What's new

"SOM" cruise missile goes Serial Production

The aricle states that he SOM is in the inventory of the armed forces; is this true?

fuze.jpg

Atm the range of the cruilse missle is 200km

Next step is 500 km range (capability exists)

the ultimate range will be 2500 km told Nihat Ergün.

Yerli fzede menzil hedefimiz 500 km - Hrriyet EKONOM
Looks like a really deadly Missile Good Turkey keep going

Great going turkey.:tup: Hope to see rapid rise of Turkey's high end manufacturing capability. But this missiles are only compatible with US platforms aren't they?

Possibly it is bigger than 200 km, Turkey is one of the signers of MTCR you know. We also want to export this missile, talks are still going on with UAE. Turkish defence magazine S&H claims SOM has range nearly 350 km.

Does MTCR limit turkey's development of missile more than 300Km? South Koreans can't make missiles more than 300 Km without US permission for some reason. Is this related to MTCR?

Great going turkey.:tup: Hope to see rapid rise of Turkey's high end manufacturing capability. But this missiles are only compatible with US platforms aren't they?

Does MTCR limit turkey's development of missile more than 300Km? South Koreans can't make missiles more than 300 Km without US permission for some reason. Is this related to MTCR?

I don't know what aggrement limits South Korean missile program but as I know MTCR only limits export of missiles and UAVs.

Missile Technology Control Regime This might help.

And about the US platforms thing, we can integrate SOM to every platform, of course with a little help from platform's producer. You need source codes etc. for integrating a new missile to a whole new plane.

Rear end is very alike, wing with similar configuration, more or less the same size, even nose has particular resemblance

Oh come on!

These are missiles for God's sake! They must look like each other.

Rear end is very alike, wing with similar configuration, more or less the same size, even nose has particular resemblance

156zf2u.jpg

Turkey should've copied it, just like the ANKA and their other stuffs...

I dont think it is copy, i just find similarities, the core technology is in the core

Well, in this case differences outnumber similarities like... 10 to 1

anyway, I still think you have a perceptive eye :)

I dont think it is copy, i just find similarities, the core technology is in the core

Since the first turbojet aircraft to fly was the Heinkel He 178, which had wings, a turbo engine, a tail...etc, all following aircrafts must be a copy of it. :disagree:

This is a lame logic, I think this cruise missile in particular has a unique shape, from the curves that give it stealth boost to the exposed guidance system on the front.

Back
Top Bottom