What's new

Soldiers killed in action are not martyrs. ‘Martyr’ has religious overtones, writes Karan Thapar

And IF You had bothered to read what I wrote, You would have noticed that
I did not comment about Hinduism.
I agreed with the proposed Indian view that a soldier beeing killed in war,
is not really a martyr.

Muslims may choose to honour soldiers fighting for Islam.
Still not Martyrdom, and should not be called as such.

Please do not drag Jesus into this.
Not only did he not fight war, he was against wars.
When he was arrested by the Romans, he did not want violent resistance.
He also insisted on if someone smashed him in the face,
the proper reaction is to turn the cheek, to give the perpetrator a second chance.

Soldiers become soldiers with the intention to break the Law of Moses.
What part of "Thou shalt not kill" you fail to understand?
Soldiers are PUNISHED by their experience.
70 years after the end of WW2 Soldiers fighting a JUST war against Nazism,
still wake up screaming from nightmares.

The idea that soldiers, breaking the law of Moses, will be rewarded, I find ludicrous.

You have read my post but you didn't understand.

Let me explain, and start with the simpler ones:

1). "Thou shall not kill" does not apply to a "war" or a "jihad with Sword". It applies to murder in a human society. Therefore, soldiers DO NOT break the law of Moses - you need to understand this and have some lateral thinking.
Also, the law of Moses Shariah does not apply to ALL the soldiers; for example, those who fought in WWII. They merely obeyed the command of their seniors, whose idea was German Nationalism. Moses law does not cover this.

2). You did not comment about Hinduism, I did. The reason I did was to clarify the misconceptions created by @gslv mk3 - read my post again.

3). I DID NOT, again - I DID NOT drag Hazrat Issa (Jesus) into anything. It your own misinterpretation of my post. In Islam he is a Prophet - like all others - and I am no one to drag him any where. I am only to respect him, like all other Prophets. Having said this, in your zeal, you have missed the point here as well. Read my post again. I have merely commented on the continuity of Abrahmic Law (Shariah), which has never changed; from Prophet Abraham, to Prophet Moses, to Prophet Jesus, to Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon all of them). And I never stated that Jesus fought any war - read my post again.

4). You have also not understood the meaning of SHAHADAT - which is different from martyrdom. Read my post again, the para on explanation of the concept of SHAHADAT.

The concept and the word that is being flaunted shamelessly in Hindu-stan is Islamic.

You can come back and quote which other s emetic people had a close enough impact on Mother India
to produce this bastardy behavior.

Lol half of what India does, says and is; is of Islamic influence of Muslims of the subcontinent. We ruled this land for a 1000 years. From Taj Mahal to gulab jaman, from Urdu(aka what they are trying to make into hindi) to classical music in it's glorious form is because of Islamic influence. These Hindus are real ungrateful schmucks

You have read my post but you didn't understand.

Let me explain, and start with the simpler ones:

1). "Thou shall not kill" does not apply to a "war" or a "jihad with Sword". It applies to murder in a human society. Therefore, soldiers DO NOT break the law of Moses - you need to understand this and have some lateral thinking.
Also, the law of Moses Shariah does not apply to ALL the soldiers; for example, those who fought in WWII. They merely obeyed the command of their seniors, whose idea was German Nationalism. Moses law does not cover this.

2). You did not comment about Hinduism, I did. The reason I did was to clarify the misconceptions created by @gslv mk3 - read my post again.

3). I DID NOT, again - I DID NOT drag Hazrat Issa (Jesus) into anything. It your own misinterpretation of my post. In Islam he is a Prophet - like all others - and I am no one to drag him any where. I am only to respect him, like all other Prophets. Having said this, in your zeal, you have missed the point here as well. Read my post again. I have merely commented on the continuity of Abrahmic Law (Shariah), which has never changed; from Prophet Abraham, to Prophet Moses, to Prophet Jesus, to Prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon all of them). And I never stated that Jesus fought any war - read my post again.

4). You have also not understood the meaning of SHAHADAT - which is different from martyrdom. Read my post again, the para on explanation of the concept of SHAHADAT.

(1) The law of Moses is short and to the point.
It does not mention any exceptions.

(2) OK, not adressed to me.

(3) Not only did Jesus not fight wars, he was against wars, even to defend the faith.

(4) That is what I am saying. What Muslims call Martyrdom, is mostly not.

What is even funnier is Hindu-stanis calling their dead as "shaheed"

Which is an Arabic word, and of strictly Islamic heritage.
That is what you should expect from a race inflicted with severe inferiority complex which is an intrinsic part of their DNA structure.

You can take the hindu out of inferiority but you cannot take inferiority out of the hindu.

The idea that soldiers, breaking the law of Moses, will be rewarded, I find ludicrous.

I suppose no reward for Joshua then , he clearly broke the law of Moses , when he committed genocide against the Canaanites, women and children included

I suppose you find this ludicrous ?

1 Samuel 15:2–3 (ESV)
2 Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

Deuteronomy 2:34 (ESV)
34 And we captured all his cities at that time and devoted to destruction every city, men, women, and children. We left no survivors.

6 But in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes, 17 but you shall devote them to complete destruction, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, as the Lord your God has commanded, 18 that they may not teach you to do according to all their abominable practices that they have done for their gods, and so you sin against the Lord your God.

I suppose no reward for Joshua then , he clearly broke the law of Moses , when he committed genocide against the Canaanites, women and children included

I suppose you find this ludicrous ?

1 Samuel 15:2–3 (ESV)
2 Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

Deuteronomy 2:34 (ESV)
34 And we captured all his cities at that time and devoted to destruction every city, men, women, and children. We left no survivors.

6 But in the cities of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance, you shall save alive nothing that breathes, 17 but you shall devote them to complete destruction, the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites, as the Lord your God has commanded, 18 that they may not teach you to do according to all their abominable practices that they have done for their gods, and so you sin against the Lord your God.

You make the assumption that just because God commands someone to break
the 10 commandments he will not punish them?
Is there something special in the history of mankind and God
which makes You believe that God is fair?

Joshua could also be "Teachers Pet" and get away with things others would be punished for.
Could be a benefit from the deal made with God.

A large part of the Old Testament is really not verified but yet you treat it as facts...

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom