What's new

Snow Fall in Lahore

If it's only hail or a mix of snow, sleet, whatever then media and sources need to get their facts right and stop misreporting the weather condition in Lahore.

my brother recorded a video which i would lke to share with u people .It was nothing more than hail Strom media people they just love to play with facts .Media is almost what we call a lie.

U can hear the sound of falling ollas. Snow dont fall like that .

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not a snowfall , it was hail strom and media and people are just not using the right term to say it .
Have look for useself and decide whether its snow fall or ahil strom.

183629_10150100188880938_690210937_6951306_8314360  _n.jpg

184329_10150100189710938_690210937_6951319_979634_  n.jpg

183105_10150122193107313_182594282312_6219143_3425  99_n.jpg

I live in North America, and it snows a lot where I live, and the above pictures are snow not hail. A hail storm would never leave the ground looking so white.

Glad Lahoris are enjoying this very rare weather in South Asia.

Glad Lahoris are having fun:

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Just a hail storm.Max temperature ^^^ the temperature is from 22-8 degrees.I am seriously amazed by the reaction of some people here,thinking it's snow...
How can it snow in 7 degree cel. as the minimum?

It looks like snow from the pictures and videos. Snow fall would leave the ground all white like these pictures/videos are showing. Hail would not do that. Anyways Lahore looks beautiful covered in snow.

It looks like snow from the pictures and videos. Snow fall would leave the ground all white like these pictures/videos are showing. Hail would not do that. Anyways Lahore looks beautiful covered in snow.
That happened some 20 years ago as well.Check out the forecast for Lahore,maximum temperature is pretty warm at 20 deg cel and minimum is at 9 degrees.Pretty similar to Chandigarh and Delhi forecasts...Absolutely no chance of snow,because that would have resulted in severe cold both in Lahore and Indian Punjab and here in Delhi as well.Nowadays,Srinagar's temperature has also risen a bit and it isn't snowing even there.

This is definately Lahore (Canal Road). I remember this road very well from last time I visited Lahore, and the white stuff on the ground looks like Snow to me.Lahore looks beautiful covered in snow

Citizens cheer as hail turns city white

20110227_23.jpg

By Muhammad Aayan

LAHORE: The city on Saturday received heavy rain and hailstorm measuring 4.5 millimetres, which carpeted several roads and sidewalks with snow sending a wave of cheerfulness among citizens.

The hailstorm, witnessed at isolated places in the city in the evening, was enjoyed by citizens especially children, who were seen forcing their parents to stop by footpaths to play with snow at Zafar Ali Road, Gulberg Main Boulevard and Davis Road.

Traffic congestion was also observed across the city as motorists only managed to travel a few kilometres in several hours.

Garhi Shahu, The Mall, Gulberg, Model Town, Walton Road and a few areas on Ferozepur Road received a heavy hailstorm, which became the primary topic for discussion for the people besides the World Cup match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

“I am having a great time because such a scene is only seen in Murree or a mountainous region. Our city is looking amazing with this white snow,” said Mrs Ammad at Gulberg Main Boulevard. “This is one of the blessings of God,” she added.

Youngsters were seen playing with snow till late in the evening. A number of people were also seen throwing snowballs on each other and making snowmen. Hot beverages were in great demand at restaurants and roadside stalls.

“It is one of the signs of doomsday as we have heard that unlikely weather would be seen around the world in its last days,” said Abdul Shakoor in Garhi Shahu. He said that “we have witnessed an odd event, which shows us that the end of the world is near”.

A Met Office official said that such weather fluctuations was normal when the temperature between the east and west increased. He said that this was not an unusual feature because hailstorms had been received earlier but the magnitude of the one received on Saturday was above normal level. He added that dry weather was expected in the city in next 24 hours. Maximum temperature recorded in the city on Saturday was 20 centigrades and minimum 7.5 centigrades.

A heavy hailstorm was witnessed in Narang Mandi twenty years ago, said Punjab University’s College of Earth and Environmental Sciences former principal Iftikhar Baloch. He said that the people should not take it (hailstorm) as a temporary change in weather.

Source: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Citizens cheer as hail turns city white

20110227_23.jpg

By Muhammad Aayan

LAHORE: The city on Saturday received heavy rain and hailstorm measuring 4.5 millimetres, which carpeted several roads and sidewalks with snow sending a wave of cheerfulness among citizens.

The hailstorm, witnessed at isolated places in the city in the evening, was enjoyed by citizens especially children, who were seen forcing their parents to stop by footpaths to play with snow at Zafar Ali Road, Gulberg Main Boulevard and Davis Road.

Traffic congestion was also observed across the city as motorists only managed to travel a few kilometres in several hours.

Garhi Shahu, The Mall, Gulberg, Model Town, Walton Road and a few areas on Ferozepur Road received a heavy hailstorm, which became the primary topic for discussion for the people besides the World Cup match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

“I am having a great time because such a scene is only seen in Murree or a mountainous region. Our city is looking amazing with this white snow,” said Mrs Ammad at Gulberg Main Boulevard. “This is one of the blessings of God,” she added.

Youngsters were seen playing with snow till late in the evening. A number of people were also seen throwing snowballs on each other and making snowmen. Hot beverages were in great demand at restaurants and roadside stalls.

“It is one of the signs of doomsday as we have heard that unlikely weather would be seen around the world in its last days,” said Abdul Shakoor in Garhi Shahu. He said that “we have witnessed an odd event, which shows us that the end of the world is near”.

A Met Office official said that such weather fluctuations was normal when the temperature between the east and west increased. He said that this was not an unusual feature because hailstorms had been received earlier but the magnitude of the one received on Saturday was above normal level. He added that dry weather was expected in the city in next 24 hours. Maximum temperature recorded in the city on Saturday was 20 centigrades and minimum 7.5 centigrades.

A heavy hailstorm was witnessed in Narang Mandi twenty years ago, said Punjab University’s College of Earth and Environmental Sciences former principal Iftikhar Baloch. He said that the people should not take it (hailstorm) as a temporary change in weather.

Source: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
The article itself starts from hailstorm not snowstorm or snowfall :hang2: i hope you understand the difference.And it is visible from people as well that they aren't wearing thick wools,some are roaming in cut sleeves.

LAHORE: A rare hailstorm gave parts of Lahore a feel of a hill station on Saturday afternoon, leading them to ignore a massive traffic breakdown that followed.

The storm struck the city at 4.45pm, concentrating its intensity downtown and in areas around Gulberg. Hailstones the size of small strawberries soon carpeted streets and rooftops.

People watched the freak turn of weather with a pleasant surprise. At some places some people panicked and started giving “azans”.

A traffic gridlock followed the hailstorm, making driving a misery on roads awash with a hail of stones.

But on the other hand, motorists were seen relishing the happening instead of fuming over the traffic jam and the young made the most of the opportunity by playing with hailstones. Mobile phones were taken out to take stillss and make movies of the falling hailstones.

Reports from different parts of the city indicated the storm was partial as many localities like Faisal Town merely received a light shower.

Temperature dropped significantly after the storm.

The Met office did not record the hailstorm, but said that it was rare. “The plains of Punjab do receive hailstones in this part of winter because of differences in ground and air temperature. But this one was rare,” a meteorologist remarked.

The Met office said rain and hailstorm had been caused by a westerly system affecting the northern areas. Another westerly would bring rain over the plains and snowfall over the hills from Monday, it said.

The Met office recorded 12mm of rain at Lahore airport and 4.5mm at its Jail Road observatory. The maximum temperature was 22 degrees Celsius and the minimum 7.5 degrees.
Lahore gets rare hailstorm | Newspaper | DAWN.COM
Okay,i guess things are clear now..:D

my brother recorded a video which i would lke to share with u people .It was nothing more than hail Strom media people they just love to play with facts .Media is almost what we call a lie.

U can hear the sound of falling ollas. Snow dont fall like that .

Main Boulevard!
I was on the opposite site the camera man i.e., infront of City tower :D

it wasn't snow,it was a hailstorm.
Btw,i love snow as well :D

There was snow on the ground as evident from the pictures and videos, even a Pakistan news source showed pictures of people making a snowman in Lahore, now who can make a snow man out of hail stones. You can not make a snowman out of hail stones.

Anyways you bharatis are just jealous because your Delhi never was covered in snow, Delhi only is always covered in dirt.

Back
Top Bottom