What's new

Six PAF squadrons with over 100 JF 17 fighter Jets become operational fully

Present production rate around 25 air crafts per year. I believe high tech defence products are not mass produced like beverages or chips. Block 1's can be upgraded to 2's and we will see what can be done once third block comes. So far PAF is happy with Russian engine but I am sure they will evaluate all the options.

There could also be the chance of upgrading those planes with the air cooled Aesa Radar as they require less amount of electrity to run ..

There is also a plant at china and the work is divided . maybe PAF is waiting for Block3 so that they can induct them in large numbers.
Its not only about manufacturing of air crafts. Conversions, development of tactics with new weapons and EW systems, training, logistics and so many other things are involved which consume time and resources.

Why can't Pakistan mass produce these birds? What will happen to the older block-1s? Pakistan should ask for the TOT of the WS-15 from the China.
That's how far governmental industry you can stretch in a corrupt nation.

100 planes in 9 years.. I thought the production capacity was much larger.

Nothing to do with politics. Took time to train workers as facilities were upgraded as this was the first foray where Pakistan was to produce fighter jets. So there is a ramp up in production numbers over a few years.
Whats more amazing is how Indian manufacturing can't seem to produce over 3-4 Tejas a year, after decades of locally assembling Jags and Su-30. Inept workforce?

Times of Islamabad isn't a reliable source. As far as I know 86 JF-17s were operational. Are you sure there are 100 JF-17s operational now?
production of 100 is confirmed completed. we saw pictures 1.5 months ago
whether all 100 are in service or last few are in testing is not yet known

100 planes in 9 years.. I thought the production capacity was much larger.
For a country with peanuts resources as opposed to india and very little Aeronautical industry, This is a great achievement. Compare this with a jet in 30 years of development and it still also gets produced in same numbers as f17 in a year. Mind it that it only took 7 years to operationalise the jet after its first fly test

Back
Top Bottom