What's new

Six PAF squadrons with over 100 JF 17 fighter Jets become operational fully

5099242_original.jpg

thanks bro.
do you have any solo pic of it ? in HD etc ?

I think in 2018, JF-17B must be build to squadron strength meanwhile work on Block-III will be completed sometime in 2019 making it ready for mass production in 2020.
Squadron not required of JF17 b for now they are only for training purposes say 1-2 for each squadron.

JF17 and AlKhalid are excellent achievements of Pakistan Military and Defense Industry. Best of luck to them for future.

Annual production depends heavily on a combination of a multitude of factors. Of which resources are just one thing.
Others include:
Training cycles for pilots and ground crew.
The time it takes to complete the useful life of the planes to be replaced.
Keeping maximum amount of workers, busy for the longest time. To keep skills sharp and ensure equipment is not unused.

Yeah.. but at 25 mill a pop, 100 planes in just 2.5 billion USD. over 9 years.
The pace is slow because of evaluation and up gradation based on real time environment. In each block we have major upgrades and that is time consuming game

Pardon ? Where are you counting 9 years

JF17 Block II production rates

15-201 to 15-216 that's 16 units
16-217 to 16-234 that's 18 units
17-235 to 17-250 that's 16 units to complete Block II

3 years 50 aircraft even if this was a export order no way we could get 50 deliverys in 3 years

If you take into account Block I then

JF17 Block I production rates

07-101 to 07-105 thats 5 units
08-106 to 08-108 that's 3 units
09-109 to 09-112 that's 4 units
10-113 to 10-128 that's 16 units
11-129 to 11-136 that's 8 units
12-137 to 12-142 that's 6 units
13-143 to 13-150 that's 8 units

7 years 50 aircraft

Block II production was more than double the speed of Block I

Peak production rate 2016 clocked 18 units

Do you know how long it took to get 18 x F16 C/D ?

Huge improvement in speed on Block 2 obviously PAC never built fighter before so 7 years for Block 1 is still fast

Big difference is between Zardari and Sharif. Sharif gives more funds

12 plus 2 dual seater in 2018 will be used to form 7th sqn ?

And rest of capacity used for international orders ?? Till block 3 kicks in

12 plus 2 dual seater in 2018 will be used to form 7th sqn ?

And rest of capacity used for international orders ?? Till block 3 kicks in

Probably not

Kamra always retains a handful of Thunders for weapons and system integration testing

Probably not

Kamra always retains a handful of Thunders for weapons and system integration testing

Pac does not need separate Ac paf base has 2 sqn of jf available and they can spare one or two when needed
Even Lm does not have separate 12 Ac for air/weapon testing

Interesting configuration, 2 AShM, 2 BVR AAMs, 2 short range AAMs and a center fuel tank. If the thunder can carry 2 BVRs and two anti ship missiles, then simple logic says that it is also capable of carrying 4 BVRs, simply replace the 2 heavier AShM missiles with comparatively lighter BVR AAMs. That's killer configuration for air to air missions.

Interesting configuration, 2 AShM, 2 BVR AAMs, 2 short range AAMs and a center fuel tank. If the thunder can carry 2 BVRs and two anti ship missiles, then simple logic says that it is also capable of carrying 4 BVRs, simply replace the 2 heavier AShM missiles with comparatively lighter BVR AAMs. That's killer configuration for air to air missions.
there have been rumors of 2x6 configuration via dual racks but its just rumor for now

in reality beyond 2 BVR the fight encounter would become WVR encounter, so fighters might prefer a 4X2 load out

for now basic air defence configuration patrol is 2x2 with 2drop tanks
giphy.gif

there have been rumors of 2x6 configuration via dual racks but its just rumor for now

in reality beyond 2 BVR the fight encounter would become WVR encounter, so fighters might prefer a 4X2 load out

for now basic air defence configuration patrol is 2x2 with 2drop tanks
giphy.gif
My point is that if it can carry 2 AShM missiles plus 2 BVRs and 2 WVRs, a configuration of 4 BVRs (replace the 2 AShMs with 2 additional BVRs) and 2 WVRs would be a piece of cake. I'm sure PAF is already conducting CAP patrols with this configuration. Having the capability to take out 4 bogeys 100km away is a tremendous edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom