What's new

Somali Pirates Say They Are At " War With India "

Intelligence and local support cant be gained in this case. The pirates hail from fishing hamlets all along Somalian coast where virtually no law exists.

Get the hostages back at any cost even if releasing the prisoners. Then station few war ships along the Somali coast and take out anything that moves.. Bring it to them without any loss of innocent lives. Take them out and take them all.

I admit, but stationing few ships in somalian water coast is only short term measure, we cannot keep our ships for long, this is a long term thing, pirates will be there for long. We should look for long term solutions, that is remove these weeds all out, get local support with help of government, help their navy or coast guard, by providing some ships, training etc. Get in and kill the main think tans for the pirates.

I am all for special forces operations against these scumbags but only till our beloved leaders decide that we should gift the Somalis some lovely things like democracy and freedom just like Uncle SAm.

Somalia has a long coast line, it will be difficult each and every ship and pirates operates in small dinghy like ships. So what is required is a combined patrolling by IN with GCC Navy's and some African countries Navies. A coordinated approach is required with covert operations in the bad lands.

Guys, I tell you it is exactly opposite than it looks.
Looks like, India is in a process of winding up.

I admit, but stationing few ships in somalian water coast is only short term measure, we cannot keep our ships for long, this is a long term thing, pirates will be there for long. We should look for long term solutions, that is remove these weeds all out, get local support with help of government, help their navy or coast guard, by providing some ships, training etc. Get in and kill the main think tans for the pirates.

Dude there is no good government or a navy of any sort in Somalia... read again its Somalia... You cant go offensive against a group of poor people living in the coast without knowing who is pirate or not..

We already have got a listening port in Madagaskar , so we need to uprgrade it to a naval anti piracy fleet. Even the navies of the SAARC like Pakistan , Srilanka and Bangladesh can be welcomed as it is of common interest.

The northern side @ Yemen side has to be taken care by Arab states like UAE ( who had an operation against them very recently) and other arab countries.

Take them as it comes without pirate capturing any ships to bargain is the only solution.

You can do a commando operation and free the hostages and kill few. But they keep coming back like cockroaches.. take them all slowly so that they stop doing this and do maybe fishing for livelihood again.

I think China would have reacted better than India...Damn our Politicians...

I think China would have reacted better than India...Damn our Politicians...

Politicians are not trained in warfare. This is not the jobs of the politicians. All they can do is say to the people concerned is to "find a solution" or at the most say "kill them all" ... if he is that much brave.

International laws and obligation's does not allow it,we cannot enter Somalian waters,local support is also not possible because the local support(costal somalia)is completely involved in it,and if u r not aware Somalian govt does not control Somalia,it is such a lawless area that even Somalian govt operates from Nairobi,anyway because of all this people even declaring war against them is not a possibility,against whom we r going on war with,a group of desperate people living in destitution attacking from small fishing boats.

The-Indian-Navy-captures-of-61-Somali-pirates.jpg

this was last photo when Indian navy captured those guys... 61 of them.....

u1_indianofficer230_020711093655.jpg

wor_pirates.jpg

t1larg-india-pirates-feb10-gi-afp.jpg

prantaley_11_somali_pirates_ins_tir.jpg

Good job India :cheers:. You guys did the global community a favour. These pirates are becoming more and more parasitic by the day. They have to be delt with harshly, otherwise they simply will not learn. Pirates must be joking when they say they are at war with India :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most other countries are not willing to join India against this menace, I think india has to look after its own interests. Keep its ships & personnel lives safe in this place, have to negotiate some sort of agreement with these guys, have to find a way to deal with these bunch of bandits. Not only they are kidnapping but they are venturing into India's coastal waters, this will be a bigger problem, if we can't defend our own backyard. Can become ideal ground for one another 26/11. If India cannot deal with this mess, it will send wrong signal to international community and our supporting countries, that we are unable to protect our own interests from small group of bandits, how can we protect our own and our allied countries....

Most other countries are willing to join this fight, I think india has to look after its own interests. Keep its ships & personnel lives safe in this place, have to negotiate some sort of agreement with these guys, have to find a way to deal with these bunch of bandits. Not only they are kidnapping but they are venturing into India's coastal waters, this will be a bigger problem, if we can't defend our own backyard. Can become ideal ground for one another 26/11. If India cannot deal with this mess, it will send wrong signal to international community and our supporting countries, that we are unable to protect our own interests from small group of bandits, how can we protect our own and our allied countries....

Better late than never.. anyway news of fast mining vehicles and fast attack boats and the announcement of naval academy and coast guard training stations in the west coast is a clear sign that we are into it.

It is the responsibility of everyone who uses those sea lanes to protect it. It is not India's job alone to tackle these problems. The pirates had it too easy and think they can continue to help themselves to free meals. China and India will give them something to think about.

They do get around don't they. They're getting ever so close to Mumbai and Karachi. We need some sort of joint patrol force with the Arab states, India, Sri-Lanka and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom