What's new

Snow Fall in Lahore

hail/snow

SAME THING.

it has to freeze for it to fall

and the fact that something white and frozen is falling in a hot city is amazing

Here are some other areas of Pakistan that witnesses snow:

- Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan.
13732589.jpg

- Murree, Punjab Province of Pakistan.
murree787878.jpg

- Nathia Gali, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan
2255064416_c95850f84a.jpg

- Swat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan
45518189_e7af55e072.jpg

- Chitral, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan
23.jpg

- Ziarat, Balochistan Province of Pakistan
quettaziarattrip1.jpg

- And its always snowing in Gilgit-Baltistan, Federally Adminstred Areas of Pakistan.
Pakistanrooftop.jpg

Pakistan is also the home to the famous snow leapord.
species-photo-3040.jpg

Do you guys really like snow? You guys got light snow, we get like load of snow some times. This year for sure..

Sch'dy1_Feb14-07.jpg

Sch'dy2_Feb14-07.jpg

Sch'dy4_Feb14-07.jpg

snow23.jpg

You wont like it after a while.

But I love sliding when I was younger.

snow_tubing.jpg

Imagine it snowing in Miami.

It just happened in Pakistan

Correction. Pakistan sees its fair share of snow just not much in Lahore and other parts of Central/Southern Punjab and Sindh. Pakistan has all seasons.

Its rare in Lahore so people should enjoy it.

What was the recorded temperature in Lahore during the "snow fall"?

More pictures of snow in Lahore (February 2011).

snowlahoreyayy.jpg

183691_194235847263458_112712178749159_566210_3677060_n.jpg

179895_157870694268605_110914475630894_302962_2044924_n.jpg

01_02.gif

4426.gif

Brother Omer, if the min temperature never fell below 7 Celsius than how can it ever snow? It hailed there, it was not a snow fall!

* Media is reporting it incorrectly as you can see the words hail and snowfall both being used, indicating that they don't even realize there is a difference between the two.

* Just because after the hailing the ground turned white in Lahore (because of excessive hailing) and it is giving you this impression as if it snowed does not mean that it snowed.

* Again, the min temp needs to be at least below 0 in order to snow, it never went even close to it.

^ That's what I think. I'm looking at these pictures and the substance on the ground is gritty and you can tell that it's hail and not snow. I know snow when I see it, and the pictures do not show snow, snow often has a smooth texture to it, the pictures show otherwise.

Besides in order for it to snow temperature have to be at least 32 degree F or 0 degree C, that's why I was asking what temperature it is.

Some Pakistanis in Lahore don't know the difference between hail and snow so when Lahore experienced relatively moderate hail and blanketed the streets white it gave people the impression of snow.

Hail is basically ice pellets, not exactly snow.

^ Correct. If you look at pictures that are taken from a little close you can tell the texture is grainy and not fluffy like snow. I think only when the pictures are taken from a distance it is hard to tell the difference. Plus the temperature not being close to freezing is the other clear indication.

Some Pakistanis in Lahore don't know the difference between hail and snow so when Lahore experienced relatively moderate hail and blanketed the streets white it gave people the impression of snow.

Most Pakistanis in Lahore speak Punjabi and Urdu. How do you say Snow in Punjabi/Urdu = Baraf. How do you say Hail in Punjabi/Urdu = Baraf.

The important thing is that the most eastern tropical city of Pakistan located near the India -Pakistan International Border witnessed Baraf that transformed the entire city into a white winter wonderland, which was not seen anywhere in India's part of Punjab (even though Lahore is located so close to India's part of Punjab).

And Lahore looks beautiful covered in Baraf.

I am sure that people of Lahore are not arguing if its Hail or Snow, its a rare special treat for them.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom