What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

Been using the Note 8 since December 2017. Brilliant phone in every way, the camera setup is great, really really good productivity apps and great entertainment platform.

Oppo Find X and Vivo Nex
Full Display ,Screen Fingerprint and cool
Front camera
what 's your think ,I think it is cool~!

N5-entrance.png

guws7HxVpuHDwN8XKHDJn-650-80.jpg

Edb9bXLA2FBKYMqjnER7jg-650-80.jpg

Qa4TPiCZ2euSfXeXThLzT7-970-80.jpg

I have been a loyal Samsung user for years now and have come to a point where I need to upgrade my cell phone. Will stick to Samsung but MAY consider Apple as well, no third choice however. My question or the advice I seek is simple, Samsung Galaxy S9 or iPhone 8? Help me decide. Have read reviews and S9 beats i8 in almost all departments and S9 and iPhone X are almost on par (but X is quite expensive so not considering it – makes no sense going upwards of a 100k on a phone)

So again, please help me decide, Galaxy S9 or iPhone 8?

@Zibago @Hell hound anyone else?

Last edited:
I have been a loyal Samsung user for years now and have come to a point where I need to upgrade my cell phone. Will stick to Samsung but MAY consider Apple as well, no third choice however. My question or the advice I seek is simple, Samsung Galaxy S9 or iPhone 8? Help me decide. Have read reviews and S9 beats i8 in almost all departments and S9 and iPhone X are almost on par (but X is quite expensive so not considering it – makes no sense going upwards of a 100k on a phone)

Anything anyone?

There is only addition of stereo speaker in s9 otherwise camera is not much different to what s8/s7 edge offer. Design is same. Waterproofing/storage same, software same. There is upgrade in processor but that would not make any difference in daily usage at this point. I think iPhone 8 plus is better than iPhone 8 unless you are fond of compact design . Battery of S9 is not good. s Samsung skin/software is sluggish no matter how powerful is hardware .phone 8 and s9 have equivalent raw power in benchmark . There are many great alternative beside apple and Samsung who offer better value for your money

There is only addition of stereo speaker in s9 otherwise camera is not much different to what s8/s7 edge offer. Design is same. Waterproofing/storage same, software same. There is upgrade in processor but that would not make any difference in daily usage at this point. I think iPhone 8 plus is better than iPhone 8 unless you are fond of compact design . Battery of S9 is not good. s Samsung skin/software is sluggish no matter how powerful is hardware .phone 8 and s9 have equivalent raw power in benchmark . There are many great alternative beside apple and Samsung who offer better value for your money
So you saying iPhone 8 may be better than S9?
I do not plan to switch to some thing other than these two brands honestly.

So you saying iPhone 8 may be better than S9?
I do not plan to switch to some thing other than these two brands honestly.
See its all depend on your budget and what is your priority i.e best screen, best camera, best design, best software , best battery life etc etc

iPhone 8 plus is better than S9. S9 Plus is better than regular iPhone 8. iPhone 8 Plus is better than regular S9 ( based on my personal opinion as I have habit of keep changing phones to try different brands)

So if you are looking for best Phones among these two brands irrespective of price then either go for iPhone 8 plus or S9 Plus. iPhone X is not worth paying more

If you like Samsung and want better value mobile phone then S8 Plus is better . I will buy s8 plus over regular s9 any day. You are getting very much same experience but less price

See its all depend on your budget and what is your priority i.e best screen, best camera, best design, best software , best battery life etc etc

iPhone 8 plus is better than S9. S9 Plus is better than regular iPhone 8. iPhone 8 Plus is better than regular S9 ( based on my personal opinion as I have habit of keep changing phones to try different brands)

So if you are looking for best Phones among these two brands irrespective of price then either go for iPhone 8 plus or S9 Plus. iPhone X is not worth paying more

If you like Samsung and want better value mobile phone then S8 Plus is better . I will buy s8 plus over regular s9 any day. You are getting very much same experience but less price
My only aversion to plus is it being bigger in size and difficult to carry in a pocket really. What i like about S9 is its shape and off-course, the brand Samsung. About iPhone 8, was determined to FINALLY make the switch to at least try it out, unluckily, visited some gadet comparison sites (three to be accurate), with all of them rating S9 WAY above iPhone 8 (in all departments) and on par with iPhone X (3 points in fav of iPhoneX, 2 where Samsung was deemed better and 2 ties). Although these sites can be really 5hitty most of the times, my ONLY experience of making a decision based on these reviews was when i was looking for a camera and i am more than happy with what i was made to choose based on these reviews. That is one of the reasons i am slightly inclining towards S9. Another typical desi reason is, buying S9 you end up with latest model of Samsung, in case of iPhone 8, you are already one step behind and there will be new launch most probably in 2019 :D

About budget, around 80k 90k, can buy both these in this budget

About use, i work! My time of playing games, installing LOADS of apps or trying to hack into NASA or NSA with my phone are over, :)
Just need something that looks nice and is presentable as a brand, to carry as an accessory! Both iPhone and Samsung perfectly fit.

Last edited:
My only aversion to plus is it being bigger in size and difficult to carry in a pocket really. What i like about S9 is its shape and off-course, the brand Samsung. About iPhone 8, was determined to FINALLY make the switch to atleast try it out, unluckily, visited some gadet comparision sites (three to be accurate), with all of them rating S9 WAY above iPhone 8 (in all departments) and on par with iPhone X (3 points in fav of iPhoneX, 2 where Samsung was deemed better and 2 ties). Although these sites can be realy 5hitty most of the times, my ONLY experience of making a decision based on these reviews was when i was looking for a camera and i am more than happy with what i was made to choose based on these reviews. That is one of the reasons i am slightly inclining towards S9. Another typical desi reason is, buying S9 you end up with latest model of Samsung, in case of iPhone 8, you are already one step behind and there will be new launch most probably in 2019 :D
I hate samsung tbh I used S 7 edge and still using it for last 2 years I also bought iphone 8 plus last year and yeah LG G 6 . LG's software and engine is much better than samsung . Iphone 8 plus is a beast I mean literally . Go for I phone if u want a phone which wont let u down anyday at any moment. If u are more of a stereo type guy then go for Samsung from my experience LG is better then samsung but its mine experience .
Go for iphone 8 u wont regret it .

My only aversion to plus is it being bigger in size and difficult to carry in a pocket really. What i like about S9 is its shape and off-course, the brand Samsung. About iPhone 8, was determined to FINALLY make the switch to at least try it out, unluckily, visited some gadet comparison sites (three to be accurate), with all of them rating S9 WAY above iPhone 8 (in all departments) and on par with iPhone X (3 points in fav of iPhoneX, 2 where Samsung was deemed better and 2 ties). Although these sites can be really 5hitty most of the times, my ONLY experience of making a decision based on these reviews was when i was looking for a camera and i am more than happy with what i was made to choose based on these reviews. That is one of the reasons i am slightly inclining towards S9. Another typical desi reason is, buying S9 you end up with latest model of Samsung, in case of iPhone 8, you are already one step behind and there will be new launch most probably in 2019 :D

About budget, around 80k 90k, can buy both these in this budget

About use, i work! My time of playing games, installing LOADS of apps or trying to hack into NASA or NSA with my phone are over, :)
Just need something that looks nice and is presentable as a brand, to carry as an accessory! Both iPhone and Samsung perfectly fit.
Bigger is better especially if it offer excellent battery life but yes some people compromise on battery and bigger screen for compact pocket-size phone which are easy to operate with one hand

Don't take these reviews seriously as they are often sponsored by manufacture to create hype about their products though they are still good for general guide but what actually matter is your real life experience. You should also buy phones as per your personal needs rather than impressing others with latest and greatest iPhone or Samsung :D I bought iPhone X but returned within in few days because I did not find it worth of my money. I got S9 but again returned it in week because it was not much different to S8 . I made comparison side by side and then realized that S9 is not worth paying 200 or 300 pounds extra so you decide what is best for you

Samsung phones are great except having less durability and touchwiz( their software) is sluggish even after having best hardware so if software part is important and you don't want to feel any lags/slowness/freezing during intensive multi tasks then go for apple iphones. They offer best software experience . If you are android guy who cannot move to apple then Google pixel is best option but since you are into Samsung or apple then I will say go for iPhone 8 . Its camera is in top 5/10 . iPhone 8 plus offer excellent portrait photo because of dual camera setup but rest every thing is same between apple iPhone 8 and 8 plus

Meizu is good for the $150 price range. I had a bad experience with Xiaomi

Back
Top Bottom