What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you decided on that with 15 second selfie ?

I did not. But the comments mentioned it. What I see is a civilian person with long beard and Islamic attire holding a gun and saying something about the laic.

It cannot be generalized to the entire people, but, even this single image would be disturbing to many who hold a high idea and respect for Turkish revolutionary ideas like myself.

I do not support the coup, I did not like what I have seen so far. I would like to see the government go, but, democratically. I am just wondering if this instance will be used to revenge the Army as a historical revolutionary/founding entity.

:undecided::rofl::frown:
They did that in Egypt too during Morsi's ransacking. No surprise. They have found a new method to install puppets. Elected regimes that don't adhere to their dictation are ideally replaced by dictatorial regimes by turning a blind eye, but by providing blatant moral support. Yesterday was very choreographed into the details.

John Kerry's response will go in the history books. Boy, what a terrible and blatant statement to make. A dead give away.
Yes SISI was installed by the U.S/U.K/NATO.:rofl:

Does anyone know what the NATO protocol is on defectors from a fellow NATO country if there are any?

Regarding the judges,
"About judge removals: There were 7604 judges in Turkey, 2745 (~36%) of whom are removed from duty."

This action was taken extremely fast, meaning there was a list somewhere with all their names on it, and looking to put this action into place.

Could this action be one of the major consequences coming out of this attempted coup?

Yes, this list appeared pretty quickly. Perhaps this is a list from the plotters and the government got hold of it.

No way they could have worked it out for themselves so quickly.

Coups don't happen in nations like Egypt, Turkey, etc without covert external agenda.

They planned to use these missiles (t-300) against the people! This place is a gas station in Ankara!
R3zjB7.jpg
the seriousness of this coup d'etat are now coming to light and it was very scary. Glad it ended quick

Turkey Military Coup Facts

Deaths: 250 people (according to The Guardian) Injuries: 1440+ people

According to Turkeys primary Chief of Staff, the coup was against President Erdogans government. Mainly launched by troops from the Turkish Air Force and Gendarmerie.

The coup is now over according to Erdogan.

The Turkish Government have removed 2745 judges from their profession.

A quick cleansing will do fine.

Who told you the people in Egypt didn't protest against SISI taking over power? There pro morsi supporters who are out were brutally suppressed and killed lol. While pro coup backers calmly supported the coup. the same would have happened in Turkey, as pro choice pup plotters supporters and anti coup supporters would have come out , then after a wile both would have come to terms with the new reality i.e a successful coup fait accompli. Just like morsi supporters had to accept the new reality. lol

If the few coup plotters were backed by the entire Turkish military you really believe ERDOGAN will still be in power?lol

The Egyptian uprising wasn't as spontaneous and organized as we saw yesterday. You support and cooperate with Sisi. He is a good dictator. Not a a bad one.

A lot of ifs... That is not how the world works. Your argument regarding the army being more powerful than the people has been debunked yesterday.

Dreams? I'm pretty sure it was reality LOL

Virtual reality. Can seem very real. LOL

The difference with the Egyptian uprising (second one) is that they rose to remove Islamists.

Turks basically have just become Islamist.

Egypt progressing, Turkey regressing.

I suspect that in the future the western part of Turkey will split from East. This is what will happen across the middle east as civilisation cannot exist with political Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom