What's new

Some Kashmiris Who Want ‘independence’ Should Check This Out First!

Status
Not open for further replies.
then what,in US,Canada,Australia.. they also push Chinese language,but we will never have any language other than our mother tongue to be our official language,get it?you are using your country's official language to talk here and I m only using a foreign language.is this so hard for you to understand.

In Macau and Hongkong, you will get your work done in Cantonese and foreign languages like Portuguese and English respectively but not in Standard Mandarin of Mainland China.

Hey kungpao chicken , go learn English before speaking to me. Till then , **** off.

I was only talking about this guy who insulted me and my fellow Chinese people first.I m not targetting Indians as a whole.

People in the Kashmir Valley have been provided for the last 65 years, hundreds of thousands of crores in subsidised cheap food (perhaps cheapest in the world), subsidised firewood, subsidised salts, subsidised pesticides for orchards, subsidised agricultural pursuits, cheaper feeds for animals, liberal loans for training in professional colleges outside the state (never returned), huge subsidies for establishment of industrial units, liberal loans for housing and so on.

There is hardly any sphere of life where people of Kashmir do not get preferential treatment. The population of the state is just 0.4% of the country yet it received 2.7% of the national development outlay. Five Year Plans are being totally financed by the Centre, as also assistance for staff salaries. While in other parts of the country various states are getting central assistance as 30 percent grants and 70 percent loans, Jammu and Kashmir is among the most favoured parts where Central assistance is being given as 90 percent grants and 10 percent as loan.

In the country as a whole, over 15 percent people are house-less but in the Kashmir Valley every family has got a proper house of its own. Such huge sums of money have been pumped into the Kashmir Valley to the neglect of other two regions during all these years that they have resulted in regional imbalances and regional tension within the state.

Insurgency and terrorism have not affected the prosperity of the Muslims of the Kashmir Valley. In fact, their prosperity has increased due to their having taken away immovable assets and agricultural property as also business establishments of the Hindus worth thousands of crores of rupees. Massive loans taken from financial institutions have not been returned. No taxes or Government dues are paid in the Valley. Electricity charges, water bills, telephone bills, sales tax bills, sales tax, excise duty nothing is paid to the Central Government.

Now, if some misguided Kasmiris and birdbrains like SAS Gilani and Co of the Hurriyat want ‘independence’, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the devastating financial effect on Kashmir and Kashmiris and their quality of life. For the 2% of Kashmiris who want to merge with Pakistan, they should ask themselves whether Pakistan can afford to give all these freebies to the Kashmiris that amount to thousands of crores a year as subsidies.

The Kashmiris who insist on independence or a merger with Pakistan must ask themselves whether they are better off in India? There would be no more freebies and subsidies. The crutches that they have been dependent upon for decades will be gone resulting in the further disintegration of the state due to civil unrest and discontent. Pakistan would be hard put to control the chaos that would ensue. In other words, another nightmare for Pakistan seeing that Waziristan and Balochistan are on the boil.

Religion can feed the soul, but it cannot put more food on the table.

Very bad article mate. The separatist bait was taken.

The separatist narrative denounces exactly this attitude of the saffron brigade as colonialist. In fact it is colonialist.

The fact is that Kashmir can survive as an independent country. There is no point in stupidly arguing that Kashmiris(especially those from the valley) are moochers. It might sound like another reason to claim Kashmir. But you will sound just like an a**hole. After all the separatists are not asking their bills to be paid off. They just want out so that they can manage their economy.

J&K is facing tough time with the insurgency and trouble. If political expediency calls for certain allocations of resources then so be it. You cannot claim that Kashmir should belong to India because India pays its bills. J&K belongs to India because it just does.

In Macau and Hongkong, you will get your work done in Cantonese and foreign languages like Portuguese and English respectively but not in Standard Mandarin of Mainland China.

that can be true,but Mandarin is catching on fast.

I was only talking about this guy who insulted me and my fellow Chinese people first.I m not targetting Indians as a whole.

Hey , I insulted you because you are a regular troll in many Indian threads.

The fact is that Kashmir can survive as an independent country.
How so? Do you even know what it takes for a landlocked country that depends only on tourism to be a viable state? You don't! Go do some research first before blabbering.
After all the separatists are not asking their bills to be paid off. They just want out so that they can manage their economy.
Oh? And how would they manage their economy? What economy? Tourism?
You cannot claim that Kashmir should belong to India because India pays its bills.
I don't think that was meant? He was just listing out the problems that the Kashmiris would face in the absence of doles - which amount to millions of dollars.

Hey , I insulted you because you are a regular troll in many Indian threads.
this forum is not yours and anyone can voice their opinions,if you don't watch your mouth,don't expect other people watch theirs.

How so? Do you even know what it takes for a landlocked country that depends only on tourism to be a viable state? You don't! Go do some research first before blabbering.

I don't think that was meant? He was just listing out the problems that the Kashmiris would face in the absence of doles - which amount to millions of dollars.

that's really absurd,China has more money,does it make China a legal claimant to take Kashmir against her people's own will?if that is the case, there are a least a dozen countries in China's immediate neigborhood fall under your category of neediness.

There are countries with worse geography and connectivity.

I just said what the separatists claim. I don't know their plans.

Well the article clearly wants the 'independence' activists to sit quite because they are getting doles. I just pointed out the serious flaws in the line of argument.

The problem with J&K is that a considerable number of the people there don't have a sense of belonging with India. You can shut your eyes and ears to this and keep manufacturing arguments about why J&K cannot be independent. This may make you sleep well but doesn't solve the problem. From a separatist perspective, you are just insulting Kashmiris by undermining their ability to run a state by themselves. You are yelling at the people you are supposed to convince.

That doesn't work. As I said above, you will just sound like an a**hole.

Kashmiri members here can reply to it @Armstrong @Kashmiri Nationalist@Azadkashmir @cb4 your comments needed.

Plus huge number of Kashmiris from Azad Kashmir lives in UK they can freely express their views just like Khalistani Freedom fighters in Canada & UK.

I took part in the Long March against Musharaf, I took part in PTI's Jalsa's & a few local protests on everything from saving Parks to Anti-Commercializiation Protests - I can't remember the last time I was pelted with stones, manhandled by the Police or threatened by the Government for dire consequences ! My cousins in Muzafarabad have routinely taken part in many rallies in AJK & Islamabad. I can't say the same about whatever is left of my family on the other side of the border; not since their son got shot in one of those Pro-Pakistan Protest Rallies have they protested again !

Neither I nor you need to compare AJK with IOK - There is no comparison in terms of individual freedoms ! I dunno why you bother making a case for Kashmir to begin with...do you think the other side comes here with an open mind ? :lol:

Khair they still don't get it why Kashmir will not be a part of India; they think that throwing money at the problem can solve it when it never was an economic problem to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colonialism has rubbed off on them?

No type of people want to be ruled by people who DO NOT have the same thinking as theirs! Simple which part is hard to understand maybe many of you need to study SOCIOLOGY, HUMAN GEOGRAPHY and also ANTHROPOLOGY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom