SL Court orders removal of ( Mosque) sign Board

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Court orders removal of sign board | Breaking News

qWx7Isy.jpg

Pelassa Magistrate Namal Perera ordered the Moulavi of the Paragahadeniya Grand Mosque in Mawathagama and the Road Development Authority yesterday, to remove the sign board erected in front of the Mawathagama Paragahadeniya Mosque, which reads, ‘Mosque ahead- keep silence’, within 14 days.

The magistrate also ordered that, after removal of the notice, the matter be reported to the magistrates’ court. His order follows a complaint made to court by the Mawathagama Police.

The OIC of the Mawathagama Police Station, Inspector Deshabandu Senaratne pleaded from court that the notice be removed on an order under number 98 of police regulations, in order to avoid an uprising of the Sinhala Buddhists of the area.

Meanwhile, a suspect named Mohamed Hassim Samsudeen, described as a teacher attached to Theliyagonna Hisbullah Central College, Kurunegala who had been arrested for allegedly damaging the notice board was ordered by the magistrate to be remanded until August 21

Teacher Damages Mosque Board

Teacher damages mosque board | Breaking News

nffalrU.jpg

27H9Vac.jpg

A Muslim school teacher has been arrested for damaging the board of the mosque in Paragahadeniya in Mawathagama in Kurunegala district.

He had been arrested by a police patrol when the eye witnesses in the neighbourhood had complaint about the act. A few days ago Bodu Bala Sena leader Ven. Galabadaatte Gnanasara Thera declared that there's an issue regarding the activities of the mosque in Paragahadeniya.(Pushpakumara Jayarathne)

Wass happening in SriLanka? What happened to the secular proclaimations by the southern country? I mean is it justified to do something just coz the majority public will complain? If yes then why are we taught and criticised by noncredible species to our west who infact befriend someone commiting the same error? ie. srilanka and china.

India kare to we are anti muslims, china and srilanka kare to, they are friends. sometimes i think this India-Pakistan issues is at all related to religion? their actions vis a vis other neighbours dont prove so.

Budhists have gone mad.

Anyway I never seen such a board asking for silence as a Mosque is ahead, even in Islamic countries. That was something a good gesture if they had such a sign board.

Two things stand out :

1. A religious place unlike a school or Hospital is not a zone where silence is needed hence the board was redundant in the first place.

2. A Muslim was caught defacing the board . The logical conclusion would be intent to mischief.

I just wonder who has implemented such sign boards in that area.
RDA sign boards has its sign.

6994842086_ab544eb612_c.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom