What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their response is very muted now knowing the mutiny has failed. They are in defensive mode now. The jokes about Erdogan have ended as well. The celebrations have had an abrupt end.

You are wrong... now they are going to talk how all that was a false flag attack by the evil islamist Erdo just to take over even more power in Turkey... probably all those generals and officers that are linked to this coup did it out of pure love for Erdogan. They love him so much that they actually took the his order to bring chaos to the country. They love him so much that they won't see the sun light again after they get arrested. :smitten:

People worrying so much about our democracy are talking how Islamism won over secularism in Turkey even though people from all backgrounds are against this coup and all political parties are for the unity of our nation. :wave:

Haters gonna hate no matter what...

To everyone that supported the coup and celebrated yesterday's bloodshed: keep watching, our country is ours, and if you want it so badly come and get it yourselves instead of using pathetic proxies. You will end up in the same place they have or soon will: either the graves or the dungeons

It still is. One of the most economically successful countries in the modern world. A country that under an Islamist government has changed itself to major power status in 10 years.

Oh, yes. I forgot, they don't worship western values like the slaves of the Indian sub-continent. I guess that's what makes them 'backward'.
very well put. obviously he has never visited Turkey

Funny reading anti Erdogan conspiracy theories. He plotted the whole thing joke of the century.

Army illegally tries to take control and you expect the population to sit at home and watch TV hoping their democratically elected choice is undermined and thrown in the trash.

Respect to the Turkish public and shame on these rogues for using deadly force on unarmed civilians.

No I disagree. The military in Syria is with Assad because he continues to enjoy significant support within Syria. As long as that continues the military will stay in support. The Sunni Syrians are opposed to Assad. In Turkey Erdogan enjoys general support amongst the population from which the military is recruited from.

This is a complex military/civilian power dynamics) but intersting subject which we can discuss in another thread sometime.

Nope, I repeat again, IF THE COUP PLOTTERS ENJOYED THE FULL SUPPORT OF THE MILITARY THEN ERDOGAN WILL BE HISTORY BY NOW. Doesn't matter whether the people wanted him or not, people always come second to the military as I said before.

SISI using full military backing to depose Morsi(who was democratically elected as well) is another prove of this. :pop:

You know, i don't like Erdoğan at all, i would very like to see him gone from the power. But, not like this. 5 Generals shouldn't outcast the will of 80 million people.

Also, i'm very saddened by the fight among the brothers.....Turks fighting and killing Turks.

And what is this guy doing, seriously? This has been on Twitter for a while. It has been said he is talking about the secular people.

http://www.cumhuriyet.com.tr/video/video_haber/568438/Cihatcilar_elinde_silahla_sokaga_cikti.html

He looks like Taliban in Afghanistan.

I understand the coup attempt was tactically wrong (and morally wrong, if done by the theocrat in exile), but, why do the Turkish people let these kind of religious fanatics humiliate and revenge the Army because they lost their madrassas, khalifa and religious titles under Ataturk's reforms/revolution?

Declare it an islamic nation and be a economic powerhouse like Pakistan or a heaven of freedom like Saudi Arabia !

That's seems to be the route for Turkey as the narrative is turning to Seculars vs. Islamists. Although 'the Islamist theocrat in exile supported the coup' narrative does not suit the bill, under propaganda, anything is possible.

What is happening now seems to be that Islamists are in full revenge against the 90 years of the secular Republic.

Erdogan had no fear going on a plane and flying around Turkey.If you suspect a fraction of your Armed Forces to be against you,you won't do that because you fear atleast a few rogue F16's or some officers commanding some AA missiles to fire at you.He knew he was in no danger.
Can he not have fear? Politics is his whole life, he would not allow for himself to be shamed and ruined by fleeing. Your argument is based on thinking that people are not willing to die or standup for what they believe in.

Btw they had good Air Force guys in the air too.

Also the coup plotters didn't have full military support so planning would be not that easy especially since all of these guys are under heavy surveillance.

Just because something failed doesn't mean it was an inside job.

I am sorry for you that Erdo is not gone. :partay:

Last edited:
You are wrong... now they are going to talk how all that was a false flag attack by the evil islamist Erdo just to take over even more power in Turkey... probably all those generals and officers that are linked to this coup did it out of pure love for Erdogan. They love him so much that they actually took the his order to bring chaos to the country. They love him so much that they won't see the sun light again after they get arrested. :smitten:

People worrying so much about our democracy are talking how Islamism won over secularism in Turkey even though people from all backgrounds are against this coup and all political parties are for the unity of our nation. :wave:

Haters gonna hate no matter what...

Fun to see how far these people are willing to go with their conspiracies to prove how right they are. I'm enjoying it.

i have to say that after the celebrations of a coup by non Turkish members the very same members are now saying it was a Erdogan's own self inflicted wound! how low can these hypocrites sink?

Whats even funnier is many of the people suggesting it is false flag would go all PC on any individual who would suggest that 9/11 or 7/7 were inside jobs. The 'orientalist' mindset exists well and truly to this day. ("of course only the lesser creatures in the east could conceive doing something so treacherous. The mighty west with its greater morals cannot do something like this" mindset) Big respect to the Turks yesterday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom