What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

To me it's whether it affects other people or not. For example, if someone rapes, murders or is involved in corruption that should be punishable by what the quran says. But for something like dress code that only affects yourself then it shouldn't be enforced on the state. This is just a rough overview. But like I said again, when talking about Pakistan, dress code shouldn't even be a problem since most people follow it anyways.

What may be objectionable to one may not be objectionable to the other. This is where slippery slope comes in. Making exceptions will lead to a total collapse one day.

Can’t wait to make it lit :devil: #OverAndOut Byeeeeee
How can I blame you for your behavior
You are what ,your father and your mother have taught you
So how can i blame you for this ......................................................................

That's because you belong to a people who have always used the chador and a head scarf before Islam came to you and enforced the typical blue (shuttlecock) burqa.

Remember Jana ji. You can eventually learn to call God by a different name.

But what do you do about the blood you are born with?

Cheers, Doc
So you did not understand my comment. So read again. 1. Blue Shuttlecock or for that matter white and black shuttle burqas are NOT linked to Islam. This type of burqa is a local Afghan/Pashtun tradition :) And oh BTW I never wore shuttle burqa lolzzz it is tooooo heavy

I can’t wait to wear maxi dresses, jeans with Ts and other stuff :devil:
These are common in main cities of Pakistan so what is new there ?

So you did not understand my comment. So read again. 1. Blue Shuttlecock or for that matter white and black shuttle burqas are NOT linked to Islam. This type of burqa is a local Afghan/Pashtun tradition :) And oh BTW I never wore shuttle burqa lolzzz it is tooooo heavy

No I understood you completely.

The burqa itself is Arab.

As most Islamic rules related to food, clothing, social customs, marriage, divorce, familial ties, monetary and inheritance issues, gender relationships and roles, etc. are.

The Persian head scarf and chador predate Islam by many thousands of years. And are worn by Irani and Parsi Zoroastrian women to this day.

Nothing changed for us. :)

Cheers, Doc

These are common in main cities of Pakistan so what is new there ?

It’s hilarious seeing these guys reaction lol

No I understood you completely.

The burqa itself is Arab.

As most Islamic rules related to food, clothing, social customs, marriage, divorce, familial ties, monetary and inheritance issues, gender relationships and roles, etc. are.
Being Arab does not mean being Islamic :) And NO most of Islamic rules are related to well being of Society.

The Persian head scarf and chador predate Islam by many thousands of years. And are worn by Irani and Parsi Zoroastrian women to this day.

Nothing changed for us. :)

Cheers, Doc
Traditionally and commonly Chadar and dupatta had been in use in Pakistan mostly throughout these years. It is only recently that girls started wearing these
New-Abaya-Style-for-girls.jpg
as a fashion as well as it is easy to roam markets and other such places in these instead of chadar

Being Arab does not mean being Islamic :) And NO most of Islamic rules are related to well being of Society.

Traditionally and commonly Chadar and dupatta had been in use in Pakistan mostly throughout these years. It is only recently that girls started wearing these
New-Abaya-Style-for-girls.jpg
as a fashion as well as it is easy to roam markets and other such places in these instead of chadar

This at least looks a bit exotic.

In India there is now an overflow of the black type.

The young ones use thinner material and have it tailored closer .... with some chamki embelishments.

Cheers, Doc

How can I blame you for your behavior
You are what ,your father and your mother have taught you
So how can i blame you for this ......................................................................

Oooo can’t wait to break barriers in Pakistan :devil:

This at least looks a bit exotic.

In India there is now an overflow of the black type.

The young ones use thinner material and have it tailored closer .... with some chamki embelishments.

Cheers, Doc
well same here. Mostly this is what we call burqa here is on the rise. It is a long gown simple as that. It is easy to roam to doge many taboos if one is dating :P . Besides one has to look into cultural sensitivities. For example when I was working with a TT in Islamabad I used to travel frequently though one of the private bus service which is considered quiet safe for women. Most of working women travel by that. So the story is that many girls, who used to be dropped by car by their male relatives, say father, brother, husband etc etc, used to be in chadar till nowshera or till the bus did not depart but as soon as reached Nowshera city most of them would used to remove even chadars and abayas the one i posted above. Underneath often wearing Jeans or other such attire. So let us not link it with religion alone

well same here. Mostly this is what we call burqa here is on the rise. It is a long gown simple as that. It is easy to roam to doge many taboos if one is dating :P . Besides one has to look into cultural sensitivities. For example when I was working with a TT in Islamabad I used to travel frequently though one of the private bus service which is considered quiet safe for women. Most of working women travel by that. So the story is that many girls, who used to be dropped by car by their male relatives, say father, brother, husband etc etc, used to be in chadar till nowshera or till the bus did not depart but as soon as reached Nowshera city most of them would used to remove even chadars and abayas the one i posted above. Underneath often wearing Jeans or other such attire. So let us not link it with religion alone

Dating in a burqa is so weird

Jana, it is not as benign here. As a dad my heart goes out when I see small girls made to dress like this.

Koi bachpan nahin milta unko ...

Not being religious here.

Cheers, Doc

Jana, it is not as benign here. As a dad my heart goes out when I see small girls made to dress like this.

Koi bachpan nahin milta unko ...

Not being religious here.

Cheers, Doc
I do not know what is the idea of small girls at your part of the world but here in my city I have seen girls in abaya or whatever chadar they are between the age of 16 to 18 and above. If they are small according to your criteria then well I disagree.

I just wish sometimes if feminism was as, if men don't show their chest y should we ( women ) ? If men don't show their back body parts why should we ? If men don't show their legs then y should we ?
But feminism is .,, let me show u whole body .. Nd u don't dare look at me .

U can't expect men to not look at u when you've opened whole jewels of your body infront of him .

Varies from person to person. Too covered, and I assume the woman is backward.
You will find more liberally dresses women amongst the higher educated and economic classes. With progress, the dress will change.
If you want to stay conservative, you will have to stay poor.

I do not know what is the idea of small girls at your part of the world but here in my city I have seen girls in abaya or whatever chadar they are between the age of 16 to 18 and above. If they are small according to your criteria then well I disagree.

Smaller. Much smaller.

Small enough to sit on the tank of daddy's bike ...

Cheers, Doc

Varies from person to person. Too covered, and I assume the woman is backward.
You will find more liberally dresses women amongst the higher educated and economic classes. With progress, the dress will change.
If you want to stay conservative, you will have to stay poor.

Hey look man, being too covered doesn’t make anyone backward. It’s their body and their liberty. What makes it backward is when people who are disregard those who aren’t or perceive them as bad. I respect their choice of life, just as they should respect ours.

Back
Top Bottom