What's new

Should Turkey Acquire Nuclear Weapons in the Future?

Should Turkey Acquire Nuclear Weapons in the Future?

• Yes.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • No. Already has nuclear sharing agreement.

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters

NATO is not equal to Western backing.

As far as i remember Western countries never backed us against anything. They sanctioned Turkey in 1970s.

Lets not be unfair Sinan, we couldnt capture Apo without CIA and Mossad help for exsample.

What about Western countries backing PKK ?

Also US gave apo on a condition.... that's why they killed Bin-laden, and apo still runs PKK behind the bars.

On short notice. Italy declined to return a dhkp-c terrorist to Turkey.

İtalya DHKP-C’liyi Türkiye’ye vermedi - Milliyet Haber

NATO is not equal to Western backing.

As far as i remember Western countries never backed us against anything. They sanctioned Turkey in 1970s.
Think of the cold war times,no Nato then would have meant Turkey a part of the USSR.

In fact Turkey is an Umbrella for NATO interests, not vice versa. The bosses sitting in Washington, guarded by two huge oceans.

Think of the cold war times,no Nato then would have meant Turkey a part of the USSR.

They didn't do anything other than providing deterrence while we had to fight and die in Korea to have that.

We should use the benefits of being a NATO member to max but we should NEVER rely on them when it comes to our security.

They didn't do anything other than providing deterrence while we had to fight and die in Korea to have that.

We should use the benefits of being a NATO member to max but we should NEVER rely on them.
All those that have sent soldiers to the Korean war had losses.
I'm not saying we should rely on them but we are not in a position Yet to go for it alone.
There is no choice here for now,either NATO or the other side.

We should use the benefits of being a NATO member to max but we should NEVER rely on them.

Is it so clever to remain in NATO with the changing global situation? You cant stay neutral if USA calls for Article 4 or 5 while they are sitting thousands of miles away and YOU are neighboring Russia.

Russia is not Soviet Union. We dont want to force foreign people into a failed system called Communism. We want just defend our People and belongings. No need for beeing enemy with Turks.

All those that have sent soldiers to the Korean war had losses.
I'm not saying we should rely on them but we are not in a position Yet to go for it alone.
There is no choice here for now,either NATO or the other side.

And i'm not saying we should leave NATO or anything like that. What i'm saying is, if shit hits the fan, i doubt they would take one for us.

And i'm not saying we should leave NATO or anything like that. What i'm saying is, if shit hits the fan, i doubt they would take one for us.
They wont,we should allways have that in mind.
''Kopruyu gecene kadar ayiya dayi demek lazim''and thats a fact.

Is it so clever to remain in NATO with the changing global situation? You cant stay neutral if USA calls for Article 4 or 5 while they are sitting thousands of miles away and YOU are neighboring Russia.

Russia is not Soviet Union. We dont want to force foreign people into a failed system called Communism. We want just defend our People and belongings. No need for beeing enemy with Turks.

If it comes to that, i mean if things got that serious to make USA invoke article 5, i'd rather be on their side than any other country's.

They wont,we should allways have that in mind.
''Kopruyu gecene kadar ayiya dayi demek lazim''and thats a fact.

Yep, that's what i'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom