What's new

Soldier who spent 4 months in Pakistan captivity wants to quit Indian Army

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Soldier who spent 4 months in Pakistan captivity wants to quit Indian Army
Chavan, who is now under observation in the psychiatry ward at Military Hospital, Khadki, has written a letter to his seniors seeking a premature discharge from duties, multiple sources said.

Updated: May 21, 2018 11:51 IST
MUM_Yogesh%20Joshi-k5lG-U20692508282xIF-250x250%40HT-Web.JPG

Yogesh Joshi
Hindustan Times, Pune

_e3f3c3e4-5c3e-11e8-b431-73159b4b09e2.jpg

The 24-year-old had strayed into Pakistan on September 29, 2016, the day India conducted surgical strikes on the terror launch pads across the LoC. The strikes were in retaliation to an attack by suspected Pakistani militants on a camp in Uri that killed 19 soldiers 11 days earlier. (HT PHOTO)

More than 18 months after he crossed the line of control (LoC) into Pakistan and was captured, Indian soldier sepoy Chandu Chavan has expressed his desire to quit the Indian Army.

Chavan, who is now under observation in the psychiatry ward at Military Hospital, Khadki, has written a letter to his seniors seeking a premature discharge from duties, multiple sources said.

The 24-year-old had strayed into Pakistan on September 29, 2016, the day India conducted surgical strikes on the terror launch pads across the LoC. The strikes were in retaliation to an attack by suspected Pakistani militants on a camp in Uri that killed 19 soldiers 11 days earlier.

Four months later, Chavan was handed over to India.

After returning to India, Chavan faced a court of inquiry and served a sentence for leaving camp with weapons while not informing superiors. Later, he was sent to the Armoured Corps Centre and School, Ahmednagar.

Around three weeks ago, Chavan was sent to the Military hospital by his unit, citing that he needs to be “observed for some days” for behavioural issues.

From the hospital, Chavan wrote a letter to his seniors seeking discharge from his duties.

“I have been here at the Military Hospital’s psychiatry ward since the last 20 days. Three days ago, I wrote letters to my seniors requesting them to relieve me from duty as it has become very taxing for me after whatever happened some time ago,” Chavan said, referring to his captivity under the Pakistan Army.

According to Chavan, he would like to lead a normal life once he gets relieved from the Army.

An email to the defence PRO seeking response on Chavan’s letter went unanswered, while an official from the Southern Command headquarters said she would need time to get back with details.

Sources at the Military Hospital said Chavan underwent some tests, the reports of which were normal and he would be discharged in a day or two.

After his return from Pakistan, Chavan, who hails from Bohrivir village of Dhule district, looked “incoherent”. After his return, he served in Jammu and Kashmir and was later sentenced for 89 days as a part of disciplinary action for his “mistake”.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...indian-army/story-4KRuq9IVHRrcWiWqauCFqN.html

Surgic strike.....still that crap

It's clear that he returned to India sound and in good health the subsequent punishments have resulted in him losing heart and wants nothing to do with the Indians

What next after taking off from Indian army, he'll apply to join Pak army.

BS Propaganda

Its one of those projected Media articles.

Back
Top Bottom