What's new

Should Pakistan join China J-31 / F-60 project?

join F-60 project?

• yes

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters
it J-31 thread otherwise I would be obliged to post the detail of india $ 400 billion foreign loan and aid detail .... dont troll ....
I am not...I asked a very much valid question (Which area Pakistan can contribute towards this project... Means to say ....Pakistan is Master into which area....??) related with thread...But your fellow countryman took it in different way...Pls answer my question.

I am not...I asked a very much valid question (Which area Pakistan can contribute towards this project... Means to say ....Pakistan is Master into which area....??) related with thread...But your fellow countryman took it in different way...Pls answer my question.

Pakistan has very much to contribute in laying out technical parameters and aspects of R&D. In a joint project the work is shared, therefore its hard to tell who did what.

Pakistan has very much to contribute in laying out technical parameters and aspects of R&D. In a joint project the work is shared, therefore its hard to tell who did what.

I am not 100% satisfied with your answer ...But anyway thanks.

If Pakistan can contribute to funding, it should be able to get production and license rights. Rumor has it PLAAF is primarily funding J-20, with little funding for J-31. J-31 is primarily funded by AVIC itself, not like J-20 which is heavily funded by the Chinese government. If PAF can provide say 1 or 2 billion funding for J-31, the project can really turn out great. Plus, PAF needs a medium fighter in the future to replace F-16, and J-31 is the best choice for that. :p: F-35 is too costly, and only has 1 engine. J-31 would be much less costly, and having two engines means it would be a lot safer to fly than F-35.
yes Pakistan should join these projects,keeping in view the militirization of india,indian planes like sukhoi,MIG-29 are very advanced,so we should join these projects with china.

Hopefully pakistan would join in this project inshAllah.I thing pakistan is just waiting for some agreements with KSA.

Pakistan should sign up and become a full partner in the Project. Pakistan should join all Research and Development for future Defense related Projects with China to the best of its Abilities and Financial Capacities. This is how we will learn and move forward and except for Pakistanis and Chinese people, anyone else's Opinion means SQUAT in this matter.

Last edited:
I am telling ya that SAC might disappear if they didn't bring Libya, Algeria and Tunisia on board this project and help them to develop some turbo prop planes like small trainers and Cesna class aircraft locally.

I don't think financial will be an issue to get J-31 once Gwadar port is fully up operation linking to Kashgar and if the potential gaz or oil pipeline link from Iran to China via Pakistan is added, then Pakistan will get all the transit fee for the J-31. It's in China interest to sell it at friendly price to our wheater friend.

For your silly question you 'should' understand the difference b/w 'should' & 'can' , but 'can' you ....?
its another question .....

Simple fact is …we have cash and big pool Engineers and scientist …so we joined the 5th Gen project with work share… In the case of Pakistan …You don have cash, you are AID and soft lone taker country along with full of JIHADIST….In Short you qualify nowhere… So YOU CANNOT....Now you can masturbate with JIHADIST.

Mr. debating and raising a genuine question is one thing, but defaming and hatred about the country is another thing ..... is it necessary to exhibit your mucker mentality in each of your post ..... read your post again

Last edited:
Pakistan has very much to contribute in laying out technical parameters and aspects of R&D.
Okey lets just say that PAF says we need a mach2+ aircraft with XX-Band AESA and XXXKG Turbofan Engine and that would be termed as "Joint Development". I remember the interview of a PAF pilot in Zhuhai where he clearly mentioned that PAF has no contribution in J-20 project nor she has any experience or operational knowledge to share about stealth platforms. PAF contributed in JF program because she had decades long experience of operating and maintaining the platform. But 5th Gen is a different story altogether. And anyways, I don't really see any point in opening up a thread since J-30 is an export platform so it would be open and available to everybody. And most importantly we would be buying only a small number, not like JFT which is a backbone replenishment project.

Pakistan should sign up and become a full partner in the Project.
Two important aspects are necessary
1-Does the project need funds? like CAC needed funds for FC-1 for it was a private project. The project appears to be fully backed and funded by AVIC (as opposed to impression that project was privately funded by SAC)
2-Has China offically invited Pakistan to invest in the project? like it did in JFT....

Pakistan should join all Research and Development for future Defense related Projects with China to the best of its Abilities and Financial Capacities.
Again, everything has its own limits, China doesn't necessarily need to involve Pakistan in every futuristic project. There are already significant numbers of Pakistani engineers in working in China and I hope they are learning from whatever projects they are being part of.

Last edited:
2-Has China offically invited Pakistan to invest in the project? like it did in JFT....

Is there a source that says China invited Pakistan to join FC-1 project? I was under the impression that the PAF chief took a trip visiting CAC and just happens to have seen a model of FC-1 sitting on a shelf somewhere and decided hmm, that looks pretty cool, and decided to join FC-1 proactively. :p:

1-Does the project need funds? like CAC needed funds for FC-1 for it was a private project. The project appears to be fully backed and funded by AVIC (as opposed to impression that project was privately funded by SAC)

Currently, China is focusing on J-20, not J-31. Some funding from Pakistan would definitely give J-31 project boost. So far, J-31 has flown with undercarriage retracted, but it's progressing much slower than J-20, which China is focusing on at the moment.

Last edited:
Is there a source that says China invited Pakistan to join FC-1 project? I was under the impression that the PAF chief took a trip visiting CAC and just happens to have seen a model of FC-1 sitting on a shelf somewhere and decided hmm, that looks pretty cool, and decided to join FC-1 proactively. :p:
As a substitute to Super-7, China started the FC-1 project. In February 1992, CATIC (China Aero Technology Import and Export Corporation) invited the Pakistan to invest in the project in return for huge Transfer of Technology and participation in R&D of the project. Pakistan Accepted. The First Flight was planned in 1996, but it got delayed because Pakistan wished to upgrade the characteristics in response to India's acquisitions of Su-30MKI. The project began to Stagnate. But in 1998, Pakistani PM's visit to China resulted in the continuation of the Programme. In 1999, sanctions on Pakistan led to serious setbacks on the programme. Pakistan hoped to install WesternAvionics on the plane, which was now not possible. Year 2001 saw the changes in approach to develop the fighter plane. The development of airframe was de-linked from the development ofAvionics. The Comprehensive design was completed in September 2002 while the development of different aircraft systems progressed. The First Aircraft was assembled by May 2003.
JF-17 History | JF-17 Thunder
Some funding from Pakistan would definitely give J-31 project boost. So far, J-31 has already flown with undercarriage retracted, but it's progressing much slower than J-20, which China is focusing on at the moment
I can rather speculate J-31 entering production before J-20... :)

17164534.jpg

If Pakistan can bring in the money the other things will follow.

Back
Top Bottom