What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

Will you abide by what they decide you should wear.

That is the crux ...

Some colorful Janaism pls ....

Cheers, Doc
Who are they? In 2016 I went to vote for fellows in press club election wearing burqa while few days back on December 30 again the annual election of press club I went to cast my vote wearing Jeans shirt with flowered printed Jeans along with a chadar. And there was no THEY in between or any he.

advice about what?
you do realize that in our society, men have become so narrow minded that they think that their advice must be followed as law.
And when exactly have you heard women telling men what to wear and what not to wear?

If a dress is revealing or exposing, there is no harm is stopping your family's men and women from wearing them. This is said with belief that neither men nor women are cooking laws but following what is told in Islam.

Go step by step: Do you disagree with the Islamic guidelines of a dress? The guidelines say it should be non-revealing, it should be non-exposing, not short and not tight to reveal your body curves.

If you father, brother, mother, sister, husband or wife asks you to follow them - do you have complains here?

There is no difference between men and women and both can tell you to follow these laws. My Grandmother was dominating, and she shaped life of my father's brothers, sisters and the family, and my mother is dominating and she advocates same laws from the book, in my family I am dominating and I advocate same laws. There is no talk of men vs women - but whoever is advocating laws needs to be followed.

You may explain your case with more details now.

Last edited:
ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW have already told women and man what they can wear and what they can do and what they can't do. Those who have issue with that in Islamic society are free to leave Pakistan and go to west. Because ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW have also told Muslims to stop Haram and spread Halal. And main duty is of state so yes not just women but man also has to be told about the rules and if they break it than it's main responsibility of state to deal with them and after that society as a whole.

ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW have already told women and man what they can wear and what they can do and what they can't do. Those who have issue with that in Islamic society are free to leave Pakistan and go to west. Because ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW have also told Muslims to stop Haram and spread Halal. And main duty is of state so yes not just women but man also has to be told about the rules and if they break it than it's main responsibility of state to deal with them and after that society as a whole.

You’re kinda repetitive. Be interesting Atleast. Maybe change your words around a lil? Come on - surprise me.

You’re kinda repetitive. Be interesting Atleast. Maybe change your words around a lil? Come on - surprise me.
Islam orders are final can't change them to please some people here

No they shouldn't be. The Quran already has a guideline of what to wear for men and women. I don't believe the state should force them to do what the Quran says. Whoever follows the dress codes is fine but who doesn't will pay the price after death.

For Pakistan, this isn't really a big deal. In the grave and after life they'll be questioned.

No they shouldn't be. The Quran already has a guideline of what to wear for men and women. I don't believe the state should force them to do what the Quran says. Whoever follows the dress codes is fine but who doesn't will pay the price after death.

For Pakistan, this isn't really a big deal. In the grave and after life they'll be questioned.

Then what is the point of having Islamic laws if every thing is left for each individual to decide and saying they will pay the price after death?

I’m such a rebel, can’t wait to come Pakistan wearing a dress with tights :devil:

Then what is the point of having Islamic laws if every thing is left for each individual to decide and saying they will pay the price after death?

To me it's whether it affects other people or not. For example, if someone rapes, murders or is involved in corruption that should be punishable by what the quran says. But for something like dress code that only affects yourself then it shouldn't be enforced on the state. This is just a rough overview. But like I said again, when talking about Pakistan, dress code shouldn't even be a problem since most people follow it anyways.

Last edited:
@Kaptaan
Modesty is a state of mind, I swear I saw girls in Hijab ogling boys more than girls with moderate dress (I am not talking about all Hijabi girls).
Islam says keeps your eyes down (not to make unassasary eye contact) but on the same hand allow adult men and women to marry, do business with each other.
Don't go for physical appearances, as poet says...

Tarr damini pe aye sheikh hamari na jayio,
Daman nichoud dyen tou farishtey wazoo karyen.

He can't even no Muslim can change / allowed.

Back
Top Bottom