull - Our German Bhabi has taught him driving herself ! :yes4:

He looked so cute sitting next to his 6'5 Blonde German Mrs. as she slapped him a couple of times for braking too soon or pushing down on the accelerator a couple of times too hard & how he'd say sheepishly to her 'Begum ghaltiii ho gaiii...ghusaaa na hooo' ! :meeting:
I am used to driving at 140kmph (highest permissible in UAE) :coffee:

But its a completely diff thing that my driving instructor (for manual cars in India) doesnt allow me to drive faster than 40kmph :sick:

Andd.......Anddddd
And I had not banged on a tree but a hyundai tucson.I was driving a lexus ES350 which belonged to my taya ji (ufff).
That happened an year ago when we were holidaying in Oman. :ashamed:

I am used to driving at 140kmph (highest permissible in UAE) :coffee:
But its a completely diff thing that my driving instructor (for manual cars in India) doesnt allow me to drive faster than 40kmph :sick:

That happened an year ago when we were holidaying in Oman. :ashamed:
Dee, we are not talking about the speed in Temple Run :P

In my state the entire highway they have kept cameras with speed sensors...... If you cross the limit you can see a flash in your rear view mirror, and you will get a ticket delivered at home.... Oh, Btw you can pay the fine online too.... You have a provision of checking the number of violation pending online...... I ride a vehicle which has a different state registration, hence i never had issues....

Enhhhh???
Cameras in Kerala???:blink:
Must be in Trivandrum then.

Dee, we are not talking about the speed in Temple Run :P
Arreeeyyy
140kmph is highest allowed on UAE highways.
Infact the localites vroom at 200kmph.
Once I ended up infront of a 4WD on the fast track.Driver of 4WD switched on his high beam light and blinded me completely for few seconds.:sick:
UAE locals dont really bother about rules.

Last edited:
We got 120 as standard for LTV and there are no fines upto 130 if it's while overtaking.

This Eid, I drove at 160-80 without any stoppages.

NOoooooooo ! :argh:

Imagine the damage that @levina @Ayush & @Indischer could do driving in India at these speeds ! :undecided:

Has anyone forgotten how Levina Apa rammed into a tree while driving at a meager 50 km/h & then asked the Traffic Police Officer to ask the Tree to pay the damages ! o_O

And how Ayush, mistaking his bike for a helicopter, flew off the high-way singing 'I believe I can fly....I believe I can touch the sky' ! :o:

Of the three I only trust Indischer to drive carefull - Our German Bhabi has taught him driving herself ! :yes4:

He looked so cute sitting next to his 6'5 Blonde German Mrs. as she slapped him a couple of times for braking too soon or pushing down on the accelerator a couple of times too hard & how he'd say sheepishly to her 'Begum ghaltiii ho gaiii...ghusaaa na hooo' ! :meeting:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm more a bike guy though.....Cars me mera dum ghut ta hai.:sarcastic:

i dont get it 100 Km speed on indian highways ?

few points
1. the bad roads (pot holes & digging along roads )

2. slow moving and unregulated trafick or buggies , farm tractors & construction machienarry (which have a habit of doing less than 50 kmph in fast lane or centre of the road and dont give way to high speed trafick)

3. terrible driving sense of indian

4. traffick coming from opposite direction (often even on two way highways .. eg. even sahib sigh verma died deu to that so did rajesh pilot)

5. to many leagel and illeagel entry and exit points (specialli near villages and small towns)

tell me exept a few isolated streches and on expressways where can we reach more than 80 km and that to for more than 2-5 mins at best

I beleive this limit will be applicable only on highways, that too 4 or 6 lane highways.

Next thing on the reforms agenda should be banning 'aunty' drivers they are a threat to other people on the road

Make the process of getting a driving licence an expensive and time consuming affair in India and there will be marked reduction in traffic accidents and violations.

Make the process of getting a driving licence an expensive and time consuming affair in India and there will be marked reduction in traffic accidents and violations.
As if people wait for license to arrive to get started with riding or driving.

Indian Speedways especially the golden quadrilateral, if you are driving at 100 you have to be in left most slow lane, people just zoom past at 100 +.

And if you drive on Vadodra - Ahmedabad section, even M800 or Hyundai i10 is running at 100+, avg speed on this section is 120-130. People just vroom ...With no two wheelers, not many slow moving vehicles its kind of autobahn of India :p

Doing 150-160 during night time :-o

Again doing 150 in Dezire

Can some one explain to me please how a commercial vehicle doing 80 on the same highway as cars doing 100 and motorcycles doing 70 makes any sense.

Can some one explain to me please how a commercial vehicle doing 80 on the same highway as cars doing 100 and motorcycles doing 70 makes any sense.
Be hold your speed lanes :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom