What's new

single national curriculum - 1 to 5 standards (Government’s single national curriculum is like martial law)

Nobody wanst to become "jack of all trades, master of none"

Practically speaking this idiotic rule achieves nothing, except needlessly burdening kids. Instead of changing the national curriculum psyche of "mugging" to understanding, and actually learning, a silly band aid is applied.

Why force two subjects in Urdu, down peoples throat? Especially schools, that follow western curriculum's, who after 8th Grade will SWITCH BACK to English, since this will be the language of their exams?

This idiotic rule is nothing less then an uncalled for distraction, to dumb kids down.

@Reichsmarschall @Raj-Hindustani @StormBreaker @Jungibaaz @ali_raza @LeGenD comments?

Forcing someone to study a regional language is another idiotic decision, something federal govt needs to pull rank on, in the name of "national cohesion" and "anti-fascism".
Instead of teaching kids stupid regional languages tech them a programming language perhaps. Python from 6th grade onwards?🤔

How many scientist produced by cam Cambridge system in Pakistan? Language has nothing to do with standard of education yes education in foreign language produce mental slavery which is more dangerous than physical slavery because one does not know he is a slave and he also adopts the foreign culture as superior culture so a fault line is created in the nation. All the nation who study in their own language these nations are more strong nations than Pakistan ,India, or Bangladesh who are not ready to leave their old masters culture and language examples are Iran Japan Turkey China etc

The issue is no English but internationally recognized languages. These are French, English, Russian, Chinese and Arabic. So if children from play group to class 1 are taught as an option they would be speaking them by class 1 and continue to be well conversant with other subjects later on. However these languages should be part of the curriculum as option and 1-2 must be optional subjects.

You are taking about communication that is not something too difficult, One could be brilliant in a language as far as writing and under standing is concerned but his pronunciation which falls under Linguistics is poor.
So the solution should be for Linguistical improvement rather than relying on writing and understanding.
You have raised a very valid point, from start. NOT what is happening now i.e. Gr1 to Gr5 for everyone in one go, and Gr6 & Gr7 next year. Instead of gradually easing it in from KG, in the next academic year.

This is going to create a shit storm, Wait for the U-Turn
Oh i see. I had Indian colleagues in the past who communicated to each other in English because some were from Bihar and others were from South India and they didn't have the same mother tongue. I can see why English would be a requirement in India.

In Pakistan most people understand Urdu. Also English is still being taught, but in the new curriculum it will not be the language through which children will be taught subjects.
============

The challenge Pakistan faces is the low quality of government schools, changing the curriculum won't fix that but it is something that needs doing.

On the subject of the curriculum a lot of time is wasted discussing the medium of delivery of the curriculum, but all the good pedagogical changes are being ignored in the public debate. it's a very deliberate attempt to undermine the new curriculum. At the same time, i am concerned why they need to add religious content into subjects that are not islamic studies, or social studies.

Positive things about the new single curriculum being ignored.

1. The content of the SNC for Maths and Science has been aligned to the TIMSS content framework.
2. SNC focusses on development of analytical, critical and creative thinking through a more activities-based approach rather than static teacher centric learning.
3. Use of ICT is integrated in the curriculum for the first time.

It remains to be seen whether these will remain words on paper or whether they will be practically implemented. Unfortunately the debate in our country ignores these points and instead focuses on English and if the curriculum is too islamic or not. It's a reflection of the intellectual bankruptcy in our society met with the agendas of foreign funding.
In 3yrs+ they couldn't improve the level of Govt primary or secondary schools, so a jingoistic step was needed.

Practically speaking this idiotic rule achieves nothing, except needlessly burdening kids. Instead of changing the national curriculum psyche of "mugging" to understanding, and actually learning, a silly band aid is applied.

Why force two subjects in Urdu, down peoples throat? Especially schools, that follow western curriculum's, who after 8th Grade will SWITCH BACK to English, since this will be the language of their exams?

This idiotic rule is nothing less then an uncalled for distraction, to dumb kids down.

@Reichsmarschall @Raj-Hindustani @StormBreaker @Jungibaaz @ali_raza @LeGenD comments?

Forcing someone to study a regional language is another idiotic decision, something federal govt needs to pull rank on, in the name of "national cohesion" and "anti-fascism".

Absolutely, right.

I strongly believe that we can teach the value of Cultural and regions. It does not matter, we are staying in India, pakistan or abroad.

It is a fact that English is an international language to communicate with each other. Now, it is in our hands - you are going to deny it or accept it.

But, my understanding says that you need to give your kids the same level of chance to compete with all other youths from other nations.

Yes, few kids will still surely manage to learn English and have an excellent command of English but the percentage of those kids will be less compared to other kids under new rule.

Absolutely, right.

I strongly believe that we can teach the value of Cultural and regions. It does not matter, we are staying in India, pakistan or abroad.

It is a fact that English is an international language to communicate with each other. Now, it is in our hands - you are going to deny it or accept it.

But, my understanding says that you need to give your kids the same level of chance to compete with all other youths from other nations.

Yes, few kids will still surely manage to learn English and have an excellent command of English but the percentage of those kids will be less compared to other kids.
Also SNC is the bare minimum they have to teach
If they want to include more chapters in non board classes they are free to do so

How many scientist produced by cam Cambridge system in Pakistan? Language has nothing to do with standard of education yes education in foreign language produce mental slavery which is more dangerous than physical slavery because one does not know he is a slave and he also adopts the foreign culture as superior culture so a fault line is created in the nation. All the nation who study in their own language these nations are more strong nations than Pakistan ,India, or Bangladesh who are not ready to leave their old masters culture and language examples are Iran Japan Turkey China etc

and teaching Islamiyat and Social studies till Gr8 in Urdu, will rectify all the ills our education system?
You just murdered logic.

GoP decision makers showed their intellectual bankruptcy, by imposing and enforcing this "sheer stupidity". You on the other hand my brother seriously lost the plot. Take two steps back, and a deep breath, re-evaluate, then re-engage.

Like we have been churning out "masters of something" all these years. At best we have created a class, that is employable in Western countries. One will go into the remittance argument, but we all know the majority of remittances are from Middle Eastern countries. Those who leave Pakistan for the west, settle there, purchase property there and send a bare minimum of remittance back to Pakistan.

We all agree there is an issue with the education system. How good is the English of Chinese? how good is the English of Russians or Japanese. English isn't and hasn't given you any advantage in anything so far. The main reason why a kid goes to school is to learn and understand concepts and that can best be done in his own national language(if not the mother language). You go to Pashtun areas, Sindhi areas, the bare minimum a kid would understand what you are saying in Urdu, that isn't the case with English. You trade in Urdu, you interact within Urdu, a mathematical concept taught in Urdu will stick to any Pakistani's brain better than if it is taught in any foreign language.

Secondly, it removes this elite divide, that has been created and will create a rift in the future. I and most people don't like anyone who talks Urdu in a douchebaggy, elitist, accent. And similarly to that person everyone who speaks Urdu in a normal is a paindu or backward. Why do the majority of the Pakistani people hate the leftists, because most of them are created through this system. First, it's the language then the ideology.

Did anyone bother to read the article before going off on one here?

Like we have been churning out "masters of something" all these years. At best we have created a class, that is employable in Western countries. One will go into the remittance argument, but we all know the majority of remittances are from Middle Eastern countries. Those who leave Pakistan for the west, settle there, purchase property there and send a bare minimum of remittance back to Pakistan.

We all agree there is an issue with the education system. How good is the English of Chinese? how good is the English of Russians or Japanese. English isn't and hasn't given you any advantage in anything so far. The main reason why a kid goes to school is to learn and understand concepts and that can best be done in his own national language(if not the mother language). You go to Pashtun areas, Sindhi areas, the bare minimum a kid would understand what you are saying in Urdu, that isn't the case with English. You trade in Urdu, you interact within Urdu, a mathematical concept taught in Urdu will stick to any Pakistani's brain better than if it is taught in any foreign language.

Secondly, it removes this elite divide, that has been created and will create a rift in the future. I and most people don't like anyone who talks Urdu in a douchebaggy, elitist, accent. And similarly to that person everyone who speaks Urdu in a normal is a paindu or backward. Why do the majority of the Pakistani people hate the leftists, because most of them are created through this system. First, it's the language then the ideology.
and teaching Islamiyat and Social studies till Gr8 in Urdu, will rectify all the ills our education system? You just murdered logic.
You have raised a very valid point, from start. NOT what is happening now i.e. Gr1 to Gr5 for everyone in one go, and Gr6 & Gr7 next year. Instead of gradually easing it in from KG, in the next academic year.

This is going to create a shit storm, Wait for the U-Turn

In 3yrs+ they couldn't improve the level of Govt primary or secondary schools, so a jingoistic step was needed.

@Norwegian why laugh react?
National circular is the minimum requirement for all schools in Pakistan. It doesn't mean the schools can't teach whatever they want. If a school wants to each programming to kids, they are still free to do so after national circular is taught to students.

and teaching Islamiyat and Social studies till Gr8 in Urdu, will rectify all the ills our education system? You just murdered logic.

GoP decision makers showed their intellectual bankruptcy, by imposing and enforcing this "sheer stupidity". You on the other hand my brother seriously lost the plot. Take two steps back, and a deep breath, re-evaluate, then re-engage.
[/QUOTE
This shows your mental slavery and you do not know studing these subjects in English will make us super power ?

@Blacklight - what type of curriculum do you propose or would have agreed with? Please take your time and give a detailed answer. From your posts here, it seems your primary issue is with Urdu and Islamiyat.
National circular is the minimum requirement for all schools in Pakistan. It doesn't mean the schools can't teach whatever they want. If a school wants to each programming to kids, they are still free to do so after national circular is taught to students.

I doubt any one of those arguing against have bothered to read any of the MINIMUM learning objectives for each year in the proposed curriculum! I'd be surprised if they even know what their children are learning in each year currently, whether in public or private schools!

The article is written by Benazir Shah, the crooks and stooges mouthpiece, so i will take it with a very big grain of salt.

Need more independent view on the SNC by unbiased people and with proofs.

Right now there is lots of mis-info or propaganda also floating around.

Like there is confusion about medium of language for various subjects while one pov i have read is that medium of learning will be choice of schools.

Please take a look at the Japanese educational system. They do not wear shoes in class, the teachers train the children in Japanese culture and manners from day one of school.

The most spoken language in the world is not English but French. Second is Arabic and third is Chinese forth is English fifth is Spanish (unrecognised) and last is Russian.

All children in a class can not be of the same level unless adequate time and attention is given. Some would need extra classes. This is a common reality every where. Unfortunately Countries like Pakistan where the population is high can not afford this as well as there has to be a cap in the number of students per class or lets say per teacher then only the quality of education would improve.

At an average 15 -20 students per class / teacher are ideal. This is where the teacher can easily keep everyone to be attentive and teach them to the best of his / her ability.

This is not possible today.

Yes, few kids will surely manage to learn English and have an excellent command of English but the percentage of those kids will be less compared to other kids.
It is not the ability of the child but the teacher. What do you think the teacher would come to a class unprepared? A teacher must prepare the lecture that is to be given but normally the kids do not ask questions hence it becomes a spoon feeding session only. This is the problem that plagiarism becomes common which gives rise to non creative approach and lack of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom