What's new

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk

All the best for South African people .. getting rid of a Stupid and corrupt leader , Also some members do emphasis on we should follow up S.A Electronic's for JF .
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) is there anything we can look for JF from South Africa ? apart from A-Darter
Yes, HMD/HMSD and comms which we are known for are just a few. You dont know how glad we are here to have gotten rid of those wretched parasites.
Even for the Mi-35s - Paramount has specific ones:
http://www.paramountgroup.com/media/1217/paramount-hydam-2015.pdf

Last edited:
Yes, HMDS and comms which we are known for are just a few. You dont know how glad we are here to have gotten rid of those wretched parasites.

trust me bro, we understand .. we will celebrate like you guys when we will get rid of our Corrupt politicians .

why you pasted this articleo_Osir do you accepting that this engine is for JF-17 BLK-3, o_O what a purpose of this article @My-Analogous o_O
Things for JF17 is going very fast. RD93MA already in JF17, So next thing will be upgrade of RD93MA or WS13. WS13 is also used in J31. I am looking a news from Russia about new stuff

Things for JF17 is going very fast. RD93MA already in JF17, So next thing will be upgrade of RD93MA or WS13. WS13 is also used in J31. I am looking a news from Russia about new stuff

can you Provide Source for your claim ? as far as i know JF uses RD-93, not the RD93MA .

trust me bro, we understand .. we will celebrate like you guys when we will get rid of our Corrupt politicians .
Thank you man, it is not that we dont celebrate anyone who comes to this country; but to come here and deliberately set out to mass defraud the coffers of the states and monies which are to go to poor farmers; no. then on top they had both dual nationality; India does not allow it and that is how they skipped out of here. I want them to come back and face the music; sooner or later we will get them behind bars. This included Bank of Baroda which has shutdown. ANN7 - a spin media of these wretched ones is next to go down for bogus and false news dissemination, workers at the stolen mines have downed tools; well they are good by to rubbish but first we want to get each and every cent they stole back.

Then why you pasted that useless article, without any links to RD-93/WS-13 or JF-17BLK-3 @My-Analogous :hitwall::angry:

In same article
https://hushkit.net/2016/07/24/figh...fighter-aircraft-programmes-around-the-world/

Tejas- joke or hope?

lca.jpg

Tejas, national pride over practicality?

Joke. Thirty years of development to produce an aircraft with short range, poor payload, and severe quality control issues throughout the manufacturing process leading to badly fitting structural components, slow delivery rates and high costs due to remanufacturing and alterations requirements. India would have done much better to have just bought a licence to manufacture Gripen C/D.
India would have done much better to have just bought a licence to manufacture Gripen C/D

excellent words..

I think he has analysed jf17 early models and pitched them against the latest western fighters. I think we know that this machine is capable else the Americans wouldn't have tried to get it scrapped via Zardari.

wait what ? got any link for that! it would make for an interesting read

He is right on point as of now JF-17 is better than BLOCK 40 but is behind BLOCK 52. But if we manage to bring AESA upgraded along with JHMCS and more hard points in BLOCK 3 than it would be at par with even BLOCK 60 if not better.
Better than the Block 40.......that's a good one. And as good as the Block 60....I'm at loss of words.

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk
pakistan_air_force_jf-17_thunder_flies_in_front_of_the_26660_ft_high_nanga_parbat.jpg

Created in China, perhaps based on an Russian idea, the JF-17 is solely in service with the Pakistan Air Force. Comparable in thrust and weight levels to the Swedish Gripen, the JF-17 is an intriguing design, but how effective is it? We asked Justin Bronk, from the Royal United Services Institute for his opinion.

“The JF-17 as an airframe is certainly competitive with the F-16, being slightly aerodynamically cleaner, with a lower wing loading but a less efficient engine than the F-16s latest F110-GE-129/132 engine options. In terms of pilot interface, sensor suite and weapon flexibility, the JF-17 is roughly at a par with 1990s-vintage F-16 Block 40/42 and could be close to the USAF-standard Block 50/52, although without the conformal fuel tanks, JHMCS helmet sighting system and radar upgrades which distinguish the later Block 50/52+ and AESA which equips the UAE’s Block 60/61s.”

jf-17_thunder-planform_view.jpg

How would you rate the JF-17 in terms of within-visual range (WVR) and beyond-visual range (BVR) fighter capabilities?

“WVR, equipped with the MAA-1 Piranha missile, the small and agile JF-17 will be a dangerous but not exactly world-beating opponent for existing fourth generation fighters. It is limited to +8/-3g and the current block 1 and 2 fighters do not yet have a helmet mounted sight system as standard (this is promised for block 3). The JF-17 also doesn’t have a greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio so would be at a significant disadvantage in terms of energy management against opponents such as the F-15C, Typhoon or Su-35. BVR, the KLJ-7 radar is significantly out-ranged by the F-16’s AN/APG-68 and completely outclassed by the Rafale’s AESA array, Typhoon’s CAPTOR-M and the Su-35’s monstrously powerful Irbis-E. The JF-17s small wing area and lightweight also limit its missile-carrying capacity which further disadvantages it in BVR engagements. However, it is worth remembering that the JF-17 is not really intended to take on Typhoons, Rafales, F-15s or Su-35s. It is meant to be a cheap and cheerful light multirole fighter and configured accordingly.”

jf-17-thunder-dubai-air-show-pakistan-aeronautical-complex-pacpakistan-and-china-aviation-technology-import-export-corporation-catic-paris-air-show-siplay-pakistan-air-force-paf-plaa.jpg

For the full article go here

Note: Please don't go for full article and Indian not gone a like that

https://hushkit.net/2018/01/25/so-h...-analysis-from-rusi-think-tanks-justin-bronk/
You want a good analysis, get a test pilot to talk about it who has evaluated the aircraft. By that I mean a pilot with an aeronautical engineering background.........a think-tank will not talk much about its potential, capabilities...and where it can be improved on.

Back
Top Bottom