What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Erdogan would have supported you in NSG, You'd be all in love for him right now...I understand yours and your fellow Indian pain in a 2100 posts here..!
Your inability to see past India and Pakistan is your problem not mine. Nothing I have said has been informed from an Indian perspective at ALL.

This is a right vs wrong discussion but Erdogan is a self-styled Islamic Sultan who gave Pakistan the odd lollipop so you guys are eager to show your support for him, right?

Welcome to my ignore list.

2800 soldiers arrested including some officers ( those that didn't run away to Greece) and they all sacrificed themselves on erdogans orders to what give him more power while the other military brass and top heads sat their let this happen. That's the conspiracy theory. Good lord. This is on illuminate controls the world and ww2 was staged by them level of conspiracy.

Your inability to see past India and Pakistan is your problem not mine. Nothing I have said has been informed from an Indian perspective at ALL.

This is a right vs wrong discussion but Erdogan is a self-styled Islamic Sultan who gave Pakistan the odd lollipop so you guys are eager to show your support for him, right?

Self-styled Islamic Sultan Declared by Some Random Indian..!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36809083

Both of the main bridges in the Turkish city of Istanbul have been closed by security forces, reports say.

Traffic has been stopped from crossing both the Bosphorus and Fatih Sultan Mehmet bridges, but no reasons have been given.

There are also reports of military aircraft flying over the capital Ankara, with gunshots heard.

It is unclear if the events are related and there has been no official information so far on the deployments.

- Confirmed as a possible Coup. Sad sad day!

CnbgQCHWcAAbZe-.jpg

CnbjDF8XEAAkiyY.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara
Cne8WQZWEAA22Mq.jpg

People should not blame all soldiers in coup plot, many of them are average mehmets doing military service. Of course they must go through questioning to find out information on coup plotters.

Turkish war ship seized in Golcuk naval base: Greek army source
2016/07/16 15:55:47 / NO 105147

Turkish war ship seized in Golcuk naval base - Greek army source

A Turkish group opposed to the government has taken over a frigate at Turkey’s Golcuk naval base and the head of the Turkish fleet is being held hostage, a senior Greek military source told Reuters on Saturday.

Earlier, Turkey asked Greece to return eight soldiers who fled there in a helicopter, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Twitter. The soldiers are believed to have fled hours after a military faction attempted to overthrow the government.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan sent a mass text message to Turkish mobile phones on Saturday imploring Turks to “stand up” for democracy and peace.

The message which came from “RT ERDOGAN” and was signed with his full name, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, also called on people to take to the streets against a “narrow cadre”.

161 people have been killed in the coup attempt against the government on Saturday, with 2,839 soldiers now detained on suspicion of involvement according to Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.

Yildirim, speaking outside his Cankaya palace in Ankara and flanked by top general Hulusi Akar who was held during the coup attempt, also described the putsch bid as a “black stain” on Turkish democracy. He added that 1,440 people had been wounded.

What if turkish members start calling Modi a genocidal Hindu Extremist ? and start advising indians to bring back Secular indian congress into the government for the sake of Indian secular values ? I guess you will be the first one to defend the honor of Modi Ji despite you being the faithful servant and loyal subject of Her Majesty's country. So cut the hypocrisy.

I don't quite understand how the coup worked.Straffing the Parliament building at night ,while members weren't there ? For what ? Closing bridges instead of going directly for Erdogan and the PM ? Than soldiers just giving up.......I think this was a false flag by Erdogan.He knew some officers were unhappy and baited them.

More and more info is revealing.

Erdoğan was staying in a hotel in Marmaris. But when he heared the news, he left the hotel with a helicopter....After from some time of his departure, commandos arrived at the hotel via transport helicopters and raided the hotel. Gunfire broke between police and commandos. 2 police officers got killed and 8 wounded. Commandos then left.

You might wanna ask why in the first place they didn't raid the hotel....but that is a very long story, how coup evolved.

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/iste-darbe-girisiminin-perde-arkasi-gundem-2278859/

Turkey will now become an official Islamic state.

Nope, I repeat again, IF THE COUP PLOTTERS ENJOYED THE FULL SUPPORT OF THE MILITARY THEN ERDOGAN WILL BE HISTORY BY NOW. Doesn't matter whether the people wanted him or not, people always come second to the military as I said before.

SISI using full military backing to depose Morsi(who was democratically elected as well) is another prove of this. :pop:

You are wrong and you know it. The people of Turkey proved it yesterday. If the people rise up the military doesn't matter. In Egypt the people didn't rise up. Hence no problems for Sisi.

Turkey will now become an official Islamic state.

I know it is sour grapes for Israel. We haven't forgotten flotilla.

Notice the US view. From the very beginning they refused to condemn the coup. Issuing vague statements like 'both parties must show restraint' and 'avoid bloodshed' , rather than an immediate condemnation of the attempt to remove a democratically elected government.

The US media constantly spread rumors about Erdogan fleeing abroad, or seeking asylum in Germany.

Also, the BBC still giving reports of the coup still continuing, while showing pictures of disarmed soldiers being held by the police.

The ranks of the 8 soldiers have been confirmed. 3 Majors, 3 Captains and 2 First Sergeants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom