What's new

Singh says not clear who controls Pakistan army

If you want me to beleive this propaganda, i am sorry, i wont!

Well he tried to tell us all that as the IA is (solely) responsible for the EXTERNAL threats therefore (it is kinda) bared from it's IS duties. That's what is weird!

Now if you didnt understand what he wrote, i cant help it.

Its up to you to think about what he wrote..You can develop your own version by twisting his words...For me he said the correct thing..Indian Army is responsible for the threat from external forces like that of any other Army..I dont see any thing wrong with it and I am quiet surprised about the way of your thinking ..

And which one is Propaganda???That Lashkar-e-Taiba is a terrorist organization??Is it the same organization banned by the world countries and UN??or that Jamaat-ud-Dawa considered by the United Nations to be an alias of the banned militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)..Or Hafiz Muhammad Saeed is the founder of these two organizations??

If you want me to beleive this propaganda, i am sorry, i wont!

Well he tried to tell us all that as the IA is (solely) responsible for the EXTERNAL threats therefore (it is kinda) bared from it's IS duties. That's what is weird!

Now if you didnt understand what he wrote, i cant help it.

I am sorry but I dont understand what do you find that hard to understand!

India's Home minister is responsible for India's internal affairs not Army General. India's Home minister and home ministers from respective states can ask army to help them with the matter.

General's main job is monitor external threats. Along with defense minister who in collaboration with foreign ministry and Prime Minister decides on what policy should be used.

Let me know if I am still missing something and help you understand how Indian system works!

Instead of worrying about ‘who controls the Pakistan Army’, Mr. Singh needs to worry about his own bone head generals who are acting like loose cannons and it's about time to put them under leash.

Instead of worrying about ‘who controls the Pakistan Army’, Mr. Singh needs to worry about his own bone head -
Sure, nothing is wrong with Pakistan, nothing that merits self-examination anyway. That philosophy is what has turned Pakistan into the wonderfully happy, peaceful, prosperous, and God-fearing land it is today!

In my thinking all these statements are senseless except that there purpose is to defame PAK and represent PAK as a failed state in the international community so that if in case war happens no one oppose it. Indian always to that as a part of big GAME.

Sure, nothing is wrong with Pakistan, nothing that merits self-examination anyway. That philosophy is what has turned Pakistan into the wonderfully happy, peaceful, prosperous, and God-fearing land it is today!

And see that the merits of self-examination that you have been reaping since so long have brought so much of prosperity, peace, safety and security to today's world!!

Mind blowing!

And see that the merits of self-examination that you have been reaping since so long have brought so much of prosperity, peace, safety and security to today's world!!

1861-1865: U.S. outlaws slavery.
1868: 14th Amendment puts equal rights on books, allows incorporation
1869: Intercontinental railroad completed
1871: Treaty of Washington: U.S. & Canada settle differences, expand trade
1876: National Baseball League founded, telephone invented
1879: Edison invents electric light bulb - after hundreds of attempts
1886: American Federation of Labor founded
1903: Wright Brothers invent airplane, Ford Motor Co. formed
1890-1914: Monopolistic trusts busted
1917: U.S. goes to war to "make world safe for democracy" and helps dismantle the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires
1919: Women get the vote
1927: American makes first transatlantic flight
1930s-1940s: U.S. supports decolonization of India
1933-40: New Deal employs hundreds of thousands to build infrastructure
1935: Social Security
1944: World Bank and International Monetary Fund founded to aid worldwide economic development
1945: Victory of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, millions liberated
1948: U.S., bucking the opinion of its Arab friends, recognizes Israel as rightful national home of the Jews; military aid consists of one army officer
1952-59: Marshall Plan rebuilds Europe
1953: NATO founded
1954-65: Desegregation and voting rights acts
1956: Interstate highway act, Elvis becomes a star
1965: Medicaid
1969: Surpassing USSR's lead, U.S. lands on moon
1975: U.S.-U.S.S.R. joint space mission
1977: Foreign corrupt practices act
1978: First Apple computer
1989: Collapse of the Soviet Empire
1991: U.S. kicks Saddam out of Kuwait
1990s: U.S. open markets and seignorage fuels global economic expansion
2003-2008: Liberation of Iraq

Yes, indeed. The U.S. has done a great deal. There has never before been an entity like the U.S. that combines so much power with so much pity, opportunity, and generosity - and so willing to look at itself when things go wrong. But the U.S. is not an imperial power, and does not make the choices for other nations; in 1990, the U.S. would not fly troops into Saudi Arabia without the King's permission, even though it had the means to defy its ally if it wished.

The U.S. can aid Pakistan, but it is charity, not a duty: and the corruption of your governing institutions from the local to national level is something many of you have experienced or witnessed first-hand. So although we can attach a few strings here and there, if you really want things to change for the better in Pakistan, you're going to have to take the initiative yourselves.

Perhaps you should take a cue from your Chinese friends, and consider the advice of Confucius:
To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order;
To put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order;
To put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life;
To cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.

When things are investigated, then true knowledge is achieved;
When true knowledge is achieved, then the will becomes sincere;
When the will is sincere, then the heart is set right;
When the heart is set right, then the personal life is cultivated;
When the personal life is cultivated, then the family life is regulated;
When the family life is regulated, then the national life is orderly;
And when the national life is orderly, then there is peace in the world.

Last edited:
1861-1865: U.S. outlaws slavery.
1868: 14th Amendment puts equal rights on books, allows incorporation
1869: Intercontinental railroad completed
1871: Treaty of Washington: U.S. & Canada settle differences, expand trade
1876: National Baseball League founded, telephone invented
1879: Edison invents electric light bulb - after hundreds of attempts
1886: American Federation of Labor founded
1903: Wright Brothers invent airplane, Ford Motor Co. formed
1890-1914: Monopolistic trusts busted
1917: U.S. goes to war to "make world safe for democracy" and helps dismantle the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires
1919: Women get the vote
1927: American makes first transatlantic flight
1930s-1940s: U.S. supports decolonization of India
1933-40: New Deal employs hundreds of thousands to build infrastructure
1935: Social Security
1944: World Bank and International Monetary Fund founded to aid worldwide economic development
1945: Victory of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, millions liberated
1948: U.S., bucking the opinion of its Arab friends, recognizes Israel as rightful national home of the Jews; military aid consists of one army officer
1952-59: Marshall Plan rebuilds Europe
1953: NATO founded
1954-65: Desegregation and voting rights acts
1956: Interstate highway act, Elvis becomes a star
1965: Medicaid
1969: Surpassing USSR's lead, U.S. lands on moon
1975: U.S.-U.S.S.R. joint space mission
1977: Foreign corrupt practices act
1978: First Apple computer
1989: Collapse of the Soviet Empire
1991: U.S. kicks Saddam out of Kuwait
1990s: U.S. open markets and seignorage fuels global economic expansion
2003-2008: Liberation of Iraq

Yes, indeed. The U.S. has done a great deal. There has never before been an entity like the U.S. that combines so much power with so much pity, opportunity, and generosity - and so willing to look at itself when things go wrong. But the U.S. is not an imperial power, and does not make the choices for other nations; in 1990, the U.S. would not fly troops into Saudi Arabia without the King's permission, even though it had the means to defy its ally if it wished.

The U.S. can aid Pakistan, but it is charity, not a duty: and the corruption of your governing institutions from the local to national level is something many of you have experienced or witnessed first-hand. So although we can attach a few strings here and there, if you really want things to change for the better in Pakistan, you're going to have to take the initiative yourselves.

Perhaps you should take a cue from your Chinese friends, and consider the advice of Confucius:

That's one side of the picture, care to show the second more darker picture of US imperialism ?? Or don't know about it or don't have the stomach to digest it and then show it to us ??

True double standards with extreme hypocrisy.

The USA is not an empire or an imperial power. Note what imperial means:

imperial

1. related to an empire, emperor, or empress.
2. relating to the British imperial system of measurement.
3. very grand or fine.
4. Of special, superior, or unusual size or excellence.

imperialism

1. The policy of forcefully extending a nation's authority by territorial gain or by the establishment of economic and political dominance over other nations

imperial - Wiktionary

US history is not dark. There is no dark side except in the minds of wrong-headed people........

Taimikhan, I think we can consider your response as proof positive that many people wish to dismiss the positive by regurgitating the negatives, real or imagined, while not seeing how they contribute to the greatness of the whole.

The U.S. would never have abolished slavery if it hadn't reconsidered "its dark side."

Edison would never have invented the light bulb if he hadn't learned to handle failure and admit his mistakes.

The U.S. would never have busted up monopolies and established social security and government medical aid if it had determined that laissez faire was the solution to everything.

The U.S. would never have made peace with its neighbors if it hadn't reconsidered its goal to conquer or master them.

The U.S. would never have fought WWI or supported Israel and Pakistan if it didn't realize that moral considerations sometimes dictate great-power relations.

And the U.S. would have simply employed nuclear weapons immediately after 9-11 if it didn't think that there are moral constraints on how wars should be fought.

The U.S. is often accused of "double standards" - but IMO that accusation is pushed most strongly by the willfully ignorant who realize that their own ideals pale in comparison to those demonstrated by the United States of America.

Tell me what u guys did in Vietnam, how u guys abandoned it and how many people got killed due to US imperialist ambition.

Korean war ??

The number of civilians killed as a result US imperialist ambitions through occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan ??

US support of a draconian fascist Israel, who happily kills thousands of innocents with US gifting it with more weapons and military aid.

The support of dictators around the world to pursue its imperialist ambitions ??

Selling of weapons to same Saddam and also to Iran even both of you enemies.

Contra affairs ??

U people take pride in finishing slavery, but we still see KKK kind of organizations, the word "negro" being used, white police cops beating & shooting black guys, still the color discrimination, i believe till late 50s the separate bars, buses etc etc used to run based on the only colored terminology. I do believe read considerably the allegations of discrimination by the black community of New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Schools shootings ?? In a civilized and advanced nation as yours students kill their own teachers, class mates, school mates after getting disillusioned. We may be a 3rd rate country, but our record in this matter is much better then the US civilized and morally awake nation.

How you guys abandoned us after getting your revenge from USSR by breaking it.

The exposing of environment & own US citizens through nuclear explosions.

The double standards being employed in Afghanistan.

Abu Gharib ??

Moral case in supporting Israel ?? Killing few days old, few month old babies is morally justified ?? pathetic, people with such views don't deserve to even be called human being.

The millions of americans calling for health insurance ?? ever watched Sicko ?? or Fahrenheit 9/11, off course not as it doesn't goes by the agenda or thinking people like you have.

Should i go more ?? I guess not as it would be worthless infront of people like you having their conscious gone to sleep or stabbed.

And inventing a light bulb, computer and other different things doesn't means the nation is civilized or the positive out weight the negatives.

Hope one day your conscious wakes up and you see the dark side of your imperialist US. And the above examples suit the definition of an imperialistic nation perfectly, troops in arab states, occupied iraq, afghanistan, japan, s.korea, twisting arms of other nations through UN, IMF, WB etc etc.

Better US should give the charity it gives to other countries to its own people as they are more in need then others.

Can spend Billions on occupational wars, give a fascist state billions in reward for killing innocent human beings, but can't do anything for the people of Africa who are dying due to hunger and thirst.

The USA is not an empire or an imperial power. Note what imperial means:

imperial

1. related to an empire, emperor, or empress.
2. relating to the British imperial system of measurement.
3. very grand or fine.
4. Of special, superior, or unusual size or excellence.

imperialism

1. The policy of forcefully extending a nation's authority by territorial gain or by the establishment of economic and political dominance over other nations

imperial - Wiktionary

US history is not dark. There is no dark side except in the minds of wrong-headed people........

So what is US doing then if not above ?? Occupation of Iraq, Afghanistan, troops in gulf states, in Korea, Japan. Arm twisting through IMF, UN, WB, USAid, aids, loans etc etc.

Is that not exactly what successive regimes in Washington have been doing?

. The Mexican–American War from 1846 to 1848
. Forceful opening of Japan on March 31 1854
. Forceful creation of Panama (an illegitimate state like Israel) and two weeks later the signing-up of the Hay-Bunau Varilla Treaty in November 18, 1903 for the Panama Canal and the zone.

Constant interference in Far East, Latin America, South Asia, and Gulf following the so-called domino theory and more recently the naked aggression in Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

But I am telling it to whom? You can not be wrong; it is we who are wrong, the lesser race.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom