What's new

Should Pakistans Army Chief resign after NATO attack

Should Pakistan’s Army Chief resign after NATO attacks

• Yes

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
what do you mean that this guy should never resigned from the post ? Suppose after 5 years Zardari again become the president he won't be able to take any decision. Country do not run on a man they run by the institutions and if institutions lost their credibility and respect in the eye of people everything gone.

Zardari does not have a " Snowballs chance " of being reelected in Pakistan. But then you are an indian who is clueless about Pakistani politics so I can understand the foolish statements coming from you.

People who are clamouring for General Kiyani to resign, please understand that if General Kiyani resigns, Zardari will have the opportunity to appoint the most incompetent, unprofessional "Yes Man" type of guy to replace him. ?

Kayani is also a YES man dude, its bcoz of Kayani that zardari govt. has survived till now.

Doesn't matter if a new YES Man becomes a COAS. Gen. Kayani is one dheet general, he will never resign, no matter what happens (is it GHQ attack, Mehran base, abbotabad attack, attack by NATO and US, drones attacks, etc. etc. etc. ). He should not resign, he should be sacked.

Zardari does not have a " Snowballs chance " of being reelected in Pakistan. But then you are an indian who is clueless about Pakistani politics so I can understand the foolish statements coming from you.

You are a senior person but let assume for god forbid if Kayani dies tomorrow what will happen then ? Institution take the decision and run the country by taking majority in confidence. Accountability needs to be fixed. I don't think he is doing justice with his job as we can see failure after failure as compared to mush's era.

What about the moral of the army.. u know there reports after 2nd may that moral of the soldiers are as low as was in 1971? and he had to answered some really hard questions from officers?

Ok..lets tell me who is responsible for this terrible act because it is not one of the off event.

Country do not run on a man they run by the institutions and if institutions lost their credibility and respect in the eye of people everything gone.
I agree, there are many other competent generals in PA, stop giving extensions to ISI chief and COAS and let generals other do their work. Kayani is not the end of this world.

Its like an insult to other generals when Kayani was given extension, as if all other are idiot and Kayani is the only wise guy is PA.

I don't think that Pakistani people who are demanding Gen. Kiyani to resign have considered all the ramifications of this step. If Kiyani resigns then Zardari will have the option to pick the next COAS. He will pick the most unprofessional " Yes Man" he can find out of the options he has. Are you really prepared to give Zardari that kind of Power ?

Zardari already gave extension to one such unprofessional general (Kayani) during last year. Terms s of both Zardari and Kayani will end in 2013. Till then their strategy is" you scratch my back and i scratch your back."

I agree, there are many other competent generals in PA, stop giving extensions to ISI chief and COAS and let generals other do their work. Kayani is not the end of this world.

Its like an insult to other generals when Kayani was given extension, as if all other are idiot and Kayani is the only wise guy is PA.

That is precisely the point. and what kind of signal you are sending to the troops who are on the ground ? People are taking their position for granted and they are not answerable to anyone

6 May, 2011.
General Kayani (Abbotabad): Don't Do it Again,Pakistan warns US.

Oct. 19, 2011: 'US may attack, but they'll think 10 times':Parvaiz Kayani.

Today, 26th Nov:
General Kayani: Pakistan's military will take serious action if any NATO attack occurs in its territory in future.

When will these traitors stop hoodwinking our nation just to please Uncle Sam.

6 May, 2011.

Today, 26th Nov:
General Kayani: Pakistan's military will take serious action if any NATO attack occurs in its territory in future.

No dude, its not appropriate to declare your COAS as a traitor, but yes its true that during Kayani tenure, PA has failed to justice with their job. He is not a traitor but failed commander.

He should have either resigned or should have been sacked after GHQ attack in 2008 and he was inside GHQ during attack. He should be bold enough to take the responsibility of his failures as commanders.

Not just Gen. Kayani but PAF chief should also be sacked. First the Abbotabad attack and now again this. NATO not just used helos but their fighter jets also actively participated in this recent check post attack. Where the hell is our so called all time alert air force, their radar network. We should not go inside afghan territory but atleast provide air support and cover to our javan within our airspace.

After the OBL episode, Air chief assured the nation to foil any eventuality from the western borders. But PAF and aviation wing of PA proved to be sitting ducks during this attack. 3 weeks ago, PA and PAF made an indian helo to force land in skardu within minutes.

Message is quite clear for our enemies, if you want to attack Pakistan, its nuclear and strategic installation, Don't waste your time. Come on, do it from western frontier. (PAF, PA and our radars are only east centric).

Just what america wanted and their columnists were writing way before this attack to make army unpopulor and ultimately attack our nukes.Well atack has happened and there are ways to retaliate which ofcourse the Army will but we can't afford a full scale war with about 42+ countries and prey tell me how could the jets be shot which accompanied the copters

Are people advocating an attack on NATO?
Should we bomb them so that there attack is
legitimized and a war starts.
Or do they want PA to nuke afghanistan?

Enough is enough lots of rants on army here anger will not drive the security policy sensibility and deep thinking will.

BUT!!! I will not be amused if something bad happens for NATO and those AMERIGUNS in afghanistan after this, after all they started it this time.

6 May, 2011.

Today, 26th Nov:

The scums will not dare stand up for the innocents being killed.

This thread is hijacked by TTP CIA and MQM hooligans who are launching personal attacks on forum members.
Vow great analogy TTP, CIA and MQM (By the way now a days MQM is darling to Both Kayani and Gen. Pasha)

Just what america wanted and their columnists were writing way before this attack to make army unpopular and ultimately attack our nukes.

Army is popular, and they don't needs any columnist to make them popular. Its the generals who are running the reputation of PA. The response of our Generals will be same if there is any attack on our strategic installation.

Ab kae Maar. Ab kae Maar (this is how our generals respond after every attack).

Well atack has happened and there are ways to retaliate which of course the Army will but we can't afford a full scale war with about 42+ countries
Who the hell is asking to start war with US and NATO, but at least behave like honorable nation. A nuclear power getting gang rape by US and NATO on regular basis.

Are these TTP Mqm goons advocating an attack on NATO?
Should we bomb them so that there attack is legitimized and a war starts.
Or do they want PA to nuke afghanistan?

Name any one person who is advocating these idiot options.

Why should Kiyani resign?..need reasonable answer ...
I think he should not. He knows more then anyone else the triviality of the moment.

Vow great analogy TTP, CIA and MQM (By the way now a days MQM is darling to Both Kayani and Gen. Pasha)

Army is popular, and they don't needs any columnist to make them popular. Its the generals who are running the reputation of PA. The response of our Generals will be same if there is any attack on our strategic installation.

Ab kae Maar. Ab kae Maar (this is how our generals respond after every attack).

Who the hell is asking to start war with US and NATO, but at least behave like honorable nation. A nuclear power getting gang rape by US and NATO on regular basis.

Name any one person who is advocating these idiot options.
1.Well the mqm man was on another thread ranting about army and the defence budget.I am using mobile and hence I mistook this thread for that.

2.So what response do you expect? Will you care to explain?

I can't understand what do you people want army to do?
What can nukes do in this scenario? They can be used to give threats or start a nuclear war!
do you want to have kiyani give a nuclear threat to Ameriguns and NATO?

Well for now its very prudent to close supplies and get base vacated forever and then think on options available and the scope of future relations.

It is very easy to critisize anyone but let me ask you had you been in kiyani's place what would you do?

Kayani should resigns. Unless and until you won't make people accountable for their deeds this thing will keep on repeating. Make people accountable.

Indian, you don't get a vote here. We Pakistanis will decide what we will do with our Political and Military leaders. So make yourself scarce and follow the Exit signs.

Back
Top Bottom