What's new

Sindh education minister opposes Single National Curriculum

The minister said Sindh will accept only good changes in science subjects. But in social studies, each province has its own history, culture, and heroes. We have included lessons on national heroes in our curriculum. If we want to teach Sindhi with Urdu and English, it is our constitutional and historical right and we won’t give it up.
What's the problem with this? Sindhi would die out like many other local languages and be replaced by Urdu which itself is being influenced by English.

They want to teach sciences subjects so how are they holding Sindh in the stone age? I disagree with PPP on many things but I fail to see the issue here.

KARACHI: Provincial Education Minister Sardar Shah has said that the Sindh government won’t adopt the Single National Curriculum launched by the federal government.

“We have already expressed our reservations on the SNC. After the 18th Amendment, education is a provincial subject. Therefore, provinces have the right to develop their own curriculum.”

Shah said that the implementation of the SNC was not mandatory for every province. It’s up to the provinces to accept the same curriculum or not. In the light of the 18th Amendment, we have the power to make our own decision. Also, the federal government cannot impose its unconstitutional decisions on every province.

He pointed out that Federal Minister Shafqat Mehmood had said that SNC was a part of PTI's manifesto. Therefore, it is not obligatory for the Sindh government to fulfill the election manifesto of PTI. The SNC cannot be a national and uniform curriculum without the participation of Sindh. “We stand by on our principled position."

The minister said Sindh will accept only good changes in science subjects. But in social studies, each province has its own history, culture, and heroes. We have included lessons on national heroes in our curriculum. If we want to teach Sindhi with Urdu and English, it is our constitutional and historical right and we won’t give it up.

Link: https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/879350-sindh-education-minister-opposes-single-national-curriculum
Sindh is here to oppose only. Yeh qayamat k din bhi aik jannat ko oppose karaingy or kahaingy keh jannat ki horain Sindhi topi pehnain, ajrak style k kapray pehnain or jiay bhutto ka nara lagain.... Had hoti Hai.

jab kissi keh peechay mohlay ka badmash hota hai woh full oppar sey atta hai!

ppp keh peechay toh Alpha Mafia hai woh kesay hulka aye gee!

#thankyouDhaInc

In Sindhi - Sindh education minister, “Sarder Shah talking about reviving regional languages. Emphasising why shouldn’t Seraiki study in their mother tongue, why shouldn’t Punjabi study in their mother tongue so they can understand Bulleh Shah and Shah Hussain. For understanding Kushal Khan Khattak and Rehman Baba, why shouldn’t they (Pashtuns) study in Pashto?”

“We have adopted Urdu as our language and understand the necessity of English as global language. But a kid can perform better in his mother tongue.”

“We will include Sindh’s heroes in our curriculum, we will also include heritage and culture.”

“We can’t impose a specific viewpoint of Arab invasion of Sindh. It’s upto to the student to decide. For me personally Raja Dahir was a hero.”

That’s the rough translation. I did. So sorry if there are any errors

Last edited:
In Sindhi - Sindh education minister, “Sarder Shah talking about reviving regional languages. Emphasising why shouldn’t Seraiki study in their mother tongue, why shouldn’t Punjabi study in their mother tongue so they can understand Bulleh Shah and Shah Hussain. For understanding Kushal Khan Khattak and Rehman Baba, why shouldn’t they (Pashtuns) study in Pashto?”

“We have adopted Urdu as our language and understand the necessity of English as global language. But a kid can perform better in his mother tongue.”

“We will include Sindh’s heroes in our curriculum, we will also include heritage and culture.”

“We can’t impose a specific viewpoint of Arab invasion of Sindh. It’s upto to the student to decide. For me personally Raja Dahir was a hero.”

I agree with his view. That's the basic right of every child to get education in his/her own language.
So we have have following big languages in Pakistan, and educational system should be divided in regions based on these languages :
Punjabi(lehenda)
Sindhi
Siraiki
Marwari(tharparker)
Pashto
Makrani
Brahwi
Urdu
Balti
Pahari
Kashmiri
Gojari
And some smaller languages too.
So Pakistani educational system should be divided into these regions. Every region should have Urdu medium schools as well.
Same curriculam. Central translation system and restructuring system, where curriculum is continously is upgraded with latest info and is structured according to social and economical needs.

I agree with his view. That's the basic right of every child to get education in his/her own language.
So we have have following big languages in Pakistan, and educational system should be divided in regions based on these languages :
Punjabi(lehenda)
Sindhi
Siraiki
Marwari(tharparker)
Pashto
Makrani
Brahwi
Urdu
Balti
Pahari
Kashmiri
Gojari
So Pakistani educational system should be divided into these regions. Every region should have Urdu medium schools as well.
Same curriculam. Central translation system and restructuring system, where curriculum is continously is upgraded with latest info and is structured according to social and economical needs.

This is not feasible. These ethnic people can boast as much as they want about teaching students in their ethnic language but in essence they can't because all major scientific/academic/historical are either in English and to some extent in Urdu.

Now , I understand these ethnic folks have a superiority complex and want to replace urdu but they must realize that it will come at a cost of national integrity ,cohesion and ability to communicate among different ethnic groups.

This is a slippery slope. Once you get language and then you get ethnic separatism.

Punjabi(lehenda)
Sindhi
Siraiki
Marwari(tharparker)
Pashto
Makrani
Brahwi
Urdu
Balti
Pahari
Kashmiri
Gojari

Its PPP an ethnic party and they are just using it for politics.

The point never was regional and ethnic languages. Its about national language vs foreign language.
Chinese have many different dialects aswell but Mandarian ( represents around 70% population) is their national language so they use mandarian at schools.

Rajir Dahir is a hero.... Not surprised here.. Most sindhis consider him hero anyway unless you are conservative muslim. Ethnic loyalty is very high among sindhis so much so that I have literally seen Muslim sindhi girls dating Sindhi Hindu boys.....Yuck

Sindh Education Minister needs to go back to school, open the dictionary and learn the definition of the word "Curriculum" first, before barking like a lunatic. No matter what fake degrees or real ones these idiots get, at their core, these elite sindhis are JAHIL and there is no substitute for it.

This is not feasible. These ethnic people can boast as much as they want about teaching students in their ethnic language but in essence they can't because all major scientific/academic/historical are either in English and to some extent in Urdu.

Now , I understand these ethnic folks have a superiority complex and want to replace urdu but they must realize that it will come at a cost of national integrity ,cohesion and ability to communicate among different ethnic groups.

This is a slippery slope. Once you get language and then you get ethnic separatism.
But its their right. If they want to separate, then be it like that. We can't deny their basic rights based on our fears.

i work in publishing industry with a major stake holder in educational and academic sector, i would not want to risk my job but the only thing i can say is that a LOT of people commenting here are so wrong that it's not even funny, not too long ago before i joined the industry i shared many of their views but not anymore.

it's not what it seems regardless of which province you talk about, there is one thing having an idea (SNC) and there is totally different thing of getting it executed.

So in other states such as Punjab...curriculum has advanced people to 22nd century? TTP, LeT, JuD even TLP...all have majority of Punjabis as cadres.... Maximum Madrassas are in Punjab...Mullah influence is maximum there...

We all know, how facts and history is manipulated in Pakistan's curriculum...why a single curriculum cannot be another attempt to feed agenda and point of view of our ruling Elites incl. Establishment...so as to remove any resistance or questions for the next generation? Just saying.....

totally clueless?

point #1.
when you talk about different segments inside a country you keep comparison within that country.

point #2.
if you have no clue about the different population group then you should not talk about it. First of all you are totally wrong about TTP, TLP are punjabis and then you put TLP JUD and LET in the same cadre as TTP (which is a terrorist organization supported by foreign powers). Even if Punjabis are a majority in these groups then you should know the % of Pakistan population which are Punjabis. Comparing this way is saying since India has the world's largest dirt poor and hungry population means entire India is dirt poor and hungry.

Sindhi would die out like many other local languages and be replaced by Urdu which itself is being influenced by English.
Forget about it.

Sindhi is not just a language, its an identity.
Tamaam certificates tayyar karlete hain aap.

Itna stamp paper to hukomat e Sindh paas nahi jitna apke pass lagta hai

Punjabi(lehenda)
Sindhi
Siraiki
Marwari(tharparker)
Pashto
Makrani
Brahwi
Urdu
Balti
Pahari
Kashmiri
Gojari
How a child knows what are his Basic right while he is being a child ?

Are you guys Educated in that way or just kidding here?

Back
Top Bottom