What's new

Should women in Pakistan be told what to wear?

So how do you claim they wear burqa? at least not in our part of the world.

Not burqa. But they are swathed in cloth from top to bottom, with only their faces and little hands visible. I do not know the technical terms ...

I don't think its normal at all, and yeah, I'm taking the liberty of applying my personal yardstick and sensibilities here.

Cheers, Doc

Hey look man, being too covered doesn’t make anyone backward. It’s their body and their liberty. What makes it backward is when people who are disregard those who aren’t or perceive them as bad. I respect their choice of life, just as they should respect ours.
That's the preception I start with. I don't mind if they prove me wrong.
Typically, that's also signals that they are controlled by their family. Another sign of weakness.

Exceptions exist everywhere, though.

That's the preception I start with. I don't mind if they prove me wrong.
Typically, that's also signals that they are controlled by their family. Another sign of weakness.

Exceptions exist everywhere, though.

I respect those who choose to cover themselves and their rights, I disagree with enforcement and believe in personal choice. But I very rarely get to see compassion from the opposite ends towards those who are different.

Not burqa. But they are swathed in cloth from top to bottom, with only their faces and little hands visible. I do not know the technical terms ...

I don't think its normal at all, and yeah, I'm taking the liberty of applying my personal yardstick and sensibilities here.

Cheers, Doc

How do you mean?

I respect those who choose to cover themselves and their rights, I disagree with enforcement and believe in personal choice. But I very rarely get to see compassion from the opposite ends towards those who are different.

It's because culture and tradition have been confused with religion. Just like FGM and all that other nonsense.

Cheers, Doc
I have a 4-year old Niece (bhateeji) and we dress her according to weather. So what is wrong with dressing kids properly according to the weather? So exactly you want little kids to expose other than their faces and little hands and legs?? I mean seriously are you okay?

If a dress is revealing or exposing, there is no harm is stopping your family's men and women from wearing them. This is said with belief that neither men nor women are cooking laws but following what is told in Islam.

Go step by step: Do you disagree with the Islamic guidelines of a dress? The guidelines say it should be non-revealing, it should be non-exposing, not short and not tight to reveal your body curves.

If you father, brother, mother, sister, husband or wife asks you to follow them - do you have complains here?

There is no difference between men and women and both can tell you to follow these laws. My Grandmother was dominating, and she shaped life of my father's brothers, sisters and the family, and my mother is dominating and she advocates same laws from the book, in my family I am dominating and I advocate same laws. There is no talk of men vs women - but whoever is advocating laws needs to be followed.

You may explain your case with more details now.
have to agree with you there

But I might add, I disagree with the interpretations of the Islamic Guidelines of dress.
As far as someone asking me to follow it, ofcourse if someone asks me to do a good thing, I should follow it, however this heeding of advice should work both ways.
You seem like an open minded person, who will listen to women if they give good advice, but from the interaction I have had with many people, they do not listen to women, just because they are women.

Last edited:
What a curse! Muslims trying to justify dress codes that blatantly defy Quran and Sunnah.

Someone mentioned 'common sense', well Modesty is 'common sense' that some are too blind to see and brainless to realise.

Wearing Boob tubes in Europe and Shalwar Kameez in Pakistan, that's hypocrisy, not common sense!

What a curse! Muslims trying to justify dress codes that blatantly defy Quran and Sunnah.

Someone mentioned 'common sense', well Modesty is 'common sense' that some are too blind to see and brainless to realise.

Wearing Boob tubes in Europe and Shalwar Kameez in Pakistan, that's hypocrisy, not common sense!

Come on Garfs, really? A culturally sensitive society that restricts people to a particular traditional wear and anything else is frowned up vs free to wear what you please? Not really a balanced scale of weights is there

Last edited:
Come on Garfs, really? A culturally sensitive society that restricts people to a particular traditional wear and anything else is frowned up vs free to wear what you please? Not really a balanced scale of weights is there

Yes, really. There's no frowning upon any modest dress even if it's not Shalwar Kameez.

Look, you don't look at modesty as per clear guidance from Allah and prefer to go against - That's your choice. Debating with those poles apart therefore is pointless.

YES. This is our tradition. This is how it always has been, and always should be. Not every country has to become the west with females walking about in basically nothing. It's gross and undignified.

YES. This is our tradition. This is how it always has been, and always should be. Not every country has to become the west with females walking about in basically nothing. It's gross and undignified.
Bro, please tell me where this 'west' is you speak of. Apparently i've been here my whole life and haven't bared witness to this phenomena of which you speak of.

Back
Top Bottom