What's new

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk

With all of its capabilities and options available,I,d say a good combat proven lightweight multirole fighter aircraft.

Definitely not for Indians...

Well it's potential to cause anal pain

Denel, do you think the A Darter has been compromised by the Gupta Indians?Do you think Denel can sell a SAM-system based on the A-darter? thanks in advance
When they tried to create a proxy called VR Laser/Denel Asia; that marked the end of their high flying. They are completely gone and thankfully they never got anything; the wretched bastards had a chommy Mr Mody's advisor they wanted to give cuts of deals as well.
No more. Every defence company has put out whistleblowing notes to report any notion of anyone trying to act on behalf of any of these companies. They were thinking they could get away with it; well wait until authorities deport them from Dubai where they are supposed to be holding out. Hence there is a good sized reward for anything leading to their arrest.

When they tried to create a proxy called VR Laser/Denel Asia; that marked the end of their high flying. They are completely gone and thankfully they never got anything; the wretched bastards had a chommy Mr Mody's advisor they wanted to give cuts of deals as well.
No more. Every defence company has put out whistleblowing notes to report any notion of anyone trying to act on behalf of any of these companies. They were thinking they could get away with it; well wait until authorities deport them from Dubai where they are supposed to be holding out. Hence there is a good sized reward for anything leading to their arrest.
In its recent annual report, Denel listed Pakistan as one of 10 markets where it will have an office. I guess it's a sign of serious efforts now to market the A-Darter, T5-52 and other things to Pakistan?

http://admin.denel.co.za/uploads/562929802b924b923510bbcc59267a71.pdf

upload_2018-2-24_18-26-45.png

In its recent annual report, Denel listed Pakistan as one of 10 markets where it will have an office. I guess it's a sign of serious efforts now to market the A-Darter, T5-52 and other things to Pakistan?

http://admin.denel.co.za/uploads/562929802b924b923510bbcc59267a71.pdf

View attachment 455856
Absolutely, I see this as a great market for Reutech as well; they have a huge amount of state of the art capabilities which can be brought to the table. The past 9 years have been the darkest in our country and yet in a positive way gave rise to non SOE players like Paramount and Reutech who have made a name for themselves.
Vector side arms being another potential area of sales including lmgs which can bring huge benefit as well.

No sir...I believe it is not there....yet.

In terms of creature comforts such as automated ground avoidance, stall recovery and a Caucasian female voice warning before you explode, yes it is still behind. In terms of going head to head and making a kill, it is very much there, Alhamdulillah.

In terms of creature comforts such as automated ground avoidance, stall recovery and a Caucasian female voice warning before you explode, yes it is still behind. In terms of going head to head and making a kill, it is very much there, Alhamdulillah.
Weapons capability, aircraft availability, proven combat record, maintenance ease, radar, engine, performance, cockpit ergonomics, voice (can be changed....I've heard a guy's voice in the Block 40 when things were really bad). If it was really up to par, then countries would be buying the JF-17 in frequent numbers as opposed to F-16s.....just my opinion....I can be wrong....

Weapons capability, aircraft availability, proven combat record, maintenance ease, radar, engine, performance, cockpit ergonomics, voice (can be changed....I've heard a guy's voice in the Block 40 when things were really bad). If it was really up to par, then countries would be buying the JF-17 in frequent numbers as opposed to F-16s.....just my opinion....I can be wrong....
yeah, you're wrong man

Hi,

Promise less---deliver more---. The writer has written this article on the face value of the JF17---just basically written from what is available to the general public---.

So---he has been very careful in that regard as he portrays the aircraft in general terms---that he does not beat up on the ability of the machine---and up rate it higher than what he knows---.

The truth to the matter is---that this machine in its present form is far more potent and capable---the engine is powerful enough for what we need it to be under the given circumstances.

If the machine was under powered---the Paf would have found something else.

Just remember the climb at Paris air show to 5000 ft with the wheels out---and let the naysayers say whatever they want to---.

As for fighting against the larger aircraft---reader has to understand---it is not a one on one---it is one team against the other team.

The only problem with our team is that it is missing some of the heavy linebackers---.

Has Alan Warnes written a current in depth article on the JF17?????

Better than the Block 40.......that's a good one. And as good as the Block 60....I'm at loss of words.

You want a good analysis, get a test pilot to talk about it who has evaluated the aircraft. By that I mean a pilot with an aeronautical engineering background.........a think-tank will not talk much about its potential, capabilities...and where it can be improved on.
It will be when BLOCK 3 comes. Main advantage will be it will have AESA in BLOCK 3 and JHMCS and more hardpoints. But as of now it's better than BLOCK 40 and behind BLOCK 52

...a Caucasian female voice warning before you explode,...
On the F-16, we call her "Bitchin Betty". You can reprogram the JF-17's warning to have a deep operatic baritone male voice. For every missile lock, the guy can encourage the pilot with 'Inshallah' or something similar.

Because when it comes down to spending hard cash, people unwittingly raise the bar. Thunder today is a war fighter that will win an air war when use in the appropriate supporting ecosystem and in the right hands. Of course that doesn't make a good commercial fighter jet. But then again, we recently saw the F-15 in amateurish hands over Syria. Obviously Thunder is not meant for those hands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom