What's new

Slums in South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: yar i dnt want to waste my time on u ,, u can compare standard of living of dharavi with orangi town u will find out dharavi is sh*t ;) u can also read about orangi town which is town of lower middle class people unlike dharavi which is full of Sh*t and dirty street etc :sick:

Lol finally you have decided that it is enough of getting busted and beat down a retreat with a kiddish post full of emoticons ? Well, be my guest.One of your mates has already done that and I suggest you follow suit.

The reality is Orangi is the largest slum in Asia (Link) and Pakistan has more slum prevalence than India (Link).

Time to close this thread. :wave:

Lol finally you have decided that it is enough of getting busted and beat down a retreat with a kiddish post full of emoticons ? Well, be my guest.

The reality is Orangi is the largest slum in Asia (Link) and Pakistan has more slum prevalence than India (Link).

Time to close this thread. :wave:

first tell me what are your parameters to call an area slum ???? ;) kindly post sumthing from other part of pakistan too coz i also want to post pics n infoz regarding slums of other cities of india :D

Orangi is approximately 22 square miles (57 km2) in area, Dharavi is less than one square mile with approximately one million inhabitants [1], making Orangi far less dense.[2][3] Further, Orangi comprises several new developed middle class areas and housing-societies which are still considered slums for statistical purposes, although strictly speaking, they are not slums.

here is what wiki says :D newly developed housing schemes are also considered as slum than i can call whole mumbai as slum ,,, and one thing more orangi can be asia's largest town instead of slum coz it is way better than ur slums infrastructure wise and orangi town is also clean n got well planned streets and also have water treatment plants n swerage system

first tell me what are your parameters to call an area slum ???? ;) kindly post sumthing from other part of pakistan too coz i also want to post pics n infoz regarding slums of other cities of india :D

Ask the UNDP/NGC which said Orangi is the largest slum in Asia. :wave:

Lol post as many pictures as your heart desires, still it doesnt change the fact Orangi is the largest slum in Asia and there is more slum prevalence in Pakistan than India.

<...rant...>

lol..Uncle Wiki strikes again. :lol:

Just accept the fact and move on dude. You have nothing to defend here.

Ask the UNDP/NGC which said Orangi is the largest slum in Asia. :wave:

Lol post as many pictures as your heart desires, still it doesnt change the fact Orangi is the largest slum in Asia and there is more slum prevalence in Pakistan than India.

lol..Uncle Wiki strikes again. :lol:

Just accept the fact and move on dude. You have nothing to defend here.

most of the writers who are writting about orangi are indians who are trying there best to call orangi a slum :lol: but reality wont change sweety ;)

most of the writers who are writting about orangi are indians who are trying there best to call orangi a slum :lol: but reality wont change sweety ;)

Refer post 135 in which UNDP/NGC (they are not Indians) whihc clearly says Orangi is the largest slum in Asia and refer post 142 in which UN Habitat (again not Indian) which says Slum prevalence in Pakistan is worse than in India. :lol:

I guess you are still not recovered from the shock of the reality check I gave you. Lol I understand it. Dont reply again with some trash oneliners. Take some time and come back with some solid source.

BTW dont call me sweety, You and me share nothing except being on the same forum at the same time.

None on the forum stays in the slum to make educated enough comments about it. There is a Channel 4 documentary called slumming it which features the reporter staying in dharavi for 2 weeks which is quite educational.

Of course we are not used to their way of life and probably never will, but whats really important is that the people living in Dharavi seems happy, mostly employed (80% employment apparently) and have their own place place to stay so is it really that bad.

For people of their financial level living in a slum is probably a good thing, closing the slum and moving them to a high rise will actually be worse for them. Also we should bear in mind closing it down would only mean more homeless on the streets and increase in beggars etc, the slums have their own home grown industries to support the vast majority of them.

I reckon we should look at this with a little objectivity then straight out discrimination.

Refer post 135 in which UNDP/NGC (they are not Indians) whihc clearly says Orangi is the largest slum in Asia and refer post 142 in which UN Habitat (again not Indian) which says Slum prevalence in Pakistan is worse than in India. :lol:

I guess you are still not recovered from the shock of the reality check I gave you. Lol I understand it.

BTW dont call me sweety, You and me share nothing except being on the same forum at the same time.

there are huge number of housing societies around orangi town which comes under orangi town ,, in reports they are also covering those areas which are not slums lol :lol: but conditions of people in orangi town is way better than ur dharavi :lol:

there are huge number of housing societies around orangi town which comes under orangi town ,, in reports they are also covering those areas which are not slums lol :lol: but conditions of people in orangi town is way better than ur dharavi :lol:

Time to change Nappies kid.

Post # 135 and Post # 142 . Matter closed. :wave:

@Anonymous User - Hey you are talking facts which is a strict no-no when it comes to bashing India here. :lol:

Time to change Nappies kid.

Post # 135 and Post # 142 . Matter closed. :wave:

World bank n other international institutes reports also says india's 800 million people are poor but u people never accepts it :lol: i will never accept orangi as slum cz orangi is way better than ur normal towns in india :lol:

@Anonymous User - Hey you are talking facts which is a strict no-no when it comes to bashing India here. :lol:

Opps did I derail the topic then :azn:
Just think this India slum issue is overblown, the documentary is quite good though. Wouldn't mind doing a walk around Dharavi myself if I got the chance.

development work going on orangi town u can compare it with ur slums :lol: orangi is not slum but it is one of the world's largest town ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
World bank n other international institutes reports also says india's 800 million people are poor but u people never accepts it :lol: i will never accept orangi as slum cz orangi is way better than ur normal towns in india :lol:

Ah ! what a way to win/weasel out of arguments. :lol: "I will never accept" :lol: Dont accept , who cares ? But the reality doesnt change.

Opps did I derail the topic then :azn:
Just think this India slum issue is overblown, the documentary is quite good though. Wouldn't mind doing a walk around Dharavi myself if I got the chance.

True - All these internet haters can see is some pictures of Dharavi. But little do they know that the annual economic turnover of Dharavi is about 1 Billion dollars, a quarter of their defence budget !!

Dharavi's annual turnover is estimated at anywhere between US$700 million and $1 billion. Amid the cramped housing are an estimated 15,000 single-room factories and workshops that turn out garments, leather goods (17% of India's leather exports are from Dharavi), pottery, jewelry, food products and much else. The township is home to a flourishing recycling industry, which employs about 200,000 people.

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

Lol....What a dumbazz comeback particularly charateristic of WJ. :lol:
Taste of your own medicine sunshine, should read your nonsensical banter before pressing the reply. :azn:
Going by your graphic description you seem to be doing that right now. And all this blowing for just retaliating with a word you yourself used. looks like you are nincompoop who cant digest when shown the mirror. :wave:
Still oozing with verbal diarrhoea, well then again one has to understand your surroundings more over your are even incompetent to differentiate between digesting and digressing. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom