What's new

So I got married in February

This maybe a random unrelated question but in general, would Pakistani guys living abroad prefer girls raised in Pak or raised abroad like US, Canada, EU etc?

I know it all boils down to one's personal preference but which way do the stats incline!1

Depends on the person really. I married from Pakistan but I consider myself quite traditional and could easily get on with someone from a Pakistani background. I have plenty on common, in fact my wife considers me the pendu in the relationship... Lol i wear it as a matter of pride.

Of course the same could be true for a wife from the UK. I could just as easily got along with someone from the UK. Its about shared values.

For example Any woman I married has to be a mum to my kids first and foremost. I couldn't have gone through life with a career woman. Thus isn't misogyny, its what I wanted. I was blessed to have a full time mum, even if it meant dad doing double shifts. I'm lucky to earn plenty, I didn't want my kids being raised by daycare.

For some people it's harder to marry from abroad. Lots of overseas Pakistanis don't have the same cultural ties, don't speak the language, it makes it harder.

Certainly language barrier was tricky in my marriage. We communicated fine but it took years for my wife to actively engage in British society. Stuff like running her own errands, sorting out appointments. Initially there was an expectation that I'd just do all that. Getting a part time job and learning to drive really helped.

We shared more culturally too when she gave up urdu digests and Bollywood bakwas and started watching normal TV with me.

There is no one size fits all and no perfect model. My experience has had its own challenges and rewards, but if after a lifetime you can still stand the sight of each other, you've done ok... Lol

She can’t cook shit, and is worthless except for her green tea. But even a baboon can boil water, so go figure.
Please don't take this the wrong way, as I am as guilty of this in the past as anyone else but.... It is not if the sunnah to criticise your spouse publicly. RasoolAllah (saws) spoke against it.

Many people do it in jest, but we shouldn't.

I got married to my cousin from Pakistan, we have 12 year age gap

alhamduillia she is the best wife and we have 3 kids, 2 boys and one girl

I would not have it any there way, alhamdulliah for me Pakistan was best choice, she is from Attock in Pakistan

I would also recommended other from UK to do the same

I was engaged 2 times in UK never again

Thats my experience for you

Back
Top Bottom