What's new

Should Turkey Acquire Nuclear Weapons in the Future?

Should Turkey Acquire Nuclear Weapons in the Future?

• Yes.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • No. Already has nuclear sharing agreement.

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, like Pakistan that gets droned every now and then by its masters in the U.S.A and is allowing America to build a military base in Islamabad??

Turkey is more independent compared to Nuclear Pakistan.

Really? Turkey hosts American nuclear weapons. Turkey is essentially occupied by Europe and the US because it belongs to NATO.

And who told you that the US has a base in Islamabad?

Last edited:
^^^I haven't been able to follow the news lately but I didn't know Turkey was occupied by "Europe and the US"!

Jokes aside, I suggest to some individuals that they should understand the implications of their "comments".

I think it's very reasonable for Turkey to acquire nuclear weapons, given the neighborhood it's in. But at the same time, Turkey signed the NPT. If it violates it, it will never be permitted to join the EU.

Yes Turkey should have its own nuclear weapons, with the rapidly changing geo-political scenario in the world ,I think Turks should consider this option, Turkey has one of the most powerful & impressive militaries in the Muslim world, & all it needs is to have its own nuclear capability, especially with a resurgent Russia , its a necessity for Turkey to have nuclear capability

No need nuclear weapons, just make high speed long range ballistic missilles...

Dude, an IRBM, or ICBM without a nuke warhead is a joke ;)

I know it bro, but Turkey need to pull out of NPT first if they want to make nuclear weapons and i think that will take alot of consequences...

RayKalm said:
Turkey hosts American nuclear weapons. Turkey is essentially occupied by Europe and the US because it belongs to NATO.
İncirlik is a NATO base not American, we have army officers serving in Ramstein, does that make Germany "essentially occupied by" Turkey? genius

[quote="rmi5]Dude, an IRBM, or ICBM without a nuke warhead is a joke ;)[/quote]
Chemical weapons are extremely easy to make, even though we don't keep chemical weapons in our inventory since like 1950ies, we can still make extremely lethal nerve gas in hours :)

But I agree that Turkey needs nuclear deterrent, since we have a bunch of pvssies running the country, anytime, anything can happen. Better safe than sorry..

Voted "no", but not because Turkey isn't a responsible country, but because.

- you are in NATO, any attack on you means article 5
- USA has more than enough nukes and far more impressive means to wage nuclear war, if it gets to that (God forbid it gets that far)
- nuclear proliferation is something to be avoided, other ME countries might try to get nukes if you do

Nukes are the best deterrent in this world, look at how America backed off even after North Korea sunk that South Korean battleship, killing hundreds of naval personnel. Not to mention the constant bombardment, killing multiple civilians each time.

Shouldn't have signed the NPT.

Back
Top Bottom