What's new

Soma Coal Mine Disaster | News and Discussion

According to some reports there are 125 death so far. Just horrible.

Casualty figures have supposedly crossed 157 according to reports.
RIP the unfortunate victims, may the maximum number of survivors be rescued.

RIP for the departed.
May God give the survivors strength to survive the ordeal and perseverance to the rescue team to find their brothers.

Not many people realise, but shaft mining is one of the most hazardous working place. Those men , who go down hundreds of feet into the belly of the earth, are really brave people and perform a thankless job everyday.

And the worst part is safety issues are many times overlooked due to funds crunch or an unwilling government/organisation who places utmost importance on tonnage of coal excavated instead on safety. Sad but true.

2hp7vrb.jpg

the pic above taken from twitter account of TBMM( Turkish parliement), It says the proposal by the opposition party to investigate soma mine area is rejected in april 29 (by the akp members).

Last edited:
Cole mining need to get a better technology how to mitigate this kind of loss . we always hear this kind of incident that miner trapped or killed inside mine . my condolence for the family member.

I'm listening to NTV. They say, we are the worst in the world in miner deaths....

For 1 million tonnes of coal, we give 7 deaths.
Chinese gives 1
America is like 0.01

I wish condolences and perseverance to the families. For the ones that have fallen, may Tengri give them eternal rest, and strength to the their families that are left behind. I'm curious how AKP will deal with this fiasco. I hope they won't brush it under the carpet but own up their mistakes.

I guaranty those guys were down there because they had mouths to feed (single guys won't do this type of work). I hope the government makes sure the company takes care of those families.

I guaranty those guys were down there because they had mouths to feed (single guys won't do this type of work). I hope the government makes sure the company takes care of those families.

There was just a mine collapse in West Virginia a few days ago. I have a lot of respect for miners.

Back
Top Bottom